PDA

View Full Version : diet advice

furious
08-31-2003, 10:42 AM
Alright, it occurs to me I am taking in rather large portions per meal. If anyone could advise me on how to better split up this meal, I would greatly appreciate any advice/suggestions. Thank you for your assistance.

Current Bulking Diet:

Height: 5'9
Weight: 142lbs

9:00 am: 1.66 lbs lean chicken breasts
1 and half cup of fat free cottage cheest- 380 cals
1 apple

12 am: 1 and half cup fat free cottage cheese
1 apple

2 pm: Bag of fat free turkey jerkey- 270 cals, 40 g's protein
1 apple

4 pm: pre workout shake 50 g protein, 1 tablespoon glutamine

7 pm: post workout shake- 50 g's protein, 1 spoon glutamine

8:30 pm: 1.50lbs salmon

11:00 pm: bedtime shake 50 grms protein, 1 spoon glutamine

bradley
08-31-2003, 10:59 AM
Have you considered reducing the amount of protein that you are consuming and increasing the amount of carbs and fat. There has been no evidence that consuming a large amount of protein will have any benefits, especially when in a calorie surplus. One gram of protein per lb. of bodyweight should be plenty of protein.

I would definitely recommend adding carbs to your post workout shake, which will replenish muscle glycogen and increase recovery.

Also if you are using whey protein for your last meal, I would recommend mixing it with milk to help slow the absorption of the whey. Whey is not really an ideal protein source, unless you are referring to its use pre/post workout.

eatdirt40
08-31-2003, 01:33 PM
i always have a post workout shake and some spagetti or rice after i workout, try eating something full of carbs after your workouts trust me it helps.