PDA

View Full Version : One furious Bulk!

furious
09-14-2003, 02:35 PM
Now is time to embark upon the odessey of a lifetime. This will be a bulk like no other to add slabs of muscle and power to my frame. To become the hard core bodybuilder I know is hiding inside of me. Come along with me on this journey...

The goals: 10-15 lbs of LBM to my frame, chest and shoulders in particular

The Time: 8-12 of pure bulking power

The diet:

8 am: cup of oatmeal w/whey mixed in

11 am: 2 chicken breasts cup of cottge cheese

2 pm: cup of cottage cheese/w apple

4 pm (pre workout): 1/2 cup cottage cheese + 1/2 cup oat meal

6:30: PW shake- 50gs protein 30gs carbbs

7:30: 2 chicken breasts/ 3 slices whet bread

10:30: cup of cottage cheese/ glass of glutamine/sleep

Suppliments: ZMA, Animal Pak M-Stak, whey

Any suppliment or diet suggestions you may have for quickest mass gain would be gretly appreciated.

The workout:
I am posting this journal here because you are the possibly greatest collection of body sculpting athletes on the internet. I need and appreciate all of your help, please help me build the best body possible. All suggestions greatly appreciated.

3 day split

Monday: chest/tris/calves

Incline bench superset with dumbbells
8-6-6

Pullovers
8-6

Decline bench superset w/weighted dips
8-6-6

Pushdowns
8-6-6

Calve raises
8-6-6

Tuesday: Shoulders/back/abs

Dumbbell press
8-6-6

Lateral raises
10-8-8

Front raises
10-8-8

upright rows
8-6-6

Behind back military press
8-6

Weighted pullups
10-8-8

Pulldowns
8-6-6

Dumbbell rows
8-6-6

3 sets russian twists

3 sets crunches

Wednesday: bis/tris/legs

21/w straight bar
3 sets

EZ bar standing curls
10-8-6

Dumbbell hammer curls
10-8-8

reverse trcip curl/w straight bar
10-8-8

weighted dips
10-8-8

pushdowns/superset with rope pulldown
10-8-6

squats
10-8-8

Thursday: abs/legs/cardio

weight leg raises
3 sets

weighted situps on decline bench
3 sets

crunches
3 sets

leg press
10-8-8

hamstring leg curl
10-8-8

front leg curls
10-8-8

30 minutes 7 mph running

Dedicated
09-14-2003, 02:48 PM
YES I got the first post, what timing. Goodluck!

furious
09-14-2003, 02:54 PM
Thanks bro, and may the posting commence!

Dedicated
09-14-2003, 03:01 PM
The diet looks great, also do you do deadlifts? Those are always fun cause you use can use big weights.

furious
09-14-2003, 03:03 PM
Never done dedlifts. My dad really messed up his back during his college football days, and I have sort of stayed away from them based upon that. But they do seem to be good mass builder, so I may throw them in at some point if I hit plateau.

rookiebldr
09-14-2003, 03:40 PM
Throw them in furious. You'll love em.

Good luck on your bulk.

midee1
09-14-2003, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by rookiebldr
Throw them in furious. You'll love em.

Good luck on your bulk.

:withstupi

RuLess
09-14-2003, 05:10 PM
dead's and that light headed feeling afterwards.. ya cant beat it!

g'l with your goals.. i'll stop in from time to time

peas

furious
09-14-2003, 05:48 PM
Alright, just got back from the gym. I am really feeling those lateral raises in my shoulders, I really think they will help add mass to my delts. Switching the dumbell press to the beginning of my workout really gave me a good pump, and then the lateral/front raises really destroyed my delts, perfection! I am considering switching the dumbbell press up with behind the back military press every other workout or so, perhaps throwing in some delt machine flys as well.

I just downed my post workout shake, I must say, I made an error in buying this methoxy pro crap, the taste is absolutley horrid. I am craving Nectar, that is the best tasting protein Ive come across, mmm apple. Unfortunatley, I am a poor college student, and food in NYC is possibly more expensive than anywhere in the world, so I will have to deal with this "Vanilla Breeze" crap. I have come to the conclusion that any protein with a descriptive adjective after the name of their flavor, is attempting to mask the fact they are complete sh&t.

Overall, I was very happy with this workout. 1 hour in and out of the gym, and I really feel burn. Tommorrow comes chest....Ill keep you posted.

Franjipani
09-15-2003, 03:06 AM
Originally posted by furious
Now is time to embark upon the odessey of a lifetime. This will be a bulk like no other to add slabs of muscle and power to my frame. To become the hard core bodybuilder I know is hiding inside of me. Come along with me on this journey...

Absolutely luv it:clap:

I'll come along for the ride:D

furious
09-15-2003, 03:57 AM
then hold on tight...

furious
09-15-2003, 03:32 PM
Well everyone, 30 minuts and counting to my chest workout. I have been contemplating some things I may be doing wrong in my workout, and I have decided just to concentrate on form today, and do my reps very slowly and delibertley. I think im going to throw in some assisted reps to faliure as well, in order to shock my chest. I also got my new suppliment in the mail today, GHBoost, so im going to see how that goes tonight, More on that when I return. Wish me luck!

rookiebldr
09-15-2003, 05:15 PM
Good idea to focus on form, it will do you well in the long run when you put up the HUGE numbers.

furious
09-15-2003, 06:16 PM
Well good news and bad news tonight. My lifts have gone up, and I definetly felt stronger overall. I felt good burn in my chest, yet as I sit here and wait on my meal to cook it feels normal again. My chest is seriously beginning to lag behind the rest of my body, and that frustrates me to no end. Perhaps I should just literally beat the **** out of it, mybe that would induce hypertrophy, not to mention brusing. I all reality tho, Im considering a different routine all together for my next chest day, to possibly shock my chest and hit it at some news angles. Perhaps this variance, say once a week I lift heavy and one day I go for reps, will help my chest out of this plateau. In any case, this is war and this just makes me desire it more. I will report on my experience with GHBoost tommorrow after I take it tonight, it is supposed to give you wierd dreams. It contains alot of the same ingedients as the ZMA I am already taking, should I take both at night? Lets hear some opinions... Anyway, Im listing my increases below. More tommorrow and enjoy!

Incline Bench: 5 reps 225lbs = +5lbs

Weighted Dips: 60lbs + bodyweight= +10lbs

Herc
09-16-2003, 09:35 AM
Good Luck on the Bulk!
:thumbup:

I think I might hace a Herc-Tech I did to your Pics you posted in Jan. somewhere on this machine.

And here's some
:dj::spam::spam:

drew
09-16-2003, 09:38 AM
Some :spam: to help you grow. Good luck!

Alke
09-16-2003, 01:12 PM
good luck on your goals!! im with you on the bulking :D :D

you said your chest is lagging, what are your tapings and stats?

furious
09-16-2003, 04:06 PM
Hey,

Thanks for the replies. As far as my chest goes, it is currently 38.5, up from 38 inches, and Ive gained about 5-7lbs so far. I just look at myself in the mirror, and it just seems so much smaller than everything else. I have good arms, my shoulders and lats are coming along, and then I have this cavernous chest...frustrating!. I am actually feeling a bit of "growth" in the chest today tho, so perhaps this is beginning to change. I was bad today, I sort over did the apples, I had 6 :cry: In any case, I plan to to cut down a bit tommorrow, my gut is getting a bit large when I get full, so I am going to back off a bit on my off dy and let my body become hungry once again. Today is arm dy, which is a relatively simple day for me, I dont have to train my arms as much it seems, as Ive always had fairly large bi's and tri's. Im out the door to the gym, so Ill let you know how it goes. You got your tickets to the gun show?

Alke
09-16-2003, 07:53 PM
uhm, then I would make DB presses first in your chest routine, both flat and incline. DB's will hit you more in your chest than BB pressing, and you will build more stability in your shoulders and strengthen the forearms as well by focusing on higher poundages and reps with DB's over BB bench. And get tapings every 4 weeks to make sure your chest is responding, if not = change the rep scheme, interval time, or both and be consistant so when you do tapings again if you get growth stick with that until growth stops again.

just because we do this for fun doesnt mean you shouldnt ge the most out of it, and tapings work great for making sure your getting the most out of your time. (my GF thinks it funny I measure myself LOL)

furious
09-16-2003, 08:23 PM
Hey,

Not much to report. Fairly good arm day today, felt the burn as always, and the 21's for my warmup gave me really good burn. The rope pulldown station at my gym is crap, too low and awkward. My lats are looking really good, and I can tell I am putting on mass in my shoulders. I love getting bigger, this is really addictive. Cutting is going to suck! Tommorrow is my leg/ab day, and I plan to come out of the gym in a wheel chair my legs will be so sore. I am totally dedicated to the training, and I believe the mindset is just as important as any aspect of this process. By the way, I must report GHBosst gave me some f@cked up, crazy dreams, quite an enjoyable experience! Ill check in tommorrow.

clvmike19
09-16-2003, 08:31 PM
mmmmmmmmm deadlifts :drooling:

Herc
09-17-2003, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by furious
I plan to come out of the gym in a wheel chair my legs will be so sore. .

Mmmmmm...:drooling: Leg Day!

furious
09-17-2003, 02:01 PM
Good afternoon everyone, just woke up about 2 hours ago, great sleep= GH realese! I disovered a new food I had never tried today, I had always felt that the taste of tuna would mimic the smell, yet I was way off base, I just went through 3 packs of zesty- lemon pepper albacore Tuna, and it was really good. I am considering changing my diet around a bit to add it in, to vary my protein sources and taste as well. I also bought some egg beaters, ive never had eggs, and bodybuilders rave about them, so I thought "what the hell". I havent tried them yet, but perhaps I will make some sort of egg-tuna combination to keep it interesting. In any case, today is leg day, and its time to build some tree trunks. I usually run for cardio, but I will probably end up on a bike today, as I plan to be immobile when im done. I must say, as a model here in NYC, I see so many waif-like male models, and I pity them. I just dont understand how they do it, they look so sickly, though the majority of them are coke heads, which explains alot. I almost became that way when I first got here, but I got out in time, and I feel so much better and healthier like this. Bulking is great!

drew
09-17-2003, 02:07 PM
Just discovering tuna? Lucky man!

I like to toss a can of tuna in the frying pan with 2-3 eggs, some wheat germ and a bit of Mrs. Dash. Add tabasco for spice! Mmmmm

furious
09-18-2003, 04:56 AM
God leg day yesterday. My lifts are going up consistently, and my legs felt more stable in the pressing movement, which gave me a better pump. I am beginning to highly question the "fat free" claim made by the grocery store chiken breasts here, as they havent neglected ot remove the fatty skin. This is a pain in the arse, and an annoyance as well. I swear, people will do anything not to actually work and make quik buck, how sad. If anyone shops at key foods in NYC, never ever ever buy the store brand chicken or cottge cheese, which I must also report tastes like complete ass. Anyway, today is shoulder today, I may throw in some military press if I am feeling energetic. Ill let you know.

furious
09-18-2003, 11:27 PM
Decent workout tonight on the shoulders. I got in to a fight with my girlfriend, so I was a bit distracted and I think this affected my performance somewhat. I switched things around a bit, and found a combination of front raises, and upright rows to be quite effective. I also threw in 10 minutes of sprinting, and I am really feeling it in my legs. Perhaps HIT training every other day will hel build my leg, so I am considering it as well. I notice my legs are starting to put on mass, Ive never really trained my legs consistently, and I wonder if this may help increase my overall muscle mass as well? In any case, it is my amibition to become an animal, so musculr legs are essentially for symmetry. I threw tun in tuna as a midnight snaack tonight in place of the cottage cheese, less sodium I figured. Tommorrow i chest, and Im going to make some big changes tommorrow to experiment a bit. I will keep you in suspense until tommorrow, but I will say I plan to continue to focus on incline work, I really need to build my upper pecs. Well im about pass out now, so until tommorrow. You got your tickets to the gun show?

furious
09-19-2003, 06:59 PM
Hey,

WOW, my chest is sore! This was the best chest workout Ive had in a long time, all because I dropped the volume of my sets. I took max-mex's advice and incorperated dumbbells at the beginning of my workout while dropping incline bench. I was able to do heavier dumbbells, and squeeze my pecs on every rep, which helped tremendously with fatigue. I switched up myincline to flat bench and threw in some flys, and my chest actually looked fuller at the end of my workout. All and all, I dropped the volume of my sets, yet I am finally realising something that has been said here all along, less is more. Im toying the idea of havng one "volume" day, and one day like this for my chest each week, but I suppose the best thing to do is the continue to experiment. I really feel as if I am on my way to growth, and that is a great thing. I am posting the changes I made tonight, so let me know what you think. Oh by the way, Ive found a new favorite taste of mine, albacore tuna and onion powder, zest and sweet at the same time! The only problem was the gym was reeking after I left if you know what I mean :P

Chest routine:

incline dumbells
80lbs-12x-warmup
90lbs-8x
95lbs-6x
90-8x

Flat bench superset/w dumbell flys

75lbs flys-8x- 135lbs bench- 10x
75lbs-flys-8x- 175- 6x
75lbs-flys08x-185-4x

Weighted dips

bodyweight+ 80lbs-8x
bodyweight+ 80lbs-8x

Pullovers:

75lb- 8x
85lbs-6x

Shorter and sweeter!

Alke
09-19-2003, 08:43 PM
workout looks sweet bro'

I would agree with your idea of having a day with a bit more volume, then the next time around go easy. This would let you hot more weight to causing you stress the muscles differently, then you can aid in the recovery by going lighter the next time around.

This is similar to what I do, where I go heavy one session then light the next.

really Super DB work bro'

Coke
09-20-2003, 06:23 AM
Very, very good chest work dude - keep going like this!

furious
09-20-2003, 07:50 PM
Rushed workout today. I shot a catalog from 11 to 8 pm tonight, and thus I had roughly 30 minutes to work out. Luckily, it was arm day, which doesnt take very long. I actually felt great burn, given the fact that I had to rush and had no time in between sets. Fatigue set in quite nicely and it wasnt a bad workout overall. Today was my last photoshoot before I take off 2 month to bulk, I am so exicted! I am going to have a fest tommorrow in celebration, now is time to put on some size! Tommorrow is leg day, and I have a feeling it will be a very productive workout indeed. Ill keep you posted.

furious
09-21-2003, 02:43 PM
Well as I promises last night, I am currently stuffed. I have partaken in a feast of Tuna, apples, cottge cheese, and protein shake tody, and have put my diet to shame, but hey, its all about gaining weight right? In all reality, I dont feel too guilty, given it was all healthy food. Today is leg day, time to use and abuse these sticks of mine. I have actually noticed some growth in my legs, and so it motivates me to hit them hard. As much as I hate squatting, it seems to be really helping to add some mass, combined with leg press. My gains are going up, and so is my comfort in the lifts, so I feel confident of some progress today. It is also ab day, and I plan to switch up my routine a bit. I found a weighted crunch machine that looked interesting, so I am going to see how it feels, as well as throwing in some side bends and hanging leg raise for variety. I need some sort of harness to be able to add weight and resistance on the leg raises, so any suggestions on where I could purchase one, would be helpful. In any case, I will be crawling back to my apartment to report my progress, talk to you soon.

furious
09-21-2003, 04:53 PM
Damn....I really did end up crawling out of the gym. My gains were awesome today, and my legs and calves really seem to be responding. I will post my gains below, but I am really happy with the feeling of complete fatigue in my legs, I need to rent one of those motorised carts to ride around the gym :P My legs were so sore I couldnt run today, so I ended up doing a bike for about 20 minutes, broke a sweat, so that was good enough for me. I have decided to start doing my cardio in the mornings, I feel this may help my gains, as I will be able to get my shake and meal in right after lifting in the afternoon, rather than 20 minutes later. Hopefully this will give my growth a boost, and push me to that next level. I have targeted 160-165 as my cut weight, nd I am about 148 now, so I have some way to go. Looking foward to the bulking, now it is time to eat!

Check out my gains:

Leg press= +45
Squats= +35

furious
09-22-2003, 10:08 AM
So today I am going to start adding some carbs in to my postwork meal/shake. What would be best to spike my insulin and achieve the desired results? At first I was thinking a banana, but apparently that only replenishes liver glyocgen. Could anyone reading my journal recommend some decent foods to add in post workout for best results?

Herc
09-22-2003, 10:51 AM
I've always heard high glycemic (sp?) index foods are good for an after workout insulin spike. Of course I only know the highest (natural) one off the top of my head, which is watermelon.

You probably can google to find a complete list.

btw: what catalog did you do your shoot for?

- oh yea, it must be nice to take off work for 2 months to workout. :rolleyes: rough life... j/k

Alke
09-22-2003, 05:04 PM
hey bro' for myself (bulking) I just eat a nitrotech bar (these are the best IMO), a bagel, and 2 servings of milk for post workout. then eat a real food meal 2 hours later......pre-workout I eat fruit or fig newtons and milk (1.5 hours before) workout.

when I was cutting I added SPREE post workout to get dextrose in the blood stream for quick supply of carbs, the spree really helped to keep energy levels up during the cut.

For your leg raises, I use ankle weights I bought at target. I got a 25lb set that I strap on to my ankles and makes leg raises a LOT harder, when I can do +25 I will buy another 25lb set and add those suckas on for +50 leg raises.

for a belt for weighted pullups dips, I got a firemans belt at a surplus store. this belt has a hook built into the back of the belt which made it easier to attach a chain for pulling extra weight.

good luck with the bulk, looking forward to seeing how you got your sessions outlined.

Saint Patrick
09-22-2003, 05:30 PM
diet looks ace man.

Holy crap I found someone who eats more cottage cheese than I do!

furious
09-22-2003, 06:32 PM
Hey all,

Thanks for the replies. I used two bananas and some watermellon tonight for the insulin spike, Im sure this isnt the best carb source, but I plan to order some maltodextrin for my shakes. My damn gym doesnt have a hanging leg raise station, I have pushing myself up on two dressers at my apartment to simulate the movement, which is working alright. My question is, what sort of harnes can i use for weight around my ankles for leg raises? My abs need work, and even though they will probbly be covered in fat for a time, I want to strenthen and build them so they pop out moreso when I cut. I have actually been using a packpack for weight pullups and dips, I just find it to be easier then strapping weight on to a belt, and it seems to be working fine so far. My workout tonight was great, added 5 pounds to my pullups, and dumbell rows, and i really felt it in my lats. It occured to me why my chest may appear smaller when examining myself in the mirror after i lifted. My lats are really well developed, yet my chest is just average and they almost minimise my chest, ahh damn lagging bodypart. In any case, my chicken is cooking and feeling some nice fatigue in my shoulders and upper back. Ive got a long way to go, 15 pounds of pure gainage, so now begins my journey. I am posting a candid shot from the catalog shoot to show you what my body looks like at hte moment, it is a bit rough as I have already been bulking for some tim. I will post hte real catalog tears when I get them, which should be in the beginning of October. But here is a taste of all that are curious. The catalog was Fallocco swimwear, a new swimwear line out of NYC. I also shot bodybody wear with Steven Sandler, so I will post those tears soon as well. I am really trying to make the transition to fitness modeling, my goal is to be in Mens exercise, Mens health, or the like. Ive got a long way to go, but I like challange. Anyway, let me know what you think.

PS: I am the guy in the black, the guy next to me in the white is a pro bodybuilder.

furious
09-23-2003, 05:47 PM
Wow, I obliterated my chest tonight. I am feeling sore as hell right now, and I just downed my pws. I changed a few things around again tonight, I seperated incline bench from incline dumbells, each seperate, and concentrated on slow deliberate form and flexing my pecs at the top, and i really felt it hit them hard. I think seperating them will allow me to go heavier in box exercises, as I moved up in both areas, I will post the changes below. I also got home much faster, as I did cardio this morning, so I was able to get my shake in RIGHT after my workout. I really feel positive about this new workout, as i really feel like I had been overtraining my chest perviously. Less truly does equal more, in terms of burn so far, and my chest seems to be responding nicely. I feel the chest is the crown jewel of any physique, so hopefully this will begin to pack on the inches. I am posting my results and changes below, feel free to give me feedback.

Changes/gains made:

Incline bench
135 10x
185 6x
225 4x +5lbs, 2 reps
210 6x +2 reps
185 8x +2 reps

I split up the super set of these two

Incline dumbells:

80 10x
90 8x
95 8x + 2reps
95 6 reps +2reps

Pullovers:

80 8x +2 reps
85 6x

midee1
09-23-2003, 07:13 PM
Awesome bench work dude. Keep it up.:thumbup:

furious
09-24-2003, 08:05 PM
Alright boys, I have made an important decision. I have never been a fan of creatine for its water retentive properities, however, I realise now that to be big I must make sacrifices. I must gain as much mass as possible in the next two months, and thus I have decided to take extreme measures. The ends justify the means, and nothing will stop me in my quest for superior muscularture. I have decided to go with V12, it seems to be one of the more effects varieties of creatine currently on the market, and people here seem to have had good results.

Today was arm day. I switched my routine up a bit, threw in 2 set of preachers for the shock value, and they gave me good burn. Overall a good workout, my tricep bench press continues to increase stedily, tho i dont really feel the same burn with this as I do with say, pushdown or rope pulldowns in particular. I will pot the changes and increases below for your review.

GYM Rant:

Alright, today at my gym there was a taste d-light yogurt promotion giving out free samples. This yogurt is billed as "fat free", yet they were serving it with topping of m&ms, nuts, etc. It was quite a sight to watch people help themselves to a cup of yogurt in between sets, or while walking on the treadmill. It baffles as to why any establishment which bills itself as promoting health, would allow this sort of promotion to undermine the very purpose the gym, (weightloss). I suppose anything for a quick buck, how sad.

Changes/gains:

Preacher curls

80 8x
85 6x

CReverse grip bench;

135 10x
155 8x= +2 reps
185 6x= +15lbs!

Alke
09-24-2003, 09:30 PM
yup. I have yet to go to a gym that doesnt have a candy machine in the lobby LOL

furious
09-25-2003, 06:21 PM
Nice leg workout tonight. My leg pres continues to sky rocket, though this is primarily because Ive barley ever worked my legs. I also hit a new high in squats, and increased my reppage as well, so overall im happy with the workout. I changed up my calf routine a bit to include calf lifts, and they work my calfs so much better, im going to permanently include them in my routine. I seem to have jumped a few pounds in the last few days, which is strange because ive been eating like a hog and not gaining an ounce, strange how it jumps so suddenly, but im not complaining. I am hoping to accelerate the proccess once my creatine arrives. My goal is 10-15 pounds of solid mass in 2 months, which is ambitious I know, but I have all the time in the world and basically all I will be doing is lifting and eating, so you never know. You know, I considered Cell Tek when choosing my creatine, but I noticed it contained 42g's of sugar per serving, does this not seem like excess fat waiting to hppen to anyone else?

HahnB
09-25-2003, 06:33 PM
Chest is lookin strong, good workouts:ninja:

furious
09-26-2003, 06:34 PM
Great shoulder workout tonight. My strength is definetly going up, not neccisarily on the weight yet, but I was far more comfortable and deliberate with my form while adding a few reps, which makes all the difference to me. I am gaining at a reasonable rate, 8lbs in a month and a half, but I have 2m onths and I need to really make siginificant gains in LBM TO achieve my goal. I am considering a pro hormone, I am thinking nor-diol right now because of its less harsh, but I still have some researh to do.My creatine arrives Monday, so hopefully they will help kick it up a notch as well. If anyone has any suggestions on nordiol prohormones, feel free to to let me know. I am planning on a 4 week cycle, as I feel this is middle of the road and best for my first pro hormone experience. My friend uggested mag-10, but im just not sure. Let me knoe your tohughts/opinions. Look foward to hearing from you.

furious
09-27-2003, 07:21 PM
Hey all,

Tonight I hit my chest extremely hard. It wasnt so much the volume of my workout, as the gains that I made. I am really feeling much stronger for some reason, and my lifts are going up as a result. I kept volume down tonight on purpose, and I really feel it gave my chest a fuller look, as I hit bottom, middle, and upper with 3 different excersies and very slow and deliberate form. I see so many guys using dumbells not going down all the way or using ****ty form, and I have resolved to cut this out, and by slowly repping out each movement and flexing I get such a better burn. I will post my increases below, but lets just say I am satisfied with my progress. I am equally excited that my creatine is arriving on Monday, and my 4ad on Wed., so they should give me the kick I need to really grow. I am really enthusiastic about this cycle, for I feel that the my strength is where it needs to be to grow, and these supps will help my recovery and give me more stamina. These are two elements Ive never incoperated before, so things are about to get interesting. I realise there are certain side effects that accompany a prohormone, but I have concluded that since I have more time than ever to workout on my hands, I am prepared to make the scarifices neccesary to get truly big and fufill my potential. Check out my gains below, and I will keep you posted.

Incline Dumbbells:

80 10x

95 8x

100! 8x= +5lbs

105! 6x= =10lbs

Dumbell flys:

75 8x

85 8x

95 8x= +10

Weighted dips:

80lbs 10x

90lbs 8x

100lbs 6x= +5lbs

Pullovers:

85lbs 8x= +5lbs

85lbs 6x= +5lbs

furious
09-29-2003, 12:13 AM
Workou:

Decent arm workout tonight. I am really making an effort to concentrate on my form in all exercises, as I find this to be a much more efficient way of properly working the muscle. I switched my routine up a bit tonight, I find this is something that seems to keep the muscles guessing as well. I am beginning to see results in the mirror, but the facte of the matter is I have much more growing to do. My PH, and Creatine arrives tommorrow,so the next 6 weeks weeks will be crucial. This is a challange for me, I am totally isolating myself from all other activities and dedicating my full time to diet, and working out. My goal is put on 10 pounds of LBM, and a few pounds of fat on top of that. I am ready to surround myself in a cocoon of fat and muscle, and emerge as a greek god. This is the destiny I will fufill.

Routine changes:

Hammer curls

35lbs 10x

45lbs 6x

Preacher Curls

75 10x

90 8x

added on to typical workout.

HahnB
09-29-2003, 12:49 AM
Good luck with your goal, you should have no problem doin it:thumbup:

furious
09-29-2003, 10:16 PM
I had the best leg workout tonight. I suppose the reason I am making such great gains, is the fact that I have never worked my legs before, but they are growing like tree trunks and visibly so ( I can actually tell a difference). M y creatine came today about an hour before my workout, I downed 20 grams and went to workout an hour later. I am not sure if it is the creatine, or merely a mindset, but I had great energy and intensity today in the gym. It wasnt really that I was much stronger, just that I felt more energy for some reason, and it reflected in my preformance. I am not sure how long it takes creatine to bear an effect, but I am taking 20g's a day to start out, as the package recommends. In any case, cutting it short tonight, I have alot of work to do, and I wore myself out today with my workout. Tommorrow is a new day, and the first real workout dy of my creatine cycle!

furious
09-30-2003, 09:24 PM
Well, 2nd day of creatine loading and I havent notied any jump in weight or physical side effects, I hope 20 g's is enough. I didnt really feel the energy in the gym today, but I went up in a few of my lifts, so I am progressing I feel. My andro arrives tommorrow, so I am really stoked, I wonder if I will notice any physical changes from this immediatly, I am definetly hoping so as tommorrow is my chest day and I want to hit it hard. In any case, not much to report today really, I will give a lengthy report of what I have been up to tommorrow, I just feel rather drained tonight. I am posting my increases below. Feel free to take a look.

Overhead dumbbell press:

75 10x

80 8x

85 8x= +5lbs

80 8x= +2 reps

Front raises:

40 10x

45 8x

50 6x= +5lbs

furious
10-01-2003, 05:34 PM
Hey,

Well my 4ad finally came today. I am a bit confused as to the dosage I should use, as the recommendation with the suppliment was rather low (200mgs) a day, and I have read it should at at least 800 for oral. In any case, I took 400mgs today, and hopefully I will begin to notice the effects. My lifts went up again today, and with my chest that is always golden. I feel I am benefiting from changing up my routine, and dropping a few of the supersets. I have dropped all cardio from chest day as well, so hopefully that will give it the extra push it needs. I am still waiting for the "increased protein synthesis" of this 4ad to kick in, so I can justify my ravinous eating, as all I literlly do all day is sleep, eat and lift....ah, im living my fantasy. My calf raises increased as well, I am alternating exercises for calves, as I find it helps them burn, and they seem to be growing. All in All, it was a great workout, I went a bit high on the volume, but I felt energy tody and my lifts reflect that. I will post my increases below.

Gains:

Incline Bench

230 5x= +5lbs

215 6x= +3 reps

Incline dumbells:

105 6x= +5lbs

100 8x= +4 reos

furious
10-03-2003, 07:57 PM
Hey,

The last two days have been sort of a blur. I go from studying all day, to somehow almost fighting a rather burly female in a club last night, all the more reason for me to bulk up! In any case, as anyone still reading this journal...knows, today was my leg/ab day. I am always pleased with leg days, I am still new to working my legs, so I can watch the growth, and always feel the burn on my sets. I am trying to emphasise strict form from the outset, in order to properly develop my musculature. I dropped the bar in leg press today, literally, i went for a "max" press after a few cheat reps, and it came down on me like a ton of bricks, bit embaressing as the entire gym stopped and stared at me, whih was good or bad depending on how you look at it. I did move up on my squatting tho, and this exercise in particular seems to really fatigue my legs, though this could be due to the fact I squat after I lef press. In any case, I was pleased with the overall workout and my legs are feeling it. No changes to report so far from the 4ad, I have decided to order 4ad in pill form and stack it with 1ad. I am prepared to deal with whatever side efects, so I might as well go all out. My strngth in most areas continues to improve, but I attribute this more to the copious amounts of food I have been consuming. I love bulking because I can literally gorge and be alright with it, the perfect excuse for the fat man living inside me. I am posting my gains below, and I will check in tommorrow.

Leg gains:

Squat press

200 10x

280 8x

350 6x= +50lbs

furious
10-04-2003, 01:20 PM
Damn, I just wanted to say, I think the andro is kicking in, my muscles feel fuller today and I am more aggressive in my behaivior for some reason. This stuff is gold! More later.

RuLess
10-04-2003, 02:32 PM
nice progress furious! glad to see you moving bigger weights..

are u modeling for a certain company or nething.. nice physique

keep it up

peas

furious
10-05-2003, 07:15 PM
Sorry for the gaps people, been caught up this weekend. Yesterday and today, were should/back, and chest day respectively. Shoulder day was great, made several gains and felt good burn. I cut out cardio for that day as well, and changed my postworkout "shake" a bit, which I will post below. Overall, I am finding it harder to feel burn from the same exercises, so I plan to change up my routine slightly every week to compensate. Chest workout was decent today, I threw in a superset of slow pushups with my incline DB's, which helped give me burn that nay have been laking otherwise. I must say, I am glad I have reintroduced flat bench back in to my routine, it gives me a chance to work on my form, and I am finding that it hits my chest very well on its own, but also acts as a great precursor for my db fly superset. I am considering further reducing the volume on my other chest day, as I am still not seeing the growth that I would like, though my strength continues to increase. I am also toying with the idea of 2aday workouts, as I have all the time in the world at the moment, and I have increased endurance on this PH. In any case, I will decide on this after I get some feedback, but I think what it comes down to is nothing can take the place of a solid routine and proper rest, these things just take time. I am really determined to get this right, and if it takes a bit longer, I will do whatever it takes. I began this bulk to evoke serious physical growth, and I wont stop until my body is truly a temple. This is why I love lifting, for unlike modeling, it isnt subjective, it is all about power and strength, and it is something you can always improve upon and refine. At the end of the day, this proccess is down to the individual, for if you are willing to give it your full effort, it can be a constant evolution of self improvement. God bless bodybuilding.

Shake changes:

Note: this was caused by the fact I ran out of protein powder, but this seems a more efficient way of achieveing a post workout insulin spike in any case.

1 20 oz bottle of gatoraid

1 protein bar (32g's protein, 30g's crabs)

Shoulder gains:

Overhead press

10x 75lbs

8x 80lbs

6x 85lbs= +5lbs

8x 80lbs

Front raises:

8x 40lbs

6x 45lbs

6x 50lbs= +5lbs

furious
10-05-2003, 07:16 PM
Oh, and ruhless, thanks for the feedback. To answer your question, the pic I posted was from a shoot for Falocco swimwear. I also shot bodybodywear this summer, and I did an editorial for GQ Taiwan when I was thinner this summer. In any case, fitness modeling is the way I want to go, so look for me on the cover of Men's health some day... I hope!

furious
10-06-2003, 05:54 AM
Just completed the first portion of my 2aday arm workout. Focusing on biceps definetly gave me more intensity and better burn, this should work well. I totally changed up my bicep routine and I post the link. This definetly shocked them, and they are still tight, so I am quite pleased. More tonight when I do triceps.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jrod2.htm

furious
10-07-2003, 08:21 AM
Well, it was as I thought. By doing 2adays, I was able to better concentrate on each of my muscles groups, giving both better burn and individual attention. I was extremely pleased with both workouts, and it actually gives me more time as they take 1.3 as long as my normal workout, quite efficient indeed. Since I trainh shoulders/back, and biceps/triceps, on the same day, I have decide to incorperate the 2aday method for both these mucle groups. Chest will stay the same as it has it's own day, though I may break up my cardio so I run in the morning to make sure I get most PWS right after I lift. In any case, today is leg day which I alwys enjoy, and as I am really noticing progress, I am hopeful of making further gains today. I will keep you poted, more tonight.

Herc
10-07-2003, 10:36 AM
:lurk:

furious
10-07-2003, 10:34 PM
Well, I am happy to report another excellent workout. I made gains on both leg press, and squats, though fairly small, still gains all the same! The gym was crowded today, and therefore every machine I used, inevitably some weakling with the intention of pressing 1 plate would ask "can i work in?". I mean what do you say to that, "hell no, go eat something", I suppose there is a silent code of "gym ethics" that prevents us from doing so, but with this andro coursing through my vains, I came close to headbutting a few people tonight,....but thats ok, as long as it stays in my head. Ah, in any case, I feel powerful and the 2adays really hit my biceps hard, so I am looking foward to shoulders/back tommorrow. I am doing shoulders in the morning, and there is a overhead press/lateral raise superset i want to try, so hopefully the burn will be intense. I will keep you posted, more tommorrow.

furious
10-08-2003, 06:06 PM
Another day, another 2aday. I am extremely pleased with this method of working out, not only does it equate to less time in the gym, it gives me much better individual feeling in both muscle groups. I am stil feeling the soreness in my shoulders from this morning, and I changed up my back routine and it worked great. For back, I threw in T-Bar rows for the first time, and I really feel this exercise in particular is going to lead to much fuller lts. I could feel the motion immediatly in my muscle, and unlike barbell rows, the movement was natural and easy, not at all awkward in regard to the grip. Knowledge truly is power, and by incoperating these new techniques, I feel like I am more efficiently building muscle. I till have a long way to go, but I have really embraced this bodybuildling, partially for lack anything else to do but whatever, It has become my focus and it is truly beinning to pay dividends. I can only imagine what I will look like 6 months from now, and that is a very powerful motivator. Mark my words, you will see this face on the cover of Mens Health.

Alke
10-08-2003, 07:43 PM
looks like you is doing good, but uhm.....maybe you can break up your paragraphs a bit, I get lost trying to read 15+ lines in a row LOL

furious
10-09-2003, 07:59 PM
Another excellent workout. I continue to make small gains, and yet it seems my chest stys small....arghhhhh. In any case, I have order some systenhance, so I am becoming something of a suppliment guniea pig. Hopefully this will aid in adding some inches to my chest, though nothing has been able to accomplish this so fr.

I am taking Kenn's advice and SPACING, so perhaps this will help people more esily understand my journal. I cut the volume a bit in my routine tonight, in hopes of stimulating possible growth. I feel as if I need to continue to change up things as much as possible.

I am considering scrpping decline bench totally and replacing it with flat on both workout days. Flat seems to hit more of my chest, and plus I can throw in superset with dumbbells.

Anything to shock my chest at this point, which I am hoping the systenhance will do. I am also considering a cycle of winny, but first I have to find out where to locate some. I am left with the dilemma of begging on the net, or befriending random meatheads at my gym at that may know where to come by some gear. Both are equally risky, but hell, ill figure something out.

I am posting my gains below

Incline bench:

235 5x= = 5lbs

Coke
10-10-2003, 08:20 AM
Really like the adjustments you are making - :thumbup:

go for it...I do 2-a-days too sometimes and it works very, very well if you have the time...you have good strengths bro, interested to see what will take place - ;)

furious
10-11-2003, 06:40 PM
Yo Yo Yo,

Been sort of lazy, but I am back for another update. This week hs been sort of icking my ass, so I split biceps/triceps in to 2 days (yesterday, and today), I assume the rest of my vast musculature could use an extra day of rest anyway.

Kept the same bicep routine I started on my 2aday, and it yielded great burn just as before. I think giving each part of my arm its own seperate workout will really help them grow, I feel so much fresh and stronger when I work them sepertely, and it does make a difference.

I also threw in some extra sets of forearm exercises, which included forearm curls over a bench, and reverse standing curls. These killed my forearms as well, so basically my arms were on fire.

Today was tricep day, and I threw in a bit of extra volume as it was my only part to work. I used reverse skull crushers, in conjunction with regular skull crushers, and it really worked the upper head of my tricep. I think ive found a really great new movement to add mass to my upper tricep head. Thew in pushdown superset with reverse close grip bench, and ended with some weighted dips. All in all, a very good workout which scorched my triceps.

I got a ****ty grade on a test today, and things havent been going so well with my girl, so I have been absolutley tearing the gym up. Thank god it gives me something else to focus on, otherwise i might be ripping something else apart, and we cant have that.tuttut

In any case, I just have to keep plugging away and telling myself tommorrow is a new day, I am worth it, blah blah. My systenhance arrives Monday, so I m excited about that. I am becoming something of a suppliment guinea pig, but it is fun experimenting.

Ill keep you posted.

furious
10-13-2003, 05:34 PM
Back for another installment. The last few days have been sort of hectic, as i have actually had tasks to complete, but that is only temporary. Today was shoulder/back 2aday, shoulders morning and back evening.

Just got home from the back portion, a workout I am particularily happy with. I am guilty of upping the volume so far in 2adays, but it seems to be working as my back really looks wider tonight. I have thrown in T-bar rows, which are by far the most effective movement I have experienced, as I actually "feel" the burn and movement, so Arnold was right once again;) I made gains on dumbbell rows, and pullups which I will post below, I am really forcing myself to up my weights in an attempt to grow. The only downside is the fact that my forearms hurt like crazy tonight for some unknown reason, perhaps a product of hte increased volume.

This mornings workout was fairly standard, though I also threw in a drop set with my dumbbell overheads which really fatigued my shoulders quickly. I find I am much quicker to tire in the mornings, though I suppose that would be the lack of food. In any case, good burn= good workout, so I am fairly pleased.

I am posting my gains below in my back workout. Tommorrow is chest, so I get ot sleep in a bit, yay!

Back gains:

Dumbell rows

100 8x= +5lbs'

100lbs 6x= +5lbs

100lbs 6x= +5lbs

Weighted pullups:

35lbs 8x= +5lbs

furious
10-14-2003, 06:41 PM
Well my systenhance arrived today. I promptly smeared it on my chest, and it itched as it dried in, so at least I know it was evoking some effect. My only question becomes, do I use it everyday or merely on the dy I work this bodypart? Hmmmmmmmm.

Worked my chest today to good effect, and with good gains. I moved in up in argueably the most influential exercises, in benchpress and incline dumbbells. Overall, It was a rather quick, yet very effective workout. My chest is slowly growing, and with this ystenhance I hope to add 1-2-3-4 inches during this bulk. The sky is the limit, as apparently my weight is at this point. I ask myself, when do I cut? One thing is certain, I have alot more mass to gain, and im looking foward to that.

Gains:

Incline dumbbels

115 6x= +5lbs

Benchpress superset

190 10x= 5 reps

210 6x= +10lbs

furious
10-16-2003, 10:41 AM
Hey,

Bicep/tricep workout yesterday, nothing special to report really. Alot of outside influences are tugging at me right now, but if one thing is to remain constant in my life, I am trying to make it my workouts. Lifting centers me, and it is the one unchaning prospect with which I can witness the physical results. Many things must change for me, but this must remain, and act as a rock which will sustin me through all turmoil. Thank god for the lifting, for sadly, it seems all I have at the moment.

cphafner
10-16-2003, 11:12 AM
Furious,

checking out your journal for the first time. Your lifts are impressive. What do you weigh, I couldn't guess based on your picture. Also where do u go to school in NYC? I grew up on the island and miss NYC with a passion.

furious
10-16-2003, 03:54 PM
Hey,

Thanks for the reply. To answer your question, I am 5'9 and started out at 140lbs, and I am currently 155lbs. My goal is 170, and then cut to 160-155lbs of mass.

NYC is great, though I know nobody so far and I am still trying to figure out how to remedy that But hey, if you can make it here, you can make it anywhere, as they say.

Alright people, today was leeeeeeggg day. I went in to the gym all depressed and down, but working my legs turned my frown upside down. Blah, anyway it really was a good workout, I keep noticing how much mass Ive added to my legs in particular, though they were rails before this bulk.

I seem to be adding weight quicker now, though I attribute this to the fact that I am working bodyparts ive never really emphasized before. My goal is 170 by decmber something, which is quite ambitious, but I seem to be gaining more rapidly on an entirely clean diet, which is partially because ive almost dropped cardio all together. A few more inches in my chest and I will be satisfied, my lats are realy beginning to sprout like wings and I am particularily pleased with this as well. I am striving for a dream here, and nothing will keep me from this furious bulk!

AH p.s: I attend St. Johns university in Manhattan, where I m majoring in Journalism. I am currently doing an internship at MSG sports network.

furious
10-18-2003, 07:56 PM
Hey,

Good workout tonight, short and sweet. I reached a new high in bench, and again cut volume with good results. I have notice that while the center of my chest is growing my outter pecs are under devloped and perhaps this is the reason they look smaller.

I need to come up with some exercises for the outter pecs in particular, as I feel they will help my entire chest look muh fuller. I am tired so this post is brief, but I am posting my gains. enjoy ;)

Incline bench:

235 2 sets 5 reps= +5lbs

furious
10-20-2003, 07:58 PM
Hey,

Ive been a bit lazy in updating this journal, but I blame that solely on the androgen I am taking! In regard to my androgen (systenhance), I must say I actually feel it on my muscles. I am not sure if it is the delivery system, or the androgen doing its work, but it burns in my muscles and they feel tender as a result. I am not sure if this is good or bad, but at least i know something is happening.

In regard to my workout, yesterday/today were bicep/tricep days respetively. Split them in to different days, because Sunday was sort of hetic, and I really didnt feel like waking up early.

Yesterday was great as usual. I am noticing my biceps becoming larger, and while I am sure the systenhance is having an effet, this new biep routine is really topping them off well. I am going to switch it up when I begin cutting in about 2 weeks to keep them fresh, but for now, they feel great.

Triceps are geting a bit stale unfortunatley. I have thrown in a few different exercises and supersets to work both heads, but I am not really seeing the growth that id like. I need to buy a new packpack for weighted pullups, as this one has ripped and any more weight would case it to brek completely. I am not liking the dip belt, it is awkward and it is hard to balance when doing dips. Hopefully I can find the money for a ne backpak before my cut, we will see.

In any case, I begin my cut in 2 weeks or November 1st. I need to design a top notch cutting diet, which will last for 6-8 weeks I am assuming. More on that later.

Alke
10-20-2003, 09:05 PM
>>Ive been a bit lazy in updating this journal, but I blame that solely on the androgen<<

androgen makes you lazy???

dude I sure wish you would get used to a belt for those weighted pullups, there are several kinds of belts and ways to attach a weight. that backpack theory is gonna get you hurt one day IMO

but yeah, PROPS on getting motivated and feeling arms get larger :thumbup: :thumbup:

good luck on your cut bro' those can be tough

furious
10-22-2003, 07:28 PM
Yo,

Leg day yesterday and chest today. I switched it up a bit for the hell of it, not really sure why.

Leg day was successful as always. I continue to make gains, on arguably the most important mass bulding exercises, leg pre and squats. I must say, of any workout, legs fatigues me the most. I am definetly sweating like a hog after every leg workout for some reason, and though they are usually shorter than most others, they really kill me. I notice I am always much quiker to break a sweat suring cardio after wards as well, though Im not sure why. Perhaps the legs area denser concentration of muscle mass, and therefore require more force. In any case, working legs is very much a love hate thing with me. I hate the the feeling of leg press and squats, yet they are turning my legs in to tree trunks, so thats a plus ;)

Chest was successful as well. I threw in a dumbbell superset, and made gains on overall lifts as well. I upped my flat bench, and I changed to a true dumbell fly superset, I was bending my arms previously, so my form was incorrect.

Cutting begins November 1st, so I am really trying to maximise my lifts and my eating, going out with a BANG as they say.. I have also come up with a diet, which is currently posted in the diet/nutrition forum for critique. Feel free to check it out. Hell is set to arrive soon. But its all for a positive purpose, or at least I tell myself this now.

Gains posted below:

Leg press:

650lbs 8x= + 20lbs

Squats:

310lbs= +35lbs

Chest:

Incline dumbells:
115lbs 6x= +5lbs

Flat Bench:

220lbs 6x= +5lbs

furious
10-25-2003, 07:40 PM
Damn I am getting lazy with this thing. For all of my loyal readers, I sincerely apologise. Here is the news, switched up my routine a bit again. I spread my bodypart days out a bit to accomadate my sleep, 2adays are killers. I had a bicep/back day, and gave shoulders, trieps, and biceps/forearms their own day in this cycle.

Back/Bicep was an partcularily interesting day. I have never worked these two together, and I worked biceps first. I actually did less volume in back, yet I found it fatigued easier for some reason, even though I was a bit weaker as my biceps were already worked. Felt really good, so I think varying up my workout days like that occasionally is quite beneficial, perhaps shocking them in to grwoth. Unfortuntley, that workout wasnt accompanied by much sleep the night after.

Tricep/forearms were less volume as well. I have had a lack of sleep latley, and I just didnt have the energy or the tolerance for the gym today. Didnt seem to affect my burn tho, and overall I felt it in my arms which is all you can ask from a workout really.

Shoulders was the first day of this split, and it was a really good workout. I made gains in shoulder press, and threw in military press, which killed my front delts. This was the best workout of the split and I feel like my shoulders are prticularily strong bodypart of mine.

My cut starts in aprox. 5 days, and I plan to eat like a pig between now and then. I really feel as if I am ready to cut tho, I am almost tired of being full all the time, and I miss runing. Getting lean has always been a natural inclination for me, and it will give me more time to concentrate on things other than eating, and sleeping, as seductive as they have become.

Gains:

Dumbbell shoulder press:

95lbs 6x= + 5lbs

IronCard 05
06-22-2005, 02:15 PM
start doing DL's on back day, atleast once every 2 weeks - they definatly add thickness. I'd also make ur leg day more intense because when u do legs hard your body releases HUGE amounts of Test. You NEED to be doing squats, heavy ones in the 12-6 rep range.