PDA

View Full Version : Question about poop.

harryhoudini66
08-29-2003, 10:17 AM
Ever since I started my Keto diet I have been going to the bathroom about once per day. When I go it is very little that I do. When I carbo load I end up going about three to four times per day. I noticed that when I am on keto and drink more water I end up going more. Still not a lot of waste but still go more. Does drinking about a gallon of water per day make you go to the bathroom more for 1 and 2? Should I try to drink a gallon or more per day to keep going?

Trent_Steel
08-29-2003, 10:23 AM
can you add fiber to a keto diet, something like bran maybe?

harryhoudini66
08-29-2003, 10:30 AM
Yeah, in fact I remember reading about it. I will start doing this on Sunday. Today happens to be my carbo load day. I wonder home much I am carrying since I don't go much to the John. Maybe I should way myself after I have taken a good amount of fiber and done my business.

Diet is going great by the way. I am now down to 204 from 219 in three weeks.

bradley
08-29-2003, 01:43 PM
You should keep you water intake high, due to the dehydrating effects of ketosis.

There will be less waste when following a ketogenic diet as opposed to a more balanced approach, because a ket diet lacks the bulk that is associated with carbs (i.e. fiber). The body utilizes >90% of all fat and protein that you consume so that does not leave much that needs to be excreted by the body, where as the percentage is much less than that for carbohydrates.

Either way keep your water intake high, and add some fiber to your diet. Either increase the amount of green veggies you are eating and/or use a fiber supplement.

harryhoudini66
08-29-2003, 02:12 PM
Heheheh I wouls say I waste sometimes less then 10% of what I used to.

dirty-c
08-29-2003, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by harryhoudini66
Diet is going great by the way. I am now down to 204 from 219 in three weeks.

Not to knock you, but just so you know, a lot of that initial weightloss is water, not fat. When you eat a diet that contains carbohydrates, each gram can hold on to 4gm of water before being stored in your body. When you deprive yourself of the carbohydrates, you're losing all that water. Not even drinking it by the barrel is going to change that.
If you think about the CKD and TKD diets, with their refeeeds, these numbers make sense. People flucuate by as much as 10 lbs in a 2day period while on these diets. They go from eating close to zero carbs one day, to eating 600gm the next. 600gm + (600gm X 4) = 600gm+2400gm = 3000 gm = 6.6 lbs

Its not really a good or a bad thing, its just important that people realize what is happening in those first few weeks. People on Lowcarb diet boards often flip out when they see their weightloss come to (what they consider to be) a "scretching halt". If you were actually losing 5lbs/week of non-water weight, that would probably be VERY catabolic and extremely unhealthy.

EdgarMex
08-29-2003, 03:18 PM
Try a sugar-free fiber supplement. It does wonders when your on a keto diet.

harryhoudini66
08-29-2003, 04:24 PM
I know about the water weight. In fact I was retaining even more then normal peeps because of the creatine I was taking. Now, take it from someone who weighed around 245-250, any pound you loose whether it is fat, water or even muscles sometimes, counts.