08-31-2003, 09:34 PM
I've been giving 5x5 a shot, with this schedule:

Day 1- Chest, calves, neck, wrists
Day 2- Back, shoulders
Days 3&4- off
Day 5 Arms
Day 6 Legs
Day 7 Rest

Now I want to get rid of my gut, so I'm gonna start doing cardio. I was thinking 2 35-40 min sessions. I thought it'd be better to space them out, so I was gonna do it on days 3 & 7 but wasn't sure it was a good idea to do cardio day after legs. Input?

Dedicated
09-01-2003, 03:38 AM
Originally posted by Madd Hatter

Now I want to get rid of my gut, so I'm gonna start doing cardio. I was thinking 2 35-40 min sessions. I thought it'd be better to space them out, so I was gonna do it on days 3 & 7 but wasn't sure it was a good idea to do cardio day after legs. Input?
Cardio after leg day isn't that bad, it might be a little uncomfortable at first but after the blood gets going the soreness fades away. 1 week is plenty of time for the legs to recover I think so I would do it, and I "usually" do depends on how I feel. What kind of cardio will you be doing? If you are going to be jogging/running start with less than 35 min.

Also for losing the gut diet is essential. Cut your calories without starving yourself and the gut will come off, it has no choice but to. Goodluck.