PDA

View Full Version : Bulking, what carbs to eat?

kwx1
09-03-2001, 01:46 PM
Hey guys/ladies,

Starting my bulking diet tomorrow, going food shopping today. I'm wondering what low GI carbs I should be eating throughout the day during this bulking phase. I'm not one who needs variety in his meals, so if it's pasta all day or oatmeal all day, I really don't care.

If anyone can give me some options or just a specific diet, I'll follow it without a problem.

And I do realize a high GI carb meal post-workout is ideal.

Thanks

Cackerot69
09-03-2001, 01:48 PM
Don't worry so much about it, just eat your carbs and try to stay away from carbs with high potential for fat storage, such as fructose, lactose, and high carb and high fat foods.

Budiak
09-03-2001, 03:00 PM
Whole wheat or organic breads (if you can get it, I love "Alvarado street bakery" products), whole wheat tortillas, Like La Tortilla Factory whole wheat tortillas, oatmeal, beans.

Are you susceptible to carbs? I'm pretty sensitive to them, so I can only eat very modest amounts of pasta and potatoes, but they're great carb sources.

Big Show
09-03-2001, 03:21 PM
Good carb rich foods to eat when wanting to put on size are

Bread_white or Whole wheat
Rice_ White or brown
Pasta
Potatoes
Oatmeal
Some form of simple carbs for the all important post workout shake

littleman69
09-04-2001, 08:33 AM
i save high gi for post workout (maltodextrin and whey).
i go low gi the rest , like oatmeal, brown rice, whole wheat bread etc.

Wizard
09-04-2001, 01:29 PM
If you are a hardgainer you are able to eat any carb you want.Witherway,you'll have to consume more complex carbs and avoid the carbs that Cack mentioned before.

SNAKE`80
09-07-2001, 09:09 AM
Big Show summed it up.