PDA

View Full Version : diet coke

Trent_Steel
09-02-2003, 08:52 AM
I have been eatting real healthy for the last couple of months. I havent had any suger, alcohol etc. The thing is I think my taste buds have adapted to this diet. As a rare treat I had a diet coke, it was so sweet I wanted to be sick.

Am I the only one or is this common?

JuniorMint6669
09-02-2003, 09:12 AM
I drink diet coke quite often, so I dont think its too sweet. But one of my co-workers (noticing i drink so much) said that diet coke was waaaaaaaaaay to sweet and she'll stick to regular coke. But now, regular coke tastes way to sweet for me.

jds22
09-02-2003, 09:19 AM
I have been told by numerous people that after you drink diet soda for a while if you have a regular soda it will be too sweet. THEY'RE FULL OF CRAP. No matter how long I drink diet, give me a full power Pepsi any day. :D

Jerry

raniali
09-02-2003, 11:09 AM
diet coke is addicting
it's the greatest marketing scam ever

Stephen Riddington
09-02-2003, 11:45 AM
I have a huge weakness for Pepsi, they're damn addictive. At work, I'll sometime find myself having a half a small glass of rootbeer or iced tea, whatever I'm feeling like drinking. The amount usually equals about a shotglass. But one problem, the restuarant sells only Coke products. :( That's a good thing since I won't be drinking their crap every shift. Only beverage I drink at work is ice cold water.

Ironman8
09-02-2003, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by Trent_Steel
As a rare treat I had a diet coke, it was so sweet I wanted to be sick.

Am I the only one or is this common?

Do you have high blood pressure? My mom does, and when I offered her diet coke, she said the sugar substitutes gives her headaches.

Dedicated
09-02-2003, 09:14 PM
I completely eliminated soda from my diet, I have absolutely no desire to drink one either. It happened cause I quit smoking, the cigarrete and soda went to together in a way, so when I quit smoking the urge for the soda kind of died out. It's weird I know but I haven't had soda in months because of it hehe. I get urges for milk, tons of milk!:D

Trent_Steel
09-03-2003, 04:19 AM
Originally posted by Ironman8

Do you have high blood pressure? My mom does, and when I offered her diet coke, she said the sugar substitutes gives her headaches.

Well I dont drink, I eat healthy and I do lots of cardio, plus Im only 24, if I have high blood pressure I would be very unlucky.

I think it was just that I wasnt use to sweetness so it tasted like it had about 12 spoons of suger in it.

IceRgrrl
09-03-2003, 05:55 AM
Diet Coke is good. Drink it if you like it...if not, please pass it my way :D

papaoso2k1
09-03-2003, 08:50 AM
Dammit Im 19 years old...I dont smoke, I dont drink, i dont do drugs, I dont eat fast food....Im passing on so many things all my friends do..... Im not going to worry about freaking diet coke....Keep em coming

Stephen Riddington
09-03-2003, 10:55 AM
Come on... try it... it's healthy for you...

*waves a can of diet coke in front of you*

Allie
09-03-2003, 10:55 AM
AMEN!

I can't say the same, but we all have vices

Gymgurl37
09-04-2003, 03:38 PM
I'm the same way....if I cut out all sugar I find it to be almost to sweet. But I have to say diet pepsi is my main vice when dieting....CHEERS:alcoholic

Alex.V
09-04-2003, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by jds22
I have been told by numerous people that after you drink diet soda for a while if you have a regular soda it will be too sweet. THEY'RE FULL OF CRAP. No matter how long I drink diet, give me a full power Pepsi any day. :D

Jerry

ack. Regular soda tastes almost brackish to me now.

Ritzol
09-04-2003, 06:16 PM
Artificial sugars breakdown into phermeldahyde in the body, so eventually you will slowly pickle your brain.

noraa
09-05-2003, 01:18 AM
If you cannot spell Formaldehyde how do you know what it will do?

Trent_Steel
09-05-2003, 03:29 AM
Im not going to pickle my brain, next time Im going for that caffeine fix, its going to be black coffee for me. The sad fact is at the moment with my "new" healthy lifestyle caffeine is my only vice :(

Stephen Riddington
09-05-2003, 11:39 AM
My pop quit drinking diet soda pop immediately after find out that. That was like five years ago. I never touch diet pop anymore since then.

Alex.V
09-05-2003, 11:42 AM
Potatos and peanuts contain aflatoxin. What's your point?

Drink Diet Coke. Because, honestly, you're far more likely to die from all this worrying than you are from trace amounts of formaldehyde.

Bruise Brubaker
09-05-2003, 03:16 PM
I haven't drank soda for a very long time and the last time I tried, I didn't like the taste.

I don't understand why so many people likes it, milk or juices taste so much better.

SoulOfKoRea
09-05-2003, 04:11 PM
i don't really notice... but then again, a dex/malto shake is wayyyy sweeter than any coke i've ever had

RoidRage
09-05-2003, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by Belial
Potatos and peanuts contain aflatoxin. What's your point?

Drink Diet Coke. Because, honestly, you're far more likely to die from all this worrying than you are from trace amounts of formaldehyde.

A voice of reason amidst. . .well i'll stop there. Amen Belial. BTW do you use FreeBSD Belial?

Majestic
09-06-2003, 07:23 PM
In all honesty, Pepsi One, when consumed from an ice-cold can, is the bomb. Not from a 2 litre bottle, not from a fountain, but from a damn cold CAN!

It's what Diet Coke *WISHES* it could taste like. In fact, it was formulated to out-Diet Coke "Diet Coke".

And it does.

Diet Coke tastes like crushed a**hole. :rolleyes:

Makaveli_786
09-08-2003, 07:35 AM
I was addicted to Coca Cola at once and dman you wouldnt believe how good it felt when i got off that crap.... Ive been on a neo-nazi diet for months now and everything has started to change.... I hate the taste of sweet food. Your not alone but this is a good thing cos this way i wont want to eat unhealthy foods.