PDA

View Full Version : Cardio while bulking?

big
09-03-2001, 09:49 AM
So what do you all think about it? I go to the gym 4 times a week, and i now do cardio twice a week. And it aint no 15 interval, more like 40-50 run. I dont really run to keep bf down, i just get bored not doing anything, and i like running.

My diet lasted for 1 week *lol* i change my mind alot :) , the reason is i took some photos in feb and some in may. I got them developed today. I look twice as big, and probably less bf. So instead of getting my bf down im gonna focus on getting my bench/squat/DL up.

syntekz
09-03-2001, 10:12 AM
If you like doing cardio than do it. Doing cardio twice a week isn't going to hurt you that much as far as gaining weight.

You need that cardio to keep your heart conditioned anyway. But, there are lots of bodybuilders who don't even touch a treadmill or bike machine who get down to 3 or 4%BF; it's all about diet.

Wizard
09-04-2001, 01:36 PM
Doing some cardio while bulking will help you to look more vascular.
However it's not essential.

syntekz
09-04-2001, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Blackalpha
Doing some cardio while bulking will help you to look more vascular.
However it's not essential.

Can I ask you why that is? Because if it's true I might have to start doing cardio again.

Cackerot69
09-04-2001, 01:45 PM
Cardio and aerobic-like training (very high rep) cause capillaries to grow, whether or not the effect would be noticeable depend on your bodyfat % and genetics...so I really don't think it would help when bulking.

syntekz
09-04-2001, 01:50 PM
Is there a cut off for the bodyfat %? Or is that mostly genetics as well?

09-04-2001, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Cackerot69
Cardio and aerobic-like training (very high rep) cause capillaries to grow, whether or not the effect would be noticeable depend on your bodyfat % and genetics...so I really don't think it would help when bulking.

Cack, is the growth of capillaries and veins long-term or is it only like a pump you are talking about?

Say <10% would this change in size really be noticeable for someone who does cardio?

PowerManDL
09-04-2001, 03:09 PM
Capillarization is a long-term thing, not at all like the pump. To get the full benefit of this effect, you need to train that way for around 7-8 weeks, as the newly forming capillaries won't open before that time. The use of this technique while bulking can be applied, but you'll have to take into account the extra calories being burned.

Cackerot69
09-04-2001, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by PowerManDL
Capillarization is a long-term thing, not at all like the pump. To get the full benefit of this effect, you need to train that way for around 7-8 weeks, as the newly forming capillaries won't open before that time. The use of this technique while bulking can be applied, but you'll have to take into account the extra calories being burned.

:)

DaChickenShowYo
09-04-2001, 06:37 PM
Its great. It'll make you a better athelete, and probably even help your lifting, as long as its not long distance stuff. My favorite forms are sprinting, biking, and rock climbing. Just make sure you eat ALOT!