PDA

View Full Version : I been sick for two days and the only thing I've

Mic Soloist
09-02-2003, 04:15 PM
Been able to eat is a little cereal and a couple Peanut Butter & J sandwiches. I've taken in hardly any protein and hardly any calories in general for two days. I have a high fever and nothing sounds good at all. Am I gonna lose tons of muscle?

What can I do?

Khar
09-02-2003, 04:40 PM
You probably won't lose much in just a few days, but if you kept it up for a few weeks then you would start to lose a generous amount of muscle. I read somewhere...I can't remember where that said you won't lose much muscle mass in the first month after stopping weight lifting. I don't know if that holds true on a severe caloric deficit though.

Ebu
09-02-2003, 10:53 PM
I have always understood that after a week 1/2 - 2 weeks of not training muscle, it begins to deteriorate.

bradley
09-03-2003, 02:47 AM
Originally posted by Mic Soloist
Been able to eat is a little cereal and a couple Peanut Butter & J sandwiches. I've taken in hardly any protein and hardly any calories in general for two days. I have a high fever and nothing sounds good at all. Am I gonna lose tons of muscle?

What can I do?

I doubt you are going to lose a significant amount of muscle in two days, although if you hopped on the scale you might be surprosed. Usually when you get sick you get dehydrated and I would also suspect that you are somewhat glycogen depleted, so don't be surprised if you weigh yourself and you are a few pounds lighter.

Just try and take in what calories you can, and try and stay hydrated. Hope you get to feeling better.:)

Mic Soloist
09-03-2003, 02:08 PM
its the third day and I'm gonna make an attempt to eat decent today. Though I haven't worked out since Sunday and I won't feel like it till Friday I would assume. But if I can get my diet in order I'll at least be on the right path. The thought of Tuna or protein shakes sounds pretty gross but I'll do what I can.

-mic-

Makaveli_786
09-08-2003, 07:24 AM
If it goes on try taking some L-Glutamine... This will help your immune system making whatever you have go away faster and also help the muscles by providing them with glycogen and other nutrients.. I doubt it youll lose any significant muscle in a few days... or even upto a month but try to keep calorie intake high or you might be surprised(thats a bad surprise).

bradley
09-08-2003, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by Makaveli_786
If it goes on try taking some L-Glutamine... This will help your immune system making whatever you have go away faster and also help the muscles by providing them with glycogen and other nutrients.. I doubt it youll lose any significant muscle in a few days... or even upto a month but try to keep calorie intake high or you might be surprised(thats a bad surprise).

Do you have any relevant studies showing glutamine aiding in muscle glycogen storage, and at what dosages? Thanks in advance.:)

Bigmofo
09-09-2003, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Makaveli_786

that some solid good advice man!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

drew
09-09-2003, 12:48 PM
I recently took 2 weeks off just to give myself an extended rest. Knees and shoulders and back were all feeling pretty tired, and I was just sick of training. I'm just coming back and I've had no problems with the same weights (and even increasing weights) from 2 weeks ago.

Woz
09-09-2003, 03:54 PM
If your body is not asking for food then it may be better not to give it any. When the body is trying to e get rid of something like a fever it does not need the extra work of digesting food. A few weeks ago I had a klebsiella bacteria infection. It was horrible. It made me feel like I had no energy all day every day. Eventualy I went right off my food. I had been forcing myself to eat because I thought I needed the energy from the food. I decided to listen to my body and stop eating. As soon as I stopped eating I actualy started feeling better. I didn't eat again for two days until I was hungry and craving food. I went for some tests and was told the klebsiella was virtualy gone. Start back on easily digested food like bananas or other fruit when you feel ready to eat. Don't force it. I never lost any muscle during that time. (I monitored on Tanita body fat scales)

Makaveli_786
09-18-2003, 11:42 AM
LOL there are hundreds of studies on GLutamine bradley... gimme some time ill get you a link.