PDA

View Full Version : Cutting..

ennui
09-17-2003, 10:01 AM

bradley
09-17-2003, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by ennui
Diet: (i have not counted yet but im shooting for 2000-2500)

1. oats w/ 2whole eggs 16oz-Water
2. turkey/roastbeef/tuna on WW w/ mustard.. 16oz-Water
3. chicken breast w/ brown rice 16oz-Water
4. cocheese w/ ??? 16oz-Water
5. pork chop w/ mixed veggies 16oz-Water
6. ??? 16oz-Water

I would start with by taking in at least 2500 cals, and you can adjust as needed. It would be better to start a little high, than too low. The 2500 cals is just an estimate and ideally you should decrease your cals in small increments slowly over a couple of weeks until you are losing 1-2lbs. per week.

Food choices look fine IMO, although I think increasing your fat intake, more specifically essential fatty acids (fish oil, flaxseed oil, walnuts, salmon), would be beneficial. Shoot for ~25% of your daily cals from fat, and consume ~1g of protein per lb. of bw. The rest of your cals can come from low GI carbs, protein, or fat, and I would just play around with the macronutrient ratios and find what works best for you.

For meal 4 you could throw in some type of fruit with your cottage cheese, or maybe some sugar free jello. Although cottage cheese is a good meal in itself.:) Maybe more cottage cheese for meal 6 or some other source of slow digesting protein.

i have a huge tub of Whey Protien i dont know what to do with... I take one Centrum & a 1000MG VitC every morning, i would like to add some fish caps...

You can use the whey protein pre and/or post workout along with some high GI carbs (dextrose and/or maltodextrin).

bradley
09-18-2003, 02:42 AM
You can use a site like www.fitday.com to help you track your cals.

Macronutrients are protein, carbs, and fat (as well as alcohol), and the macronutrient ratio is just a way to determine the percentage of calories that each macronutrient contributes to your daily calorie total. Protein and carbs contain 4 calories per gram, fat contains 9 calories per gram, and alcohol contains 7 calories per gram.

Maybe that will help somewhat.:)