PDA

View Full Version : recommendations for a poor man

snow
09-02-2003, 12:25 PM
i just moved out, and i'm poor. i've lost a few pounds since i've moved out, since i can't really bulk like i did at home. :( any suggestions on cheap stuff i can continue to buy, so i can bulk, but put on some lean mass??? hmm?!?!?!?!?

hemants
09-02-2003, 12:29 PM
rice and canned beans
cans of tuna
peanut butter
water!

mikey4402
09-02-2003, 12:35 PM
buy tuna and lots of it, tuna on toast , tuna with chilli pepper, tuna with anything. another thing i eat are natty PB sandwiches i eat them like crazy,put a banana on there to change it up. cearal is a great bulking food lol. just get total or something like that. get a gorge forman and buy some chicken cook a little more then you can eat and save it heat it up in the micro for lunch the next day or something. just some ideas

Dr X
09-02-2003, 01:00 PM
Added to the good suggestions above:

Milk and Eggs, lots of eggs with that tuna

snow
09-02-2003, 01:45 PM
keep 'em comin' :)

Anthony
09-02-2003, 05:38 PM
Crockpot.
Cheap cuts of beef (they'll come out nice and tender in the crockpot).
Potatoes.

SquareHead
09-02-2003, 05:48 PM
Sams Cost co one of those. Chicken Vegies, Fish, Milk and a job. Or work in food service. Eat on the job and steal from them.

raniali
09-02-2003, 05:55 PM
crockpot $20
best investment for cooking ever

u can even buy family size portions of meat or whole fryer chickens and they will cook wonderfully well

rice, potatoes, beans are all cheap and quality foods

Dr X
09-02-2003, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by raniali
crockpot $20
best investment for cooking ever

u can even buy family size portions of meat or whole fryer chickens and they will cook wonderfully well

rice, potatoes, beans are all cheap and quality foods

The Crock pot is the greatest investment for bodybuilding since the barbell.

Brown round steak
Can of french onion soup (or other for flavor)
Cook slow for the day
A couple hours out, throw in some potatoes, onions, carrots and other vegtables and cook until tender.

Fix enough for a few days and you have a great meal pre made to just heat up. Good for all the nutrients needed and cheap meals.

Dedicated
09-02-2003, 09:11 PM
If you eat alot of bread don't buy it at the supermarket, go to one of those discount bread stores if there is one in your area it's usually super cheap. Chicken is also a very low priced meat to eat besides tuna.

APE.
09-03-2003, 11:49 AM
Oatmeal; you can usually buy it in a canister for $3.50 and theres 32 servings in it.Thats less than 20 cents a serving.

Trent_Steel
09-03-2003, 12:03 PM
skimmed milk is a great source of cheap protein!

Gymgurl37
09-03-2003, 02:41 PM
If you have a chance...swing by garage sales and look for crock pots, George Foreman grills, and cook books. Also check out the stores in other neighborhoods. We have some like Save alot and Aldi's that cater to a lower income budget and you can get some good deals on meat and veggies.

snow
09-03-2003, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by SquareHead
Sams Cost co one of those. Chicken Vegies, Fish, Milk and a job. Or work in food service. Eat on the job and steal from them.

LOL! I actually work for the school as a kitchen assistant, and whatever food is left over, I eat. It's not really good for me though. :(

'Preciate the ideas people.