PDA

View Full Version : Stronger while cutting?

big
09-02-2001, 05:49 AM
Just curious, are you able to increase weight on your exercises when you are cutting. Do you get weaker/stay the same?

And for how long do you usually stay on the diet? Im trying to lose 3-5% bf. Im thinking it will take 1-1 months, going from 15-10.

MWB
09-02-2001, 09:33 AM
I've been dieting down for a little while now and have been getting stronger. I'm doing a lower volume routine that chris mason gave me. You won't really add too much muscle while dieting, but yes you can get stronger.

Spiderman
09-02-2001, 09:35 AM
First of all, I dieted for 6.5 weeks this summer. And I could only lift 2 days a week. I'd do a high protein/low carb/low-moderate fat 6 days a week and do 40 minutes cardio daily. Then one day a week (saturday) I"d rest and eat a bunch of carbs. Then on sunday and monday I'd divide my body in half and lift. I guess I'm tellin you this b/c its really hard to maintain strength and energy on lower calories when dieting. This being said I don't think its possible at all (naturally that is) to increase in weights or strength while dieting.

As for losing 3-5% in 4-6 weeks, well.... 4 weeks would be really, REALLY tough to lose that much IMO. Unless you're using clen/t3/test propionate then I don't think you'll be able to do it that fast. But everyone is different and it also depends on how strict you are on your diet. Hope this helps ya out some. ;)

09-02-2001, 10:28 AM
I've been dieting for 4 weeks and have gained between 10-15% on EVERY lift. I think the key is gradual calorie reduction. I started at 3200 and have been dropping it by 200 every week and it is working great. I'm now at 2600, and I'm gonna drop by 100s now. I'm gaining as much strength right now as I did while I was bulking. I'm much leaner now and I could swear I've put on some muscle. Weird.

Cackerot69
09-02-2001, 01:47 PM
Yes you can gain strength.

You can't gain a significant amount of muscle.

6 weeks would be a good time period.

littleman69
09-02-2001, 01:57 PM
You will automatically gain strength in weighted dips and chins due to the fact that you are lifting less weight. Its not necessarily a stenght increase, but you will increase your reps.

my strength during cutting is at lesat 1/3 less than that of bulking .