PDA

View Full Version : Carbs

seK
09-11-2003, 12:14 PM
I have been doing alot of reading and still can't come to an conclusion on how many carbs I am to be taking in on an average day.
I am cutting and currently weight 200lbs 6'4

bradley
09-11-2003, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by seK
I have been doing alot of reading and still can't come to an conclusion on how many carbs I am to be taking in on an average day.
I am cutting and currently weight 200lbs 6'4

There is no set amount of carbs that you should be taking in, and really all you need to do is take in adequate amounts of protein and essential fatty acids (EFAs). The rest of your daily calories can come from carbs or one of the other macronutrients.

I would recommend taking in carbs around your training, but overall calorie balance is going to be the determining factor as to whether or not you lose/gain weight.

Shankerr
09-11-2003, 01:12 PM
well, between 30 and 1000 or more, depending on your metabolism, activity rate, body fat %, age, etc etc. and what your actual goals are. I however would recommend trying about 250g per day, and then cutting that back as you progress to around 100 pre and post workout. Something I also do is do a type of carb elimination, where during a cut, I'll only eat about 25g a day for three or four days, I find that tends to melt some fat off pretty fast.