PDA

View Full Version : Help please...

Kloonie
09-08-2003, 08:02 AM
I'm only 135lbs at age 17 and about 5"9. I'm fairly ripped, but I'd like to be more ripped. So I want to know if its possible for me to gain like 30-40lbs then go on a diet and cut. I don't want to lose any of the weight I've gained, maybe a pound or two trying to cut, but I was wondering if that was possible, to gain weight, then keep it maintained while on a diet cutting?

bradley
09-08-2003, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by Kloonie
I'm only 135lbs at age 17 and about 5"9. I'm fairly ripped, but I'd like to be more ripped. So I want to know if its possible for me to gain like 30-40lbs then go on a diet and cut. I don't want to lose any of the weight I've gained, maybe a pound or two trying to cut, but I was wondering if that was possible, to gain weight, then keep it maintained while on a diet cutting?

Whenever you are trying to increase LBM you should expect to gain some bf, but concentrating on gaining a small amount of weight each week should help minimize fat gain.

On the other hand you should expect to lose a little LBM when you diet, but implementing a good diet and losing a small amount each week will help minimize LBM losses.