PDA

View Full Version : 5 Year Anniversary

W8_4_Me
09-23-2003, 12:12 PM
The end of this month marks the end of the 5th year of my rennaissance. I haven't posted any pix in awhile, so here are some new ones.

Remember: 40 isn't fatal.

W8_4_Me
09-23-2003, 12:13 PM
2 0f 5

W8_4_Me
09-23-2003, 12:14 PM
3 0f 5

W8_4_Me
09-23-2003, 12:14 PM

W8_4_Me
09-23-2003, 12:15 PM
...and finally:

W8_4_Me
09-23-2003, 12:17 PM
I feel like I have come pretty far and I have a good many of you to thank for it. While I often go kicking and screaming, I do learn a ton from the posters on this site.

Thanks for the inspiration.

WillKuenzel
09-23-2003, 12:19 PM
Your legs and arms are by far your best bodyparts. Especially your legs. I guess that Smith machine does work. ;)

Chest might need a bit more work to match your arms and shoulders. How about a rear lat spread?

You still looking to compete sometime soon?

dubliner
09-23-2003, 12:28 PM
damn your a big fella, you look like you can handle yourself in a fight.your big but not huge like it would slow you down.and your 40, !.This is why i come on this site, for inspiration.
well ****in done

Reinier
09-23-2003, 12:29 PM
Your looking good in general, and phenominal for being the age you are.

Your leaner than last time you posted pics arent you>?

vocalmaster
09-23-2003, 12:43 PM
Looking awesome! Your legs are huge. You're right, 40 isn't fatal by a long shot.

Hey, you look like you may be about my size, what are your measurements? I'm especially curious about your leg measurements. Thanks. Keep up the awesome work!

SoulOfKoRea
09-23-2003, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by HomeYield
Your legs and arms are by far your best bodyparts. Especially your legs.

yeah I'd agree, you're thick as hell but with seperation, it's unique?

W8_4_Me
09-23-2003, 01:34 PM
Your legs and arms are by far your best bodyparts. Especially your legs. I guess that Smith machine does work. ;)

Chest might need a bit more work to match your arms and shoulders. How about a rear lat spread?

You still looking to compete sometime soon?

Thanks, HY... I like to train legs best of all. Smith machines are NOT of the devil, see? ;)

There is a competion in November I might try and diet for... Musclemania, I think it is, I'm unsure.

I met a BB'er at Adventure Island on Sunday who placed 3rd in the Hurricane Bay comp, heavyweight div. Damn, was he RIPPED! Couldn't believe he only placed 3rd!

W8_4_Me
09-23-2003, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by dubliner
damn your a big fella, you look like you can handle yourself in a fight.your big but not huge like it would slow you down.and your 40, !.This is why i come on this site, for inspiration.
well ****in done

ty... I test for my black belt in Oct. Yeah, I feel like I could handle myself.

WillKuenzel
09-23-2003, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by W8_4_Me
Thanks, HY... I like to train legs best of all. Smith machines are NOT of the devil, see? ;) Hehe.. :thumbup: They really are ripped up in comparison to your upper body. Might just be the light or something but that's fairly odd. How's the hamstring separation? Looks like it might be pretty good too.

There is a competion in November I might try and diet for... Musclemania, I think it is, I'm unsure.

No kidding? There's a guy at my gym training for that right now! He has family that live down there and might have actually lived down there himself at one point. He made it sound like it'd be a good show. I don't think its NPC, so it might be a more natural show or at least have less juice monsters than an NPC show.

W8_4_Me
09-23-2003, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Reinier
Your looking good in general, and phenominal for being the age you are.

Your leaner than last time you posted pics arent you>?

Ty, Reinier... yes, leaner... I am doing a ton of martial arts. Best decision I ever made. It is cardio deluxe! Testing for black belt in Oct, took an assitant instructor course over the summer, and after I get that black belt, I can take the certified instructor course.

for anyone who is interested: www.shimshindo.com

vocalmaster-

I'm 5' 8" tall, 205 lbs...

Neck: 17.5
Chest: 48
Waist: 33
Arms: 17.5
Thighs: 25
Calves: 17

W8_4_Me
09-23-2003, 01:51 PM
Hehe.. :thumbup: They really are ripped up in comparison to your upper body. Might just be the light or something but that's fairly odd. How's the hamstring separation? Looks like it might be pretty good too.

It's possible. I work legs hardest of all. Separation is real good with rear leg. Legs are def. my best feature. Weak point... back.

No kidding? There's a guy at my gym training for that right now! He has family that live down there and might have actually lived down there himself at one point. He made it sound like it'd be a good show. I don't think its NPC, so it might be a more natural show or at least have less juice monsters than an NPC show.

I read about it in Natural Muscle and I think that MAY be the only one left around here this season.

I have my own self doubts as to whether or not I can diet down far enough.... but in my age group (Masters), how many competitors will there be? I think they avg around 5 or so. I just wanted to do one to commemorate turning 40. I can't afford a flashy red sports car, so this is how I am choosing to deal with my mid life crisis!

WillKuenzel
09-23-2003, 02:02 PM
If it keeps to the same as those around here, there shouldn't be more than 5 or 6 in the weight classes combined. Your area might have a bit more but its still very likely that you'll still be able to do your evening routine. :)

If its at the end of November then you might still have some time. I like to leave a bit more room but even still, if you are lean, you shouldnt' have to diet too much. Maybe just increase the cardio a bit and have at it. Get ya some red flashy posing trunks instead of the car.

W8_4_Me
09-23-2003, 02:11 PM
It's an insecurity thing.

WillKuenzel
09-23-2003, 02:36 PM
Then just suck it up. :)

I'm getting ready to do my first one in 4 days. Just got to get in there and do it.

Wikked1
09-23-2003, 02:45 PM
I can't afford a flashy red sports car, so this is how I am choosing to deal with my mid life crisis! I think you made the better choice! props to you dude.....you're looking thick!

Mik
09-23-2003, 02:48 PM
Lookin' real solid bro. Those legs are awesome.........someday I'll have wheels like that. You do look leaner than the last pics I saw. Keep up the great work!

vocalmaster
09-23-2003, 03:49 PM
Yes, glad to hear those legs are a product of a Smith machine. The gym I go to is owned by my employer and free, so that's where I train. There are'nt any squat racks or free standing weight racks but they have a Smith machine, so that's how I have to do squats. So, if the Smith machine will give me legs like yours, great!

steveo
09-23-2003, 04:58 PM
Legs have gotten a lot better . I wish I had those trunks

David
09-23-2003, 05:26 PM
Is that your jeep in the background?

:D

And your wheels look bigger than the jeep's. lol

:nod:

W8_4_Me
09-23-2003, 06:41 PM
Thanks for all the encouraging remarks! They are very much appreciated!

vocalmaster...

My leg workout = smith squats, supersets of leg press, leg curls, leg extensions, then supersets of standing calf raises and seated calf raises.

TripleP-

Yeah, that'smy old, beat up Jeep in the background... I used to try and blur it out in older pics, but didn't bother to this time.

chris mason
09-23-2003, 07:18 PM
You look good W8!

rookiebldr
09-23-2003, 08:21 PM
I just wanted to do one to commemorate turning 40. I can't afford a flashy red sports car, so this is how I am choosing to deal with my mid life crisis!

That is so cool. I wish I had started before I was 40 so I could do the same thing. Instead, just working out is helping me deal with my mid-life crisis.

Great progress and keep up the awesome work.

vocalmaster
09-24-2003, 08:03 AM
Thanks for posting your leg workout W8. I just might try that SS routine with my leg workout.

W8_4_Me
09-24-2003, 09:41 AM
Always happy to share, vocalmaster!

Scott S
09-24-2003, 10:10 AM
Nice work, W8! You know, John Grimek won Mr USA when he was 39, so age truly isn't everything. At 23, I've still got a lot of work to look as good as you are now. :thumbup:

I just wonder what your neighbors think..."WTF, he's taking pictures of himself in the driveway again!" :p

W8_4_Me
09-24-2003, 11:46 AM
LMAO! I have always wondered that, myself.

I work from home, my gym stuff's at home, and I normally work out when most of the neighborhood has gone to their 9 - 5 jobs, I suspect.

I am sure they think I'm a freak anyway... you should see how much martial arts stuff I do in the driveway. In between each set or superset, I am practicing my forms (katas) and various combinations...

I'm sure it looks pretty weird! I gotta train sometime, though, right?

Currently, I think I am the only one in the neighborhood who works out at home and thereare probably only 4 or 5 men here who actually go to a gym. That's pretty sad if you consider that there are 73 houses on this loop.

All in all, I'd say I work out for about 2 hours in the morning and another hour in the evening.

Oh, those wacky neighbors!

Bam Bam
09-26-2003, 11:17 AM

ty... I test for my black belt in Oct. Yeah, I feel like I could handle myself.

bahhh i would kick your but grandpa :p

looking good as always timmay

W8_4_Me
09-26-2003, 01:33 PM
You may be right, Bamma-lamma... that wacky fighting YOU do... ;)

Saint Patrick
11-03-2003, 12:50 AM
Lookin awesome man.

Dedicated
11-03-2003, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by Scott S

I just wonder what your neighbors think..."WTF, he's taking pictures of himself in the driveway again!" :p
ROFL yea.

Man you don't look 40 dude, I hope I look like you when i'm 40 hehe.

W8_4_Me
01-07-2004, 06:14 PM
I wanted to bump this back in case some of the newer people might want to become acquainted.

I havenít taken any new pics of late, but still look like this.

I DID manage to get my black belt in December after 11 months of intensive martial arts training (see pic). Iím WAY proud of that!

Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season and hereís to a Happy New Year!