PDA

View Full Version : meal suggestions

geoffgarcia
09-12-2003, 12:00 PM
Hey I was wondering if you guys that track your diet have any recommendations for meals. If you don't know the calories, proteins, fats, carbs and exact portions of each then don't bother posting as it won't be helpful to me.

I ask because I make my meals every 4-5 days and just stack up tupperwear in my fridge so I dont have to cook often. Problem is that I have a hard time thinking of different things to put in there!
Not really interested in sauces or taste, and not interested in tuna.

Here are some examples

Cal/fat/protein/carbs
Breakfast
2 cups fake acme egg = 120/5/24/1

Lunch
1 cup Tyson ground turkey breast
1 cup Acme mixed vegetables
.5 cup Uncle B's brown rice
351/3.1/47/35

Dinner
1 cup chicken meat (whole chicken pieces)
1 cup Acme mixed vegetable
.5 cup Uncle B's brown rice
409/11/42/35

Snack
2 slices Wonder Lite Wheat Bread
3 slices Kraft Fat Free American
3 slices turkey cold cuts
407/18/29/35

anyone?

blazini
09-15-2003, 07:07 AM
What are your goals and weight?

geoffgarcia
09-15-2003, 09:24 AM
well my goal is just to eat healthy meals.

I'm not to concerned with bodyfat at this point, and I'm neither cutting nor bulking.
I'm 5'10, 181 at about 8-9% bf, workout 4 days a week doing a similar routine to WBB #1 but will be switching it up next week to do an HST routine for 6 weeks

my daily intake goals are around 2200 calories, 180-230g of protein, 65-80g of fat, and 150-200 in carbs

geoffgarcia
09-15-2003, 11:26 AM
its much easier to track your diet if you eat the same or very similar things day in and day out, obviously there are going to be times when we can't control what we eat, like when we go out to dinner with friends/work/relatives whatever, thats the time when ya mix it up...
I eat the same thing 4-5 days a week. The key is to pick whats more important to you, your diet/fitness or the taste of your food.
My protein shakes taste like a mix between ground cigars, old sweaty sneakers and wet dog....but I'm not into exercising for the taste of the shakes....

Spartacus
09-15-2003, 12:31 PM
there is lots you can eat with good taste. you can make a meal plan and figure out how to make the same 6 meals (i do once per week and then sunday i cheat) and make sure they have the right macros.

so i make burritos, stir frys, pasta & fish, steak & veggies etc and they are good but i know how many caloires i'm getting.

geoffgarcia
09-15-2003, 12:39 PM
dood post some of those meals here:)

Spartacus
09-15-2003, 12:55 PM
well burrito=whole wheat tortilla shell, lettuce, tomato, salsa, george formaned chicken breast cut into strips.

stir fry there are tons of options, usually brown rice, onions, peas & carrots, beef or chicken, "sechuan stir fry sauce," or garlic or ground ginger. also add some peanut butter (for thai flavor) or canola oil for fats

pasta is whole wheat spaghetti, garlic, oregano, basil, olive oil. sometimes i add tomato sauce. then i make some fish, usually with lemon, some spices

steak i put some worchester or some pepper on, and then i steam some broccholi, maybe a potato or something.

also i make some pizzas with whole wheat pitas. i bake them for a few minutes to get them crispy, then put pizza sauce (you can buy it or i just mix some tomato paste and italian herbs like oregano, basil, etc) and put a bunch of mixed low- and non- fat mozzerella

refried beans in tortilla with cheese, lots of chilli powder and cumin. i make a week or two of these and freeze them, then reheat for lunch at work with some nuts and milk and fruit