PDA

View Full Version : is hunger a sign to eat?

mikey4402
08-31-2003, 09:18 PM
this my be a stupid question, but im sure someone else was wondering this...

ok, i hear you should drink water before you get thirsty becouse when you feel thirsty that means you have already started to dehydrate. but when you feel hungrey is that a sign that you should eat, or your "late" eatting or something like that. cuz i been feeling hungrey alot latly. should i eat every time? do i need more food now for some reason? i dont think my hunger is triggered by anything. i can be doing my math homework and feal hungrey. so is hunger always a sign that you should eat

Manveet
08-31-2003, 10:17 PM
If you are hungry, then eat. Unless of course you are cutting.

bradley
09-01-2003, 03:21 AM
Some individuals are better at listening to their bodies than others, and in most cases people eat just because it is time to eat or out of boredom, etc.

If you are cutting, then I would recommend setting up a diet, and eat according to a schedule. When cutting you are inevitably going to get hungry at some point in time, but then again you should not be starving yourself.

Another thing you might consider doing is looking at your diet and food choices and see if that might be one of the reasons for the hunger. Higher GI carbs will have less of an affect on appetite control as opposed to low GI carbs or fat.

If you are trying to increase your weight then just eat something.:)

Trent_Steel
09-01-2003, 04:59 AM
If you eat 6 meals a day you rarely get chance to be hungry

geoffgarcia
09-05-2003, 12:42 AM
try drinking a glass of water, if the hunger goes away then you weren't hungry to start with

AndresC
09-05-2003, 02:30 AM
if i'm hungry and I drink some water I feel like i'm going to vomit.

hemants
09-05-2003, 07:07 AM
Hunger is usually a sign of hunger (ie. need to eat).

However during a meal you may STILL feel hungry because

1. it takes time for the full signal to reach your brain
2. your meal may lack fat and therefore satiety
3. you may be thirsty and confuse this with hunger

geoffgarcia
09-05-2003, 10:26 AM
AndresC, if you feel that way then you've let the hunger feeling stick around for to long, you have to nip it in the butt at the first feeling of it, before it makes you sick to drink.

AllUp
09-05-2003, 10:33 AM
lol, even if your not hungry eat anything. When I'm hungry but it isn't mealtime I usually grab a hand-full of kashi, total or wheaties cereal.

LAM
09-06-2003, 10:35 AM
dehydration can cause a feeling of false hunger.

SoulOfKoRea
09-06-2003, 11:31 AM
so would hunger be a sign that you're catabolizing? like thirst is a sign you're already in dehydration?

LAM
09-06-2003, 11:36 AM
if you are thirsty you are already dehydrated.

hunger doesn't necessaritly mean you are catabolic. there are numereous reasons why you could "feel" hungry.

IMO..if you watch your diet close enough you should be able to tell if you are actually hungry or not by your caloric intake. if you eat a 600 calorie meal and feel hungry an hour later, it's obvious that you really don't need to eat again..

eatdirt40
09-07-2003, 07:10 PM
when your hungry just eat... but i try to seperate all my meals 2-3 hours in between

FLY
09-08-2003, 06:48 AM
We need to distinguish the difference between hunger and appetite.

Appetite is mental. Hunger is physiological.

So basically if your stomach is growling you need to eat something.

But if you smell a big juicy burger and feel the need to eat it, you are most likely experiencing your appetite.

Makaveli_786
09-08-2003, 07:18 AM
Interesting question... my opinion is you should stick to the 5-6 meals a day and NOT eat when your hungry.. when time comes for the meal youll eat a house because youve just waited all that time.... LOL i feel hungry like an hour before my second meal but I let the hunger set in and then eat at meal time.. if my muscles start hurting from the hunger then i grab a protein shake or protein bar to keep me going.

MUSCLES HURTING=A VERY BAD SIGN!!!(in the right situation of course)