PDA

View Full Version : critique my diet plz :)

seK
09-13-2003, 01:04 PM
I am pretty new to dieting and am trying my best to gather as much info as I can so any help would be great.

Breakfast
2 eggs + protein shake

Mid Morning
1 pack instant oatmeal glass of milk

GYM! 1 hour (0 cardio)

Lunch
Protein shake, Dry tuna sandwich with whole wheat bread + a couple of carrot sticks

Evening
Snack or some sort usually Tuna or Chicken

Supper
6-8 oz pork chop 1/2 cup of mixed vegetables + large glass of milk

Snack before bed
Cheese

According to fitday.com my day usually looks somthing like this

Total: 1904
Fat: 61 553 30%
Sat: 25 228 12%
Poly: 12 112 6%
Mono: 19 172 9%
Carbs: 132 456 25%
Fiber: 18 0 0%
Protein: 204 816 45%
Alcohol: 0 0 0%

I know I am probably pretty far off on what I should be doing but I am just hopeing to learn here, so thanks in advance.

P.S. if I am missing any information needed just let me know I would be glad to offer whatever I know.

Dedicated
09-13-2003, 01:36 PM
I'm not an expert but try to consume some carbs postworkout and try to add some healthy fats to your diet. Stuff like nuts, salmon, or buy some EFA's, like fish oil caps. I'm sure others can provide more advice, goodluck:).

bradley
09-13-2003, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by seK
I know I am probably pretty far off on what I should be doing but I am just hopeing to learn here, so thanks in advance.

What are your current goals (bulking/cutting)? What is your height, weight, and ~bf%?

The advice dedicated posted above is good information, and I might be able to offer more advice once you supply the above information.:)

seK
09-13-2003, 03:14 PM
My goal is cutting I am 6'4 200lbs my bf is probably between 15-20 :(

bradley
09-13-2003, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by seK
Breakfast
2 eggs + protein shake

I usually like to start my day off with few carbs, but this is not necessary, although it might be of benefit since you train in the morning.

Mid Morning
1 pack instant oatmeal glass of milk

Stick with the original oatmeal, as the flavored variety contains a fair amount of sugar.

GYM! 1 hour (0 cardio)

I would recommend some type of post workout shake that contained protein and some high GI carbs, and this can be consumed immediately after training.

Lunch
Protein shake, Dry tuna sandwich with whole wheat bread + a couple of carrot sticks

Might drop the protein shake and add in some healthy fats. You really only need ~1g of protein per lb. of bw, and I would recommend ~25% of your dialy cals come from fat.

Evening
Snack or some sort usually Tuna or Chicken

Supper
6-8 oz pork chop 1/2 cup of mixed vegetables + large glass of milk

Milk is rather calorie dense, so if you need to free up some calories to add in healthy fats (EFAs), cutting out the milk would be a good start.

Snack before bed
Cheese

Maybe a little protein before bed, such as cottage cheese instead of regular cheese.

Total calories: 1904

Your calories seem a little low, so if you find yourself dropping weight to fast you might bump up the cals a bit.

seK
09-13-2003, 06:11 PM
I go to the gym right before I eat lunch so my lunch is eaten right after. Also what do you juggest I eat/take to get my EFA's up?

bradley
09-14-2003, 05:06 AM
Originally posted by seK
I go to the gym right before I eat lunch so my lunch is eaten right after.

In that case I would take in a shake pre-workout so you have some nutrients available after your workout. You have to keep in mind that it takes whole food a while to digest, so if you take in a pre-workout shake you will have some nutrients available immediately post workout. Maybe something like 25-35g of carbs (maltodextrin or dextrose) and 10-15g of protein mixed in a small amount of water, consumed ~30 minutes before training.

Although the above recommendation would also depend on the timing of your last meal.

Also what do you juggest I eat/take to get my EFA's up?

If you are looking for whole food options, then I would recommend including some oily fish in your diet, such as salmon. Also foods such as walnuts and flaxseeds can provide some n-3 fats.

If you are looking for a supplement, then fish oil would work just fine.