PDA

View Full Version : I wanna know what you guys think of this routine

HahnB
09-03-2003, 10:36 PM
I have tried this routine once, and I am curious as to what some more experienced powerlifters think of this routine. I just started it again about 3 weeks ago. I realize I sould gauge it's worth on my success, but I'm more curious about if anyone thinks there's a better way to increase my bench.

http://www.musclemedia.com/training.../benchintro.asp

Right now I'm doing a modified version of this, the only thing I'm working twice a week is my chest. The regular routine has everything worked twice a week.

My routine is

Day 1: chest

2 rest

Day 3: Back/bi

4rest

Day 5: chest/shlds/tris

Day 6: legs
7rest

I took out lat pulldowns because I already do weighted chins on back day.
Anyways, what do you guys think of this particular routine, and is there a more efficient way to increase my bench.

Xand
09-03-2003, 11:11 PM
It seems o.k but what exercises are you doing on Day 1 and Day 3?

HahnB
09-04-2003, 12:16 AM
Day 1 is the first chest day, it consists of the required sets of flat bench for the program, then 3 sets of flat db, and 3 sets of dips.

My back/bi day consists of these exersises:

3 sets of weighted chins

3 sets of bb rows

3 sets of shrugs

2 sets of bb curls

2 sets of hammer curls

3 sets of deadlifts

unshift
09-04-2003, 06:39 AM
you're powerlifting, but have half a day for biceps and only one for legs? i think you should be focusing on making your routine around the deadlift, squat, and bench (and their assistance lifts) instead of by body part... so, for example, you'll be doing lats on bench day.

and i would think its tough to lift 4 days a week if you're lifting as hard as you should be, unless you can devote lots of extra time to sleeping and eating and such

HahnB
09-04-2003, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by unshift
you're powerlifting, but have half a day for biceps and only one for legs? i think you should be focusing on making your routine around the deadlift, squat, and bench (and their assistance lifts) instead of by body part... so, for example, you'll be doing lats on bench day.

and i would think its tough to lift 4 days a week if you're lifting as hard as you should be, unless you can devote lots of extra time to sleeping and eating and such

This routine is designed to incease my bench, not my squat and deadlift. Although I plan on progessing on those lifts as well, it is focused on my bench. I wouldnt consider it "powerlifting". I'm simply trying to focus on a mass building routine while increasing my bench.