PDA

View Full Version : South Beach Diet

nhbmark
08-28-2003, 09:41 PM
Hey all,

I'm new around here.

Wanted to know if anyone has tried the very popular South Beach Diet & what their thoughts are on it?

bradley
08-29-2003, 02:50 AM
Do you have any information or links about the diet?

Nelly
08-29-2003, 07:21 AM
Here is a link to The South Beach Diet plan
http://www.ivillage.com/diet/features/guests/pages/0,,218936_574140,00.html

Nelly

Trent_Steel
08-29-2003, 10:16 AM
well my sister get cosmo and this month guess what, it comes with the book called the South Beach Diet.
Looking through it seems good science, its just getting you to eat good clean carb with a low glycymic index.
I say go for it, it look much better than the heart attack every 2 minutes Atkins plan

greekboy80
08-29-2003, 01:04 PM
um....Trent, your way off on the atkins comment! go study!

unshift
08-29-2003, 01:36 PM
my dad's girlfriend is on it now, and she's seen some success after ~2 weeks, with no exercise.

i think there are better ways to diet, but for people who need something planned out in advance and do not train, it seems to be ok.

unshift
08-29-2003, 01:37 PM
oh and one more point --

i think most of the success comes from people switching from eating garbage to clean eating. most of the people on fad diets do not exercise, so any cleaning up of their diet will probably yield some sort of results. and, it can teach much better eating habits.

Holto
08-29-2003, 03:51 PM
cleaning up your diet won't effect weight loss

generally when people make cleaner choices they end up reducing total calorie intake

SoulOfKoRea
08-29-2003, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by Holto
generally when people make cleaner choices they end up reducing total calorie intake

:thumbup:

Trent_Steel
08-30-2003, 02:12 AM
Originally posted by greekboy80
um....Trent, your way off on the atkins comment! go study!

You can spend the next 20 years eating saturated fat, but dont be ignorant enough not to think its healthy.

If dont have a balanced diet you will damaging your body.

If your so know so much about how healthy atkins is how about posting a few links so us idiots can go study tuttut

Max-Mex
08-30-2003, 09:05 AM
I'd recommend it to anyone wanting to learn about "clean" eating. I've been on the phase 1 part for 12 days now and have lost about 5 pounds. I was a litttle worried that I would lose some of my muscle but my food intake has been good. I felt weak the first 5 days but it seems my body has adjusted. I was never able to get a ratio of fats, carbs and protien that I wanted, but now it much easier. In reality, I have a hard time getting enough carbs, and I've been eating the recommended veggies like crazy.

I never really understood the GI index, but the book made everything so much easier to understand. It seems like the whole plan is based on sound science. I'm not an expert but I've seen many of the ideas from the book talked about in the forums.

Iyou have hit a plateau, then try this diet out. It might help you understand what might be the problem. Helped me.

TiGeR AK
08-30-2003, 09:58 PM
i saw some tv program on the south beach diet..

and i think it's just basically a low carb diet that tricks people into eating below-maintenance calories.

they don't count calories as part of the diet, but just stick to low carb stuff, and without even knowing it, they're eating below-maintenance calories... and i think that's why it seems to be working ok for some people.