PDA

View Full Version : sugar

johnny123
09-18-2003, 02:11 PM
lets say i cut 50-70 grams of sugar from my diet, and replace it with fat, protein, and even non sugar carbs.

will doing that, yet keeping my cals the same have a positive impact on me? the sugar i eat at work has me going up and down, and im just tired of feeling tired.

also, can it have a positive effect as far as body fat levels? im sure it wouldnt be a huge difference, but positive nonetheless.

bradley
09-18-2003, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by johnny123
lets say i cut 50-70 grams of sugar from my diet, and replace it with fat, protein, and even non sugar carbs.

will doing that, yet keeping my cals the same have a positive impact on me? the sugar i eat at work has me going up and down, and im just tired of feeling tired.

It would probably cause a more balanced energy level (decreased lethargy), and reduce swings in blood sugar, which would have a positive impact on appetite.

also, can it have a positive effect as far as body fat levels? im sure it wouldnt be a huge difference, but positive nonetheless.

Not really, as total calories will be the main determining factor as to whether or not you lose/gain weight.