PDA

View Full Version : anxiety ?

Andy P
08-30-2003, 11:27 AM
Hi, i'm not sure what i got but i keep on having panic attacks at school. Mainly before tests and people i am intimidated by and make me feel nervous. When i feel uncomfotable my heart speeds up and i shake a little. Depends on how bad it is, i only shake when its really bad. These attacks dont happen to often at one point they happened about once a week but since ive been workin out i feel more confident and only happen lets say every month or so... depends. I dont normally have them when im with my friends and family and most social situations (IE friends, girls)are ok ?

I dont think i have a bad case, maybe i lack confidence or maybe i have a slight anxiety disorder ? anyone shead any light ?

Thanks.

MrWebb78
08-30-2003, 12:01 PM
avoidant personality disorder.

look it up on the web and see if you fit most of the symptoms.

Andy P
08-30-2003, 01:59 PM
I dont think i have avoidant personality disorder. I never really avoid because of fear of critism. Its hard to explain really. I just have random panic attacks sometimes when i feel out of place or have to do something i dont like. Sometimes i dont mind them after, weird. makes me feel alive. But when i have them they scare the **** out of me.

Ohhh, sometimes i have them when i have to speak or make a presntation in public. That sorta relates to it. But i know tons of people who are scared of that....

AndresC
08-30-2003, 03:51 PM
It does sound like you have more anxiety than most. If working out reduces how often they happen to I think you found your way to get rid of them. If you REALLY wanted to get to the bottom of it you could see a psychologist.

James.uk
08-30-2003, 04:14 PM
I sort of have this too. I just try to avoid these situations the best i can.

Andy P
08-31-2003, 04:52 AM
James: when it was worse i avoided situations so it wouldnt occur but that makes it worse. No point running from things. Anyway, gym helps alot. They only happen every now and then now so im not that worried anymore. I think im getting over it slowly. the best way i have been dealing with it is by thinking situations through rationally.

James.uk
08-31-2003, 08:20 AM
Glad to hear it. :)

I also think I am getting over it, slowly.