PDA

View Full Version : cottage cheese

Trent_Steel
09-18-2003, 01:37 PM
Im sitting here eatting a 400g pot of low fat cottage cheese, actually force feeding myself the stuff. I was just wondering how much you guys eat in one sitting cos 400g of low fat cottage chesse is hard work guys! :(

bradley
09-18-2003, 02:03 PM
I eat according to the amount of calories I need, and if you are having trouble getting 400g of cottage cheese down then you could switch to more calorie dense foods.

EdgarMex
09-18-2003, 02:06 PM
I usually eat only half cup, 3/4 cup max. I'm not very fond of cottage cheese.

Trent_Steel
09-18-2003, 02:17 PM
isnt calorie dense food full of saturated fat can you give me some examples, cheers

manowar669
09-18-2003, 02:22 PM
I eat a cup at a time, sometimes only a half a cup with other things. One of my daily meals is 1 cup cottage cheese, 1 slice whole wheat toast, 1 medium apple, 16 oz water.

bradley
09-18-2003, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Trent_Steel
isnt calorie dense food full of saturated fat can you give me some examples, cheers

Peanut butter, nuts, olive oil, etc. would all be high in healthy fats (low saturated fats), and would be an easy way to increase calorie intake.

Milk is also relatively calorie dense, as well as beans, sweet potatoes, etc.

Saint Patrick
09-18-2003, 03:52 PM
I eat 12-16 oz. before bed 3-4 days/week

David
09-18-2003, 06:14 PM
And I eat 1 serving of cottage cheese for breakfast and 2 servings with almonds and ketchup before going to bed.

:)

AndresC
09-18-2003, 07:07 PM
ketchup on cottage cheese? That's a first. I tryed it w/ chocolate syrup once. lol, long story.

David
09-18-2003, 07:34 PM
Yes, that's right.

Actually I eat ketchup with cottage cheese on the side.

Same with chicken and tuna. Sometimes I'll even marinate the chicken breasts using a whole bottle of ketchup because I love it so much. I prefer Hunt's over Heinz.

:)

defcon
09-19-2003, 05:06 AM
I eat 2 cups before bed while bulking, and 1 cup while cutting, maybe a lil less if im going to the beach or sumthing the next day, fear of bloating ect. but if you find it hard to eat, try to put a lil hot sauce ( tabasco, franks red hot ) and mix it in
takes the taste away..
but personally i like tha **** :)

GusGus13
09-19-2003, 08:22 AM
I just eat one cup everyday for lunch with grapes and cantalopes. But I eat the fat free only. Im only looking for the protein only in cottage.
I haven't tried before bed yet. I ususally have a proetin shake before bed.

defcon
09-19-2003, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by GusGus13
I just eat one cup everyday for lunch with grapes and cantalopes. But I eat the fat free only. Im only looking for the protein only in cottage.
I haven't tried before bed yet. I ususally have a proetin shake before bed.

Check the ingredients in your fat free cottage cheese, they usually ad bad bad stuff in those.. ive seen many fat free chesees with dextrose and stuff in them.. i dun believe you want to be spiking your insulin before bed now do you? :)

GusGus13
09-19-2003, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by defcon

Check the ingredients in your fat free cottage cheese, they usually ad bad bad stuff in those.. ive seen many fat free chesees with dextrose and stuff in them.. i dun believe you want to be spiking your insulin before bed now do you? :)

I thought dextose is good for you. Is spiking your insulin before u go to bad for you???

defcon
09-19-2003, 10:17 AM
dextrose is pure suger.. its only good for you after a workout when you WANT to spike your insulin.. substances such as dextrose is why america is fat :) cuz they spike their insulin every meal of the day! Crazyness.

GusGus13
09-19-2003, 10:19 AM
Thanks I'll check up to see my cheese is loaded with sugars.

defcon
09-19-2003, 10:20 AM
if the company got a website, go there and they should list the ingredients.. post that on the board and sumone elike bradely would beable to explain things a hella lot better then me ( if your are smart enough to unerstand him that is :) )

jinxx
09-19-2003, 12:48 PM
DAMN

Cottage cheese is some nasty shiat.

I never really ate it before in my diet but since I read a lot about it (it's clean food, high in protein, low in carbs) I thought "let's add in some cheese for some variety in my diet. Couldn't get it through my throat though...lol

bradley
09-19-2003, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by defcon

I have never seen cottage cheese with dextrose, and most, if not all of the sugar contained in the cottage cheese would be from lactose.

bradley
09-19-2003, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by GusGus13

I thought dextose is good for you. Is spiking your insulin before u go to bad for you???

Save the simple sugars for pre/post workout, and the rest of the day go with low GI carbs. I would not worry too much about cottage cheese causing an insulin spike.:)

Trent_Steel
09-20-2003, 01:05 PM
How does cottage cheese sit in the stomach, I mean even though its low in fat, I dont see much fiber in there.
Would you suggest adding some high fiber crakers to the cottage cheese.

Cheers!

bradley
09-20-2003, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Trent_Steel
How does cottage cheese sit in the stomach, I mean even though its low in fat, I dont see much fiber in there.
Would you suggest adding some high fiber crakers to the cottage cheese.

Cheers!

Cottage cheese is composed primarily of casein protein, which form a "clot" in the stomach, hence the slow digesting nature of the protein.