PDA

View Full Version : Which of these for pre-cardio meal?

Madd Hatter
09-03-2003, 11:47 AM
Before anyone jumps on me, I did do a search, and man was there a lot, with no concrete conclusions other than morning cardio on an empty stomach probably isn't a good idea. Which of these do you think would be best to eat before a 35-40 min cardio session and how long should I wait inbetween?

A. 2 scoops Optimum in water
B. 2 scoops NLarge in water
C. 1/2 cup oats + 1 scoop Optimum
D. 3 eggs
E. 2 slices of WW toast w/ Nat. PB

Also, I'm planning on having C&E 40 minutes post, is this good?

Relentless
09-04-2003, 07:48 AM
if you're running for aerobic fitness, I'd eat toast & PB and plan to run longer
if you're running to get lean, I'd eat the eggs and plan to run for no more than 25-30 mins

Just my opinion though; this is what has worked for me.

bradley
09-04-2003, 01:47 PM
I would keep fat intake to a minimum, so as not to slow the digestion of the meal. I would just take in a small amount of carbs and protein ~30 minutes before training, but just be careful not to consume too many cals because this could lead to stomach problems during your cardio session.

I would go with B since it contains carbs and protein, but don't necessarily think you need 300 cals before a cardio session. A few grams of protein and a small amount of carbs should be sufficient.

eatdirt40
09-07-2003, 07:27 PM
i agree with bradley

bigboy_85616
09-30-2003, 11:16 PM
if you are trying to cut fat then I suggest option #1 because the whole idea is to use fat stores for energy instead of carbs.... therefore the quick digesting protein will make you feel less exerted after the workout is finished.

The C & E is good after....also add B-complex.

bradley
10-01-2003, 02:38 AM
Originally posted by bigboy_85616
if you are trying to cut fat then I suggest option #1 because the whole idea is to use fat stores for energy instead of carbs.... therefore the quick digesting protein will make you feel less exerted after the workout is finished.

The C & E is good after....also add B-complex.

Since whey is digested/absorbed so quickly, some will be converted to carbs (glucose), via gluconeogenesis.