PDA

View Full Version : I need some advice

SadCubicleHead
08-31-2001, 01:08 PM
I need some advice.

Weight

I want to gain some legitimate weight, but Iím very skinny.

============================
Height: 6í1
Weight: 142 lbs
Body Fat: 8 per cent or so
Hair: Brown
Marital Status: Single and lonely

At the beginning of March I weighed around 160 lbs, and less than two weeks ago I was at 135 lbs. The reason I got so low was because I was dieting while working out. I have a moderate sized gut that doesnít go away.

Working Out

Anyway, about two weeks ago I decided that Iím gonna start gaining weight, instead of losing it. I figured if Iím working out and not eating then Iím being an idiot. I have the opportunity to gain legitimate mass. Iíve gained about 7lbs in two weeks.

This is the workout schedule Iíve been following for the past four months or so:

Monday: 30 minute jog (3 mile)
Tuesday: rest
Wednesday: 1 hour workout, 30 minute jog (3 mile)
Thursday: 30 minute jog (3 mile)
Friday: 1 hour workout
Saturday: 1 hour workout
Sunday: 1 hour workout

Every day: 110 situps (75 with 5 lb weight, 10 with 10 lb weight)

I used to be in Kung Fu for three hours a week (until Aug.), but I dropped that because my teacher was a d**che-bag. So in replacement I added two workouts (Wed, Sat).

Iíve always been involved in some sort of legit exercise since June of 1997. Whether it be weights, cardio and/or martial arts.

Diet

In the past four months Iíve transformed my whole diet. I gradually changed me eating habits and now I basically only eat healthy foods. Iíve taken all the garbage out and Iíve started eating vegetables and fruits, which I never ate at all in the past.

Hereís generally what I eat since Iíve been trying to gain weight:
(I've been eating the following not excessively before trying to bulk).

Breakfast
- 5 Whole Wheat pancakes (1 cup) (ingredients: quarter container of egg white, 1 cup of skim milk or water, very small amount of maple syrup)
- 3 eggs (minus 1 yolk) with ketchup
- 1 slice of whole wheat bread
- 1 Kiwi or 2 slices of watermellon
I also might replace the pancakes with:
- 1 large bowl of Plain Oatmeal with water
- 1 large bowl of All-Bran with either blueberries or strawberries)
- 1 cup of apple juice

I split my lunches and dinners in to several meals throughout the day.

Lunch
- 1 can of tuna (plain) with lettuce, pepper, onions on whole wheat buns
OR
- 1 can of salmon (plain) with lettuce, pepper, onions on whole wheat buns
OR
- 2 pieces of skinless/boneless chicken with lettuce, pepper, onions on whole wheat buns
- Peaches or plumbs or kiwi or apricots or carrots

Dinner
- 2 pieces of skinless/boneless chicken with lettuce, pepper, onions and ketchup/bbq sauce (this is a regular dinner meal)
I also eat the following meals periodically for dinner:
- spaghetti, lasagna, brown rice, potatoes, sirloin burgers on whole wheat buns, delisioso pizza, turkey, corn on the cob, carrots and other things I canít think of right nowÖ

I usually work out after dinner, so after I workout I eat 3 more scrambled eggs on a whole wheat bun with ketchup. I sometimes eat fruit along with my eggs.

*I drink approximately 18 cups of water a day.

I eat a lot of food during the day and I KNOW I can eat A LOT more. I can destroy a table of food. DESTROY.

Is it ok to eat more considering my workout schedule?

I want to gain some legitimate weight. I donít wanna look like The-Incredible-Hulkster-SwarzenMucsle-Man. I want to look like Brad Pitt. Ok, my face is wayyyy too ugly to look like Brad Pitt. Granted, my face isnít great *tears*, but I want my body to look defined.

I know I canít expect results immediately, but am I on the right track?

Thanks for reading,
SadCubicleHead

Sun
08-31-2001, 02:47 PM
Good foods = Good start. Try to eat more frequently, every 2 hours or so with a portion of carbs/protein and fat. A portion being a handful or so. In the case of a big fat juicy steak, eat the whole thing!

Add some red meat.
Add some full fat milk.
Add some eggs.
Add some potatoes.

For instance, a meal could be like this:

Meal 3 (of 6) -

12 Oz. Steak
2 Scoops Mashed Potatoes

Or maybe...

Meal 4 (of 6)

2 Pieces Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast
1 Whole Wheat Bagel
2 Tbsp. Natural Peanut Butter (1 tbsp. each half of bagel.)

... I mean it doesn't have to be creative, but you're not eating nearly enough to grow. Especially since you are running. Just eat man, and eat tons. Any good food you can get your hands on, shovel it down.

Jane
08-31-2001, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by SadCubicleHead

I want to gain some legitimate weight. I donít wanna look like The-Incredible-Hulkster-SwarzenMucsle-Man. I want to look like Brad Pitt. Ok, my face is wayyyy too ugly to look like Brad Pitt. Granted, my face isnít great *tears*, but I want my body to look defined.

Thanks for reading,
SadCubicleHead

:( I know there are others more qualified to give specific training and diet advice, and I'm kind of sleepy, but here is the advice I have for you:
Cheer up man! Pitt Shmitt...who cares? Have some pride, no matter what u look like. Work out, eat food, feel good, have fun. Get outta the cubicle. :thumbup:

Tryska
08-31-2001, 06:06 PM
what sun said is good.....as far as your diet...you start out strong in the morning...but you fall off as the day goes on.....

definitely need to eat more. and that will take some planning. i live in the cube farm too, so if you want some tupperware tips, i'll be happy to help!

SadCubicleHead
09-01-2001, 12:04 AM
Try to eat more frequently, every 2 hours or so with a portion of carbs/protein and fat.

What do you mean, when you write Ďeat a portion of fatí?

2 Tbsp. Natural Peanut Butter (1 tbsp. each half of bagel.)

Is peanut butter ok to eat? I thought it was very high in fat?

i live in the cube farm too

I liked how you said you had a Ďpollí in your cubicle. That was damn funny!

Thanks,
SadCubicleHead

Jane
09-01-2001, 09:39 AM
Peanut butter? Ok to eat?! Of course! Yes it is high in fat, but that's the whole point! With all the fatfree sugared stuff out there it is easy to think that fat is the enemy of all. But a balanced diet must have, at least, something like 20% of cals coming from fat. Some people have it around 30%, some even higher. Fat is essential for a huge variety of bodily functions and various hormone production as well as the absorption of fat soluble vitamins. The key is to get the right kinds of fat. The best kinds are found in NATURAL peanut butter, salmon, fish, olive oil, canola oil, flax oil, nuts, etc. Fats also slow down the digestion of your meals; you want to try and make sure you have a good ratio of protein/carbs/fat at each meal. Peanut butter is great because it is convinient, yummy, CALORICALLY DENSE (you want to gain weight, right?), and smells good. :) Make sure you get the natural kind though (two ingridients: peanuts, and maybe salt): that means it is not solid at room temperature and the oils separate so you have to mix it around with a knife before you spread it. The other kind is evil because it has been hydrogenated to make sure the oils don't separate and it is chock full of transfatty acids, the fat that is just as bad, if not worse, than saturated fat. And the idiots dont even put that stuff on the label. So watch out. Go with "natural".

Tryska
09-01-2001, 10:49 AM
*lol* i do have a pole in my cube..it takes up like have the space..

anyways....fats are good.....they are vital to your pbody and too hormone (testosterone) production.

a portion of fat would be like 1tbsp of peanut butter, or 3 bacon strips. or 1 tbsp of cream cheese, or something along those lines.