PDA

View Full Version : too much fat/too little protein

frankm007
08-28-2003, 07:55 PM
retirez

Dedicated
08-28-2003, 08:46 PM
I think you only need 0.8g of protein per pound of lbm, but shoot for 1g per pound to be safe. I weigh 169-173 and I usually get 145-200ish a day. Not sure on the fat question.

bradley
08-29-2003, 03:33 AM
Originally posted by frankm007
would 30% fat be too much fat? coming from flax, fish oils!

I don't necessarily think that you need all 30% of your fats to come from EFAs, and I would just try and get a good ratio of n-6 to n-3 fatty acids. If you need more fat then you can just add some monounsaturated fat such as olive oil, which will not disrupt the n-6:n-3 ratio. Although 30% of your cals from fat will be fine.

would 30% (1.4g x bw) protein be fine?

this is for a maintenance diet...

I don't really think you will see any difference consuming 1.4g of protien per lb. of bw as compared to 1g per lb or bw, but then again it is not going to hurt anything.

I would recommend taking in ~1g of protien per lb. of bw, and then making sure you are taking in adequate amounts of EFAs. The rest of your cals can come from carbs and fat, and playing around with the amount of carbs and fat would probably yield the best results. Some people see better results with a high fat intake and some prefer more carbs and less fat.