PDA

View Full Version : Morning Cardio on Empty Stomach

YatesNightBlade
09-03-2001, 07:46 AM
Alot of you guys say Bad.

WHY ?????

I've spoken to a number of bodybuilders, in my time who come in at contest time shredded. They all swear by it. Even Dorian recommends it as a superior method of burning fat. (and look at his condition).

So how much muscle do you lose in comparision to fat ???

Hot Shot
09-03-2001, 11:47 AM
i've done it for about 2 months (5 days a week 45 minutes of stair master) i lost a lot of fat compare to muscle my arms size stayed the same but i lost an inch on my quads but the main thing that bug me the most is my lack of energy in my evening weight workout

Cackerot69
09-03-2001, 01:09 PM
Drugs will play a large role here. Try asking a natural guy who's less then 8%.

But, the reason it's bad is because when the liver is depleted of glucose it breaks down muscle to saturate itself.

heathj
09-03-2001, 01:31 PM
*Looks at Belial.

Alex.V
09-03-2001, 01:35 PM
*shrugs*

Don't do much cardio. :D

From the other standpoint, I agree with cack. For a natty, running while in a mildly catabolic state = muscle loss; or at least, an undesirable ratio.

Sayiajin Prince
09-03-2001, 03:17 PM
i tried one time doing weights in the morning on an empty stomach, and then taking ur protien ASAP rite after ur done, does anyone have something against that?

Budiak
09-03-2001, 03:21 PM
I've been dropping fat readily with little cardio. Maybe I go on a 30 minute walk three times a week, but its always at a different time in the day. I used to wake up and be on the nordic trac in an instant, but I'm in much better shape now. All it did to me was wake me up.

Ronan
09-03-2001, 03:57 PM
I prefer my cardio before meal 1 in the morning but now for different reasons. It wakes me up nicely, kick starts my discipline for the day and I perfom cardio much better on a fully empty stomach. But during the actual cardio itself minimal fat is being burned compared to afterwards the the overall effect it will have on the metabolism is why it is effective. So doing cardio on a fully empty stomach will not increase your metabolism any more than doing it a couple of hours after a meal.

The reason morning cardio is effective though is becasue when you wake up your metabolism is at its slowest period of the day and needs to be 'kick started'. As perserving muscle is paramount to you I feel its best to consume a easily digested meal(mrp) about 2hrs prior to the cardio(this means waking your self up to have a shake)

Wide Guy
09-04-2001, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by Sayiajin Prince
i tried one time doing weights in the morning on an empty stomach, and then taking ur protien ASAP rite after ur done, does anyone have something against that? I do this because I don't have time in the morning to eat breakfast and wait for it to be digested and I dont like to lift on a full stomach.

Opinions?

Joe Black
09-04-2001, 02:45 AM
Surely its dangerous to lift on an empty stomach after sleeping..

How often would you not eat 8 hours b4 training?

Do you really think you have sufficienmt energy to train with the high intensity you should be?

beercan
09-04-2001, 05:39 AM
Originally posted by Cackerot69
. Try asking a natural guy who's less then 8%.

OK. I did it to get less than 8%. So have my friends who competed naturally in the superbody. :)

You lose muscle while dieting too cack. It's just part of the game.

chris mason
09-04-2001, 06:44 AM
Of course you could always not do cardio at all, or limit your cardio. Yates, I think that this thread is another one of those brain damage threads. Exactly when you perform your cardio is not going to have a dramatic effect on the results you get. If you are going to do it, the timing is much less important than the action of just doing it. So, do it when your schedule permits and don't sweat the small stuff. Heck, worrying about things like this is probably a bigger deal than the question itself. Stress releases hormones which will cause bloating etc., and training is a stress, so you have plenty of stress, so you need to try to reduce the rest of the stress in your life.....

Tryska
09-04-2001, 06:48 AM
Originally posted by chris mason
Stress releases hormones which will cause bloating etc., and training is a stress, so you have plenty of stress, so you need to try to reduce the rest of the stress in your life.....

hey chris? would that explain why i feel bloated after doing an intense cardio session? cortisol response?

Cackerot69
09-04-2001, 06:52 AM
You can prevent it though, beercan. Albeit not completely, but you can prevent quite a bit of muscle loss by avoiding things like morning cardio. Planning.

chris mason
09-04-2001, 06:53 AM
Yes, I think it could be a factor.

YatesNightBlade
09-06-2001, 02:18 AM
OK thanks Chris. Stess relif it is. Time to ditch the b!tch.

YatesNightBlade
09-06-2001, 02:24 AM
Originally posted by Cackerot69
Drugs will play a large role here.

How's that then ??