PDA

View Full Version : Beef Jerky - Anyone order online

fierce
09-03-2003, 02:24 PM
There are so many places to order from, I dont know where to try..

Has anyone here ordered beef jerky online, if so where? How was it compaired to the commercial stuff in local stores?

manowar669
09-03-2003, 04:54 PM
As far as I know, all commercially made jerky is loaded with salt, as well as stabilizers, triglycerides (some), nitrates, and god knows what else. Make your own. Buy a dehydrator. I do it all the time, and you save a bundle. You can control the salt, or even make custom flavors. I hunt, so I use venison (deer meat) which is leaner than most beef. If there is an online source for low-salt, stabilizer-free jerky, please, someone chime in.

Berserker
09-03-2003, 05:51 PM
If you want cheap easy jerky get a jerky shooter. Basically a cocking gun that you burger in. Not quite as good but I can 3 lbs ready in 15 minutes.

SecretAsianMan
09-24-2003, 08:37 PM
Is beef jerky really that bad for you? I eat a crapload of it all the time. It's a really convienent snack at school.

SquareHead
09-24-2003, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by Berserker
If you want cheap easy jerky get a jerky shooter. Basically a cocking gun that you burger in. Not quite as good but I can 3 lbs ready in 15 minutes.

I am very confused by this. What are you talking about? What is burgering in? Not being an ass I am seriously curious what it is.

bradley
09-25-2003, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by SecretAsianMan
Is beef jerky really that bad for you? I eat a crapload of it all the time. It's a really convienent snack at school.

Beef jerky is fine, as long as you are referring to actual beef jerky and not something like a Slim-Jim. Beef jerky is high in protein and low in fat, but it does contain a fair amount of sodium.

SecretAsianMan
09-25-2003, 07:14 AM
Yeah, I buy the real kind, not the mushed together mystery meat kind.

Do I really have to worry about sodium that much? It's just water retention and high blood pressure(Wtf, I'm 16 hah) right?

bradley
09-25-2003, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by SecretAsianMan
Do I really have to worry about sodium that much? It's just water retention and high blood pressure(Wtf, I'm 16 hah) right?

I do not think it should be concern, unless directed otherwise by your doctor.

Saint Patrick
09-30-2003, 01:16 PM
I think beef jerky is expensive enough without paying for shipping.

Stray
09-30-2003, 01:34 PM
I order Oberto's beef jerkey online due to the fact it isn't sold around where I live.

The Teriyaki flavor is the best but it's kinda pricey.

If I could I'd just make my own.....

*adds dehydrator to christmas list*