PDA

View Full Version : Advice on quick mini-cut

furious
08-31-2003, 11:31 PM
Alright, I am in the middle of a massive bulk, yet I have a swimwear and magazine editorial shoot coming up in mid September. I plan to do a "minicut" of a week or two to get as ripped as possible for this upcoming opportunity. Can anyone offer me any advice as far as the amount of calories I should take in, or an increase in cardio to shed as much water weight as possible? I am including some specific info on my situation to help facilitate your advice. Please note, I plan to return to bulking after the shoot.

Height: 5'9
Weight: 144lbs

Current Cardio: 20 minutes a day running 7.8 mph pace/ 300 calorie burned

JuniorMint6669
09-01-2003, 12:06 AM
Water weight lost by cardio will be gained back as soon as you drink water. Not a lot of fat can be lost in only two weeks time. What I would recommend (though ive never tried myself) is look into bodybuilders pre competition nutrition. Stuff like carb depleting/loading to make muscles appear fuller, and sodium manipulation to reduce water weight. I dont have any links off the top of my head, but im sure you can google to find something. And this is assuming you are pretty lean to begin with, which i assume you are if your doing a swimwear photo shoot ;)