PDA

View Full Version : Problems eating in the morning

Splinter
08-28-2003, 12:06 PM
Ever since I can remember I've found food nasty when I wake up. I never cared until I started lifting and now I can hear and feel my stomach begging for food in the morning, but I have a really hard time getting it down.

After I've been up for like an hour or so I start to get hungry and I would usually eat breakfast after an hour and half, or if I had to leave (all weekdays) I would get something while I was out. This would frequently lead to me not eating anything until like 12 or 1, so I can't do that anymore. But if I have to leave like 45 minutes after I get up can barely eat a bowl of raisin bran or oatmeal.

Anyways, I'm a total beginner at this point, I've only been at it for a little over two months. I've gained a lot but I'm still small and weak as hell from doing nothing the first 20 years of my life.

I'm not really looking for solutions (although that would be cool as hell) because I'm sure this is something I'm just going to have to work through, but does anyone here have any idea what I'm talking about or am I an anomoly?

triplej
08-28-2003, 12:14 PM
imo try and consume some whole foods as soon as you wake, it might be tough at first but once you get in the habit you will look forward to that first meal, GL

rpffly
08-28-2003, 12:23 PM
I know what your saying, I used to be the same way. You have to get in the habit of eating in the morning or you will be wasting your time in the gym. Get up a little earlier or prepare something the night before and throw it in the fridge. Once you get in the habit it will become part of your morning routine.

hemants
08-28-2003, 12:32 PM
Make a shake.

LAM
08-28-2003, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by hemants
Make a shake.

exactly...If you can't eat then you need to drink a shake. if you can't do either than you need to find a new sport.

aidano
08-28-2003, 01:25 PM
I'm the same. I struggle with breakfast, but I can manage a bowl of oatmeal, a shake, some peanut butter and a tbsp of flax oil every morning.

ishaqmir
08-28-2003, 03:25 PM
same here

i'm also a beginner. been training for just over 2 months and have had some good gains with my 3000 cals diet.

its such a bitch eating in the morning. its generally with cereals because of the milk/liquid. what i do is i eat as much of the cereal as i can, then i just down half a can of chick peas. that makes up the carbs n some protein.

Scott S
08-28-2003, 08:12 PM
I've had the same trouble. It's tough forcing that first bowl of cereal down in the morning. To say nothing of the second.

I've had good results with Slim-Fast shakes in the morning. Keep a bunch in the fridge, and then there is no prep time whatsoever. After that, it becomes a little easier to eat stuff.

LAM
08-29-2003, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by Scott S
I've had the same trouble. It's tough forcing that first bowl of cereal down in the morning. To say nothing of the second.

I've had good results with Slim-Fast shakes in the morning. Keep a bunch in the fridge, and then there is no prep time whatsoever. After that, it becomes a little easier to eat stuff.

Slim Fast is nothing but simple sugars and very low qualtiy proteins. get youself a decent WPC from Optimum, EAS, ProLab, etc. to use.

here is a great morning shake:

8 oz. orange juice (full pulp)
8 oz. cold water
1/2 cup of oats
2 scoops of Strawberry Optimum ProComplex or Strawberry HDT Blended protein

it's about 500 cals, with 55 grams of protein and 50 grams of carbs

SoulOfKoRea
08-29-2003, 05:05 PM
how about a simple whey shake in milk, and then eating a whole food meal ~30-60 minutes afterwards?