PDA

View Full Version : Need Help With a Cutting Diet

hvilla3000
09-09-2003, 10:53 PM
SOmeone help me with this I'm 16, 5'10" and 139 lbs...please add examples of what to eat or just help me outline basic foods to eat when how often and daily intakes.

bradley
09-10-2003, 02:37 AM
At 5'10 139lbs. I would recommend attempting to gain LBM, especially at your age and current size. Remember if you cut you will more than likely lose some LBM along with the fat, and there is really no point in cutting if you do not have much LBM to start with.

Here are some general guidelines that I have posted in other threads regarding losing bf, but again I think you should consider what I mentioned above.

Welcome to WBB:)

Food choices:
http://www.wannabebigforums.com/sho...ht=grocery+list

Here are some general dieting guidelines that might be of some help:
1) 1 gram of protein per lb. of bodyweight

2) 25-30% of daily calories should come from fat (Essential fatty
acids making up most of this total)

3) Fill in the rest of daily calories with low glycemic index carbs, except postworkout which would ideally include high glycemic index carbs along with a quick digesting protein (whey protein).

4) Drink plenty of water throughout the day, and one gallon would be good starting point.

Listed below are some good sources of each macronutrient. This is just a small list and is by no means all inclusive.

protein sources: eggs, chicken, lean beef, dairy, fish

low GI carbs: oats, sweet potatoes, beans, whole wheat bread, vegetables, fruit

fats: nuts, natural peanut butter, oily fish (such as salmon), fish oil, flax oil, olive oil

To find out how many cals you should be eating each day I would slowly decrease cals in small increments until you are losing the desired amount of weight each week (approximately 1lb per week is a good number IMO). You can use www.fitday.com to help you track calories if you like. Here is an example of what I mean. Say you are eating 3000 cals and maintaining your weight then you would need to decrease cals by a small amount (about 200-300). That would put you at 2700 cals for the week. Keep cals at this level for the week and then weigh yourself at the end of the week and see how much weight you have lost. I woud weigh myself at the same time each week to try and ensure the most accurate measurement.

As far as routines go you might want to check out one of the WBB routines on the main page. The following site has a list of exercise illustrations that might be helpful as well www.exrx.net