PDA

View Full Version : For all of the serious dieters..

Chris Rodgers
09-01-2001, 03:11 PM
I'm talkin those of you who stick to your diet, whether bulking or cutting, and don't fall off the wagon. How the fuk do you do it?? Do you have social lives?? I realize a big part of it is preparing ahead of time and all that, but I mean things come up. Do you not go out if a friend calls you up?? Do you have friends? *looks at Cack*

I just find it very hard to stick to it day in and day out. Guess this was just my lil rant cause my diet ahs been so poor for a while. I need some tips to help me stick with it.*Looks at Sun, thanks for your diet advice you never gave me* :D

Big Show
09-01-2001, 03:28 PM
It's actually not that hard. You just have to weigh the pros & cons
of sticking to your diet. And you can socialize but if your friends are truly your friends they will acknowledge and accept the fact that you are training hard and have a diet that you must stick to. You can also work your social around your diet

Lets say you and some friends want to go to a restaurant schedule the restaurant around the time you usually eat dinner and know what to order. If you and some friends want to go to a movie and you just had a workout instead of buying nachos, soda and popcorn just buy a bottle of water and before going to the theater go to a local health store and buy a Lean Body bar.
See its not hard it just takes practice and discipline

Chris Rodgers
09-01-2001, 03:33 PM
What's this discipline you speak of?? Does Muscletech make that?? :p

Nights
09-01-2001, 03:39 PM
Buy a little shock collar.. you know the kind they use to train dogs every now and then? Anyways, get someone else to follow you around all day and whenever you reach for food you shouldn't be, shock you. I might want to mention that you should really trust the person your handing the remote too.

B.

Sun
09-01-2001, 03:42 PM
Discipline-Tech - I lost 25 lbs of not so lean mass in 6 weeks!

Chris Rodgers
09-01-2001, 03:45 PM
Haha, not a bad idea Nights.

Jane
09-01-2001, 10:52 PM
I don't know if this will help you at all, but here's a thought. Let's say you're going out and you're about to "fall off the wagon." But if you stop for a second and think about what you're about to do: and realize that midway through the "falling" you are going to stop enjoing yourself because you will start remembering all sorts of guilt-inducing stuff like what sh** you are putting into your body and how you're taking a step backwards and whatever else, but basically, if you don't enjoy it since your mind brings you back to your goals and training, why even buy the stuff in the first place? Better to pass and be proud of yourself.

Or pass and be miserable, but hey, at least you'll be built and miserable.

Chris Rodgers
09-01-2001, 11:28 PM
Good point Jane.

Mah ***** Yaz/Sun gave me some good diet tips for easy and quick to prepare meals I can eat anytime. They will help out nicely. Thanks

Alex.V
09-01-2001, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by LATMAN

Mah ***** Yaz/Sun gave me some good diet tips for easy and quick to prepare meals I can eat anytime. They will help out nicely. Thanks

Meal 1: 6 mg anavar, 20mg DNP, 1 biscuit.
Meal 2: same as meal 1
Meal 3: same as meal 2
Meal 4: same as meal 3
Meal 5: same as meal 4
Meal 6: same as meal 5

Just yankin' yer chain, biscuit.....er...Yaz. ;)

Pup
09-02-2001, 09:53 AM
*fears for belial's life*

Tryska
09-02-2001, 10:04 AM
latty - one does what one has to do.....like you know...planning ahead goes a long way in helping with the social situtations. Plus, also deciding..okay..i'm going here, and i am going to eat this, and then budgeting that into your day, works....that way you can do the stuff you like, and not damage your diet much. Also, when a craving hits really bad, sometimes it's best to give in kinda. (ie - you crave pizza - so let your self have a slice) That way you don't lose your mind and binge, because you were denying yourself.

Sun
09-02-2001, 11:25 AM
Why take Anavar with DNP? DNP is anti-proteolytic.

*Whacks Belial in the knee with a bat*

Alex.V
09-02-2001, 12:12 PM
To increase, or at least, maintain strength levels.

*holds knee in agony*

Cackerot69
09-02-2001, 01:48 PM
lmao at Belial, a biscuit...haha

littleman69
09-02-2001, 02:04 PM
when i cut all my friends get pissed at me and theyre like **** that man just come out and drink etc.
they are all skinny and don't understand my motivation. one drunken nights binge sure as hell aint worth staying behind on your goals !

*whacks belial in the knee again with the bat*

Chris Rodgers
09-02-2001, 06:59 PM
What do you do when you have friends who are big and some who are big and cut who drink regularly and eat crap??

That's when it sux!

Nights
09-02-2001, 07:10 PM
I'd say label them as freaks of nature, and continue eating right.
B.

Jane
09-02-2001, 09:12 PM
Ha! I have the same exact type problem, only kind of opposite, if that makes any sense. Do you know how much it sucks to be surrounded by a group of girlfriends who all eat whatever the hell they want and remain thin and fit no matter what? In this f***ing society, where women are expected to live up to these impossible ideals, having friends like that can finish off your day if you're not in a good mood to begin with. It played with my head for a while. I've gotten past it though, and basically made a conscious decision to stop comparing myself to other people, real or televised, and to stop caring so damn much about the stuff that doesn't really matter. I'm happy to say that once I got to that higher level of self-acceptance my friendships, family relationships, self esteem, etc etc etc have gotten that much better. And I'm a much happier person now, in general.

Everyone else has their own life, with their own probs and goals and dreams and whatever. You never really know what's going on with other people. Have fun living your life, however you choose to do that.

Maki Riddington
09-02-2001, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by LATMAN
I'm talkin those of you who stick to your diet, whether bulking or cutting, and don't fall off the wagon. How the fuk do you do it?? Do you have social lives?? I realize a big part of it is preparing ahead of time and all that, but I mean things come up. Do you not go out if a friend calls you up?? Do you have friends? *looks at Cack*

*** I just stay home. If my boyz are coming into town then I'll let one day slide. Other than that I make my meals the night before, plan them out and reward myself occasionally.

Now if I were going to compete then I would just isolate myself so I wouldn't be distracted.

Alex.V
09-02-2001, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by littleman69

*whacks belial in the knee again with the bat*

I let sun get away with this because i've known him a while.

but YOU! tuttut tuttut tuttut

;)

Maki Riddington
09-02-2001, 09:42 PM
Degeneration.....

YatesNightBlade
09-03-2001, 02:23 AM
Latty ........... You've gotta want it.

Chris Rodgers
09-03-2001, 11:32 AM
Want what??

I got laid last night, I wanted that. ;)

Pup
09-03-2001, 11:36 AM
Yates is right...you gotta have the desire, discipline is learned, and dedication takes practice.

IceRgrrl
09-03-2001, 12:00 PM
Dieting is hard, even under the best circumstances. The discipline pays off though, and if your friends are good friends, they should understand that you're working toward a goal. If you don't want to drink when you go out, just order something else and if someone gives you crap about it, just shrug it off and say you don't feel like drinking tonight. Or volunteer to be the designated driver.

Jane, I hear you but don't pay too much attention to what your friends eat or don't eat...who knows what their eating habits are when they're alone. A lot of girls pick at food when with friends and then pig out at home OR pig out with friends to make it look like they can eat with no worries and then spend the next two days eating lettuce.

vpy
09-03-2001, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by IceRgrrl
Jane, I hear you but don't pay too much attention to what your friends eat or don't eat...who knows what their eating habits are when they're alone. A lot of girls pick at food when with friends and then pig out at home OR pig out with friends to make it look like they can eat with no worries and then spend the next two days eating lettuce.

:nod:

I have so many female friends that decide to just starve themselves whenever they feel like it. They have no qualms eating that super chocolate mud pie at the restaurant though... I just want to go and throttle them. I somehow can't convince them to eat healthy as opposed to haphazard dieting and wonder-pills like "green tea extract pills" - guaranteed to shed 20 lbs in 2 weeks while you sit on your butt watching TV! :bash:

oh, and a coworker recently showed me his newly bought electrical-pad thingees that stimulate the muscle so you can "work-out" while sitting on the couch :rolleyes: The Great American dream: that perfect body with no effort.... wait wait.. last rant... my old coworker once asked me "How can I get a good cardiovascular workout to burn calories without raising my heart rate or sweating?" :rolleyes:

El Kelio
09-09-2001, 12:47 PM
Agree with Big Show & Jane.
Your true friends would support your decisions. Do you have a dream ? Follow it, and you would never fall off the wagon.
Believe in yourself.

Keep pumping ! ;)