PDA

View Full Version : natty pb?

patrick0641
08-31-2003, 06:33 AM
Hey, I'm a newbie so don't flame me for this. I've tried searching to figure this out but nobody actually explained it as far as I could find. Is natty peanut butter a brand name? Or does natty just stand for natural? I think I'm probably the only one on the board that doesn't know about it.. Thanks

rookiebldr
08-31-2003, 07:17 AM
lol, I doubt you are the only one! Yes natty is natural. It's the best. :)

Stryc-9
08-31-2003, 07:30 AM
They always say, if YOU are wondering something, there are probably ten other people wondering the same thing (but too afraid to ask).

There are lots of different brands out there....the only ingredient should be: peanuts. That's it, that's all.

patrick0641
08-31-2003, 07:58 AM
alright, thanks. :D does that mean jif and all that stuff is bad for you?

bradley
08-31-2003, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by patrick0641
alright, thanks. :D does that mean jif and all that stuff is bad for you?

While natural peanut peanut butter is probably the best, due to the lack of hydrogenated ingredients, but I really do not think consuming one or the other is going to make that much of a difference.

The brands such as Jif, Peter Pan, etc. might have added sugar, so you might want to check the label.

Dedicated
08-31-2003, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Stryc-9
They always say, if YOU are wondering something, there are probably ten other people wondering the same thing (but too afraid to ask).

I was wondering the same thing lol.:D

raniali
08-31-2003, 11:37 PM
peanuts and salt is still considered natural
when they start adding stabilizers and sugars, the peanut butter loses its naturalness. read the ingredients.

additionally - just a helpful hint - store natty pb upside-down for at least a day before opening. when you finally open and break the seal, all the free oils will be on the bottom and not spill all over the place when you begin to mix them back in. after your pb is mixed, store in fridge for best consistency.

mikey4402
08-31-2003, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by raniali
when they start adding stabilizers and sugars, the peanut butter loses its naturalness. read the ingredients.

additionally - just a helpful hint - store natty pb upside-down for at least a day before opening. when you finally open and break the seal, all the free oils will be on the bottom and not spill all over the place when you begin to mix them back in. after your pb is mixed, store in fridge for best consistency.
good tip with putting it upside-down... ill have to try that

patrick0641
09-01-2003, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by raniali

lol just a little late reading this post..I got excited when I brought my new jar of natty pb home and didn't even see the oil there until it was too late. oh well..