PDA

View Full Version : How Diana Got Her Groove Back

Pages : [1] 2 3

xraygirl
07-30-2001, 07:33 PM
Today was lower-body day. I would post poundages, but there are enough jokes around this forum to keep people laughing...

Warmed up with 3 sets of 20 walking lunges. Did 3 sets of 15 for the following:
SLDL's
Leg Press
Did 3 sets of 20 of the following:
Leg Extensions
Leg Curls
Standing Calves

Notes:
Some big Marine kinda took over the Squat Rack and Seated Calve machines, so I'll have to do those instead of cardio this afternoon. :mad: Went up in pounds on everything except the leg press. :cool: The Body Master Leg Press is just not my friend.
Am in the process of switching up my workout plan. Thinking of going with a separate day for arms and shoulders, then doing chest, back and calves together.

Update: The squat racks were all taken so I went ahead and did 3x15 @ the seated calve, 3x10 hanging leg raises and 30 min. cardio. That is all...thank you and good night...

D.

Maki Riddington
07-30-2001, 07:46 PM
I'll be your number one supporter.:D

xraygirl
07-30-2001, 08:49 PM
Thanks! Or rather...arigato gozaimas :)

xraygirl
08-01-2001, 08:54 PM
Did chest and back, 3x10 of the following:
Incline DB Press
Flat Flyes
Pulldown
Seated Rows
3x15 lying leg raises, ran for 10 min. on the treadmill.
Will do stairmaster and cable crunches when I get off work.

PM Update: 30 min. on the evil stairmaster, went ahead and did arms & shoulders since I was feeling energetic or something. 3x10 of the following:
Cable Lateral Raises
DB Presses
Rear Flyes
Incline Bicep Curls
Concentration Curls
DB Overhead Triceps
Rope Press-Downs
Then...3x30 cable crunches

I'll probably feel like a med school cadaver tomorrow morning, but that's just the way it is. I was slacking and now I refuse to anymore. So there!

D.

xraygirl
08-03-2001, 02:59 AM
Well, I waaay overtrained today, but I needed to shock my lower body. So here it is...
3x15 of everything except the walking lunges. That was 3x25
squats, SLDL's, leg extensions, leg curls, leg presses, hyperextensions, seated calves and standing calves.
My legs felt like noodles after all this. Cardio did not happen. Putting together a new workout this weekend.

D.

xraygirl
08-05-2001, 04:46 PM
New week and start of my new split. Today was chest, back, calves.
Chest-flat DB presses, incline flyes, pec-dek 3x10
Went up in wt since I've moved to the 8-10 rep range. I was going with 12-15 previously
Back-Pull-downs, seated rows, and straight-arm pull-downs. 3x10
This was the first time I did the straight arm pulls.
Calves-standing and seated calve raises. 3x15
No cardio today. Have to pay bills during my lunch hour instead (priorities...) so I'm doing it tomorrow morning.

D.

Spiderman
08-06-2001, 09:23 AM
I can't let Maki be the only one...I'll be another number 1 supporter. ;)

xraygirl
08-06-2001, 05:10 PM
Well, no cardio this morning. Still sporting residuals of last Friday's overtraining episode. Should be fine by tomorrow since It will be leg and butt day again...groan
Thanks guys for the support! :)
D

Maki Riddington
08-06-2001, 05:30 PM
Two's a crowd, bugger off Spidey:)

Cackerot69
08-06-2001, 05:33 PM
Haha, I'll be here if Maki dies of alcohol poisoning.

xraygirl
08-08-2001, 05:09 PM
Quads, Hams, Glutes
3x15 of everything. Squats, SLDL's, Leg Presses, Leg Ext and Leg Curl. Went up on Extension, Squat (yeah!), and SLDL's. Was excited about the increase in squat weight.
Tomorrow is shoulder, bi, tri day :)

D.

xraygirl
08-09-2001, 09:11 PM
Arms & shoulders: 3x10 of the following...
Shoulders-lateral raises (used DB's since the same marine that got in the way of my leg workout last week, was on the cables), DB overhead presses and rear delt flyes
Biceps-Hammer and concentration curls
Triceps-DB overhead presses and kick-backs

Ran on treadmill for 20 min and beat a hasty retreat...

D.

xraygirl
08-12-2001, 07:03 PM
Chest and Back day! Yesterday was the Far East Bodybuilding comp and a few of the peeps who work out when I do competed. The gym was a madhouse this morning! This person leaned out too much, that one didn't enough, this one just doesn't have what it takes, etc... Somehow, I managed to get my workout done amidst all the excitement.

3x10 of the following:
Flat DB Bench, Incline Flyes, Pec-dek, Seated Rows, Pull-downs (used close grip for the 1st time), and Straight arm press-downs.

2x15 lying leg raises & 2x15 hanging leg raises

Gonna do calves and cardio @ lunch.

Update: Spent 30 min. in Stairmaster Hell :rolleyes: 3x15 standing and seated calves.
After I got done with standing calves, some guy came up to me and asked if he could trade calves with me. :D

D

xraygirl
08-13-2001, 09:27 PM
Cardio & abs (kinda): 30 min. in stairmaster hell. Did 10 floors less than yesterday, but I really didn't expect to do as well since I did 30 min. yesterday. Trying to work back up. My cardio will be strictly stairmaster and running for the next few months because my annual fitness assessment is in Dec and I have a reputation to uphold. :D
Did (get a load of this...) 3x50 cable crunches. Definitely time to move the weight up on that. :cool:

:mad: Now for the "Things That Make Diana's Life One Long Weekend In Hell portion of the post :mad:
I started to diet yesterday. I hate dieting! It's a 4-letter-word for one and it starts with the word die for petes sake! It's basically a low-key not a BB cutting diet, but still, it cramps my style. Okay, I'll stop bitching now...

Tomorrow is Leg Day! I like leg day :)

D.

xraygirl
08-14-2001, 06:17 PM
Legs & Butt: Warmed up with 3x20 walking lunges sans db's (whaddya expect at 4:00 a.m.?) then did 3x15 of everything else.
Squats, Leg press, SLDL's, Leg Ext, Leg Curl, Weighted Hyperextensions

Observations: My lower body workouts are not as effective at 4:00 as they are at about, say...noon. Maybe it's the age thang. Also, the body-master's leg press may have to go. They have a hack-squat machine that I may try instead.

Diet's still there. Just holding out till Saturday, then I'll be able to eat all day. Then back to the grind on Sunday.

D.

xraygirl
08-15-2001, 09:33 PM
It was cardio and cable crunch day. The stairmaster again. I measure my progress by how many floors I can haul myself up in 30 min. and today was a jump. 140 floors. Monday was 135 and Tues was 122. My goal is about 190. Then the ergo test in Dec will be a mere cake-walk. It will also give my legs outstanding definition, always a good thing :)
Moved up to 100# on the cable crunch...3x30.

Diet notes: My attitude about the diet is improving because when I eat fewer carbs, I'm less sluggish. Also, my carb cravings are reducing. What I'm doing is eating 1 small serving of starchy carbs and fruits with my 1st 3 meals, then cutting them out for the rest of the day and living on fresh vegs and protein for the next 3 meals. This goes on from Sun-Fri with Sat being my cheat day. I'm pretty liberal with my protein and veggie intake, but measure those starches.

If anyone has any imput, advice, etc...jump on in. I'll take good advice.

D.

xraygirl
08-16-2001, 08:32 PM
Did most of my Bi-Tri-Shoulder workout on cables today.
1x15, 1x12, 1x10 (trying to bring up poundages)
Side Lateral Raise, Front Raise, Rear delt Flyes
Cable Bi Curls, Zottmans (did negatives on the Cable Curls)
DB Overhead Raises, Rope Pressdowns (negatives on these too)

Traditional Crunches, 30 min. stairmaster and I was outta there!

D.

Maki Riddington
08-17-2001, 09:15 AM
If you can, to speed up the process eat your last meal 4 hours before bedtime. Make sure your last meal is a mix of casein/whey.
I would say 70/30 % ratio.

xraygirl
08-17-2001, 05:34 PM
Will I need to take some Lactaid with this since I'm lactose intolerant? Don't want to drive Mr. xraygirl out of the house quite yet :D.

D.

xraygirl
08-19-2001, 05:13 PM
The word for today is sciatica. Down the right side of my body. The stair-master may not happen today... Got up and did my 4:00a.m. lifting. Chest and back.

3x10 of the following:
Flat DB Bench, Flyes, Pec-Dek
Seated Rows, Pull-downs, Straight-Arm Pressdowns
3x20-lying leg raises

Notes: Went up on Pec-Dec, Seated Rows, Pull-downs. Did the pulldowns with a narrow grip and palms facing each other. Completely different feel. Ran 2 miles on Saturday and did nothing workout-wise yesterday.
Cut out sodas Mon-Fri as of today and back on the diet for the week. Saturday was a carb-frenzy. I put the "p" in pig :) But, yesterday, was no where near as bad.

D.

xraygirl
08-20-2001, 06:59 PM
Cardio-30 min on 'da stairmaster and the usual cable crunches. Would have done more but I was seriously crunched for time :mad:

Notes: 143 floors, making progress there :) 100# on the crunches. Forgot to work calves yesterday so I'll have to do them tomorrow during lunch.
Diet is coming along...

D.

xraygirl
08-21-2001, 09:18 PM
Did legs this morning. Was there earlier than usual because one of my darling children *cough* messed up my alarm clock so I thought that it was 4 when it was really 3:30. Love dem kids :rolleyes:
Walking lunge warm-up
Squats-2x20, 1x15, 1x10
SLDL's-1x20, 2x15, 1x10
Lying Leg Press-4x15
Leg Extensions-1x15, 3x10 (weak)
Leg Curls-4x15
Standing and Seated Calves-4x15

Notes: Been having problems with Leg Extensions since late last year but that seems to be slowly improving. Back no longer hurts when doing Standing Calve @ 120#... it's about time! Time to go up in # on Seated Calve. Hope to get cardio in this p.m. but not holding my breath...

D.

PowerManDL
08-21-2001, 11:49 PM
*does a drunken jig in xraygirl's journal just for the hell of it*

:alcoholic :alcoholic :alcoholic :alcoholic :alcoholic :alcoholic

Maki Riddington
08-22-2001, 12:02 AM
Get lost she's mine.

PowerManDL
08-22-2001, 12:05 AM
Don't make me pull out the bottle of Wild Turkey, Maki. I'll do it.

xraygirl
08-22-2001, 07:32 PM
You guys are too funny! And Maki, you never answered my question about the lactose in whey/cassein protein... :mad:
Was planning on doing cardio this morning. But thanks to yesterday's workout, my lower body didn't want to cooperate. So tomorrow, cardio, shoulders and arms.
Diet's still here...haven't blown it yet :D
Dat's all folks!

Maki Riddington
08-22-2001, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by xraygirl
Will I need to take some Lactaid with this since I'm lactose intolerant? Don't want to drive Mr. xraygirl out of the house quite yet :D.

D.

*** Sorry Xsweetie, I never saw the question.
Yes you will need to take it depending on severe your intolerance is. My roomy is intolerant as well and a glass of milk will give him gas for the rest of the night.:eek:

xraygirl
08-26-2001, 04:44 PM
Thanks for the info Maki ;)
Had to switch up the order of my workouts because I start school again tomorrow night. This means that I'll be lifting on Mon, Tues and Thurs. Can't do legs on Tues because the Marine E-9 takes over all the leg equip on that day, so legs are now on Mon.

Warmed up with some sissy squats (the lunges got old...), then did 3x15 of everything.
Squats, Leg Ext, SLDL, Leg Curl, Seated Calve, Standing Calves

Update: 30 min. StairMaster, 3x15 Leg Press

Notes: Been working at past-parallel squats and have made much improvement on that. Almost down to the bottom on this :cool: Saving the leg press till lunch hour since the one at Courtney gym is just not right for my anatomy or something...
Tried the Hammer-Strength Deadlift machine this a.m. Puts too much strain at L5-S1 for my taste so I will not be doing that again. Diet's still here...and dats all for now...

D.

xraygirl
08-27-2001, 07:00 PM
Feeling kinda under the weather today. Could be either allergies or some kind of bug. Didn't let it effect my workout though.

Chest-Incline DB Bench, Flat Flyes, Pec-Dek
Back-Seated Rows, Pull-downs, Straight-Arm Pressdowns (?)

Notes: Have stalled out on poundages so I'm doing the reps super slowly right now. Milking those puppies for what they're worth. After a couple of weeks, the poundages should start moving up again. We'll see...

D.

xraygirl
08-30-2001, 06:01 PM
Yesterday's workout was shoulders and arms. did 3x10 of the following.
Shoulders-DBLateral Raises, Arnold Press, Rear Delt Flyes
Biceps-DB Curls, Concentration Curls
Triceps-Single-Arm Overhead Presses, Single-Arm Cable Pressdowns.
3 sets of Cable Crunches and 30 min on the StairMaster.

Notes: It was the 1st time for the Arnold Press so I was a little uncoordinated at that. But I've been doing the same shoulder workout forever and I wanted to try something different. Still feeling under the weather. This happens every time I get into a good workout/diet groove. It's like my body's rebelling against being made smaller. My knees are finally shot so I'm doing something for abs, maybe some push-ups and that's it for today...

D.

xraygirl
09-04-2001, 06:20 PM
Did Chest and Back yesterday. 3 sets of all. 1st=12 reps, 2nd=10 reps, 3rd= 8 reps. Went up on everything :)
DB Incline Bench, Flat Flyes, Wide-Grip Pulldowns, Seated Rows. Spent 20 min on the StairMaster and that was all because I had to go to class.
Been out of it for over a week now so I went to the MD this morning. I have a sinus infection so cardio is out for the rest of the week. If I have the strength, I'll do legs either this afternoon or tomorrow...

D.

Maki Riddington
09-04-2001, 06:36 PM
Good Luck on doing legs.............. there a killer I tell ya killer........:)

xraygirl
09-10-2001, 04:29 AM
Well, I went home early last Wed and slept all day. Did the leg workout on Thurs instead. It was a "killa" to steal one of Maki's words ;) After much consideration, I decided that I was doing way too many leg exercises. This is what I ended up doing:
Squat: 1x15, 3x10
SLDL: 1x20, 3x15
Leg Press: 2x15, 2x10
Standing Calve: 4x15
Seated Calve: 4x15
Warmed up with the walking lunges. I liked the way that workout felt, so I'll be sticking with it for a while.

Did shoulders and arms on Friday. Arms...scratch that, biceps have been going nowhere so I grabbed a bar and threw what is normally my 1 rep max on it and plugged out 2 sets of 5 reps. That was before my usual bicep workout.
Shoulders: 3x10 of everything
DB lateral raises, overhead presses, rear delt flyes
Biceps: 3x10 of both E-Z Bar curls, concentration curls
Triceps: 3x10 of both overhead presses and rope pressdowns.

Today, chest and back. My mental focus was totally on this morning. I love it when that happens :thumbup:
Chest: 3x10 of Flat Bench, Flyes, Pec-dek
Back: 3x10 of Seated Row, Wide-grip pulldowns, pull-overs
Also spent some time doing negatives on the assisted dip/chin machine. I want to be able to do the dips/chins unassisted so I'm working on that.

Blew off cardio from last Wed until today. Didn't want to jack with the immune system. Tore up the stair-master today though :D.

Tomorrow...legs (again)

Diana

xraygirl
09-11-2001, 05:47 AM
Honestly didn't think that I would get a workout in today. Typhoon Nari, who paid us a visit last weekend has decided to do a return gig.
Somehow, I made it to the gym after work and did my new and improved leg workout of just squats, deads, presses and calve work. Went up in weight on squats, deads and seated calves. No cardio, went into TC-1C (typhoon condition 1 charlie) so they tossed everyone out of the gym.
that is all...

D.

Alex.V
09-11-2001, 07:17 AM
Ooh, scary. Do you do most of your lifting in the higher-rep range? (10-15)

xraygirl
09-12-2001, 10:50 PM
Actually, I'm trying to change it to around 8-10 reps for upper body and 10-15 for lower. But I think that I have some kind of mental block that doesn't allow me to do fewer than 10 reps. Working on that.
Legs are another story. They are both my best and worst body part. They pack on the muscle, but they do not shrink unless I beat the hell out of them. That's why I torture myself on the stair-master at least 3x a week, and do so many reps. Actually, they started shrinking last week. It's about time.
Didn't go to the gym yesterday. One, everyone was confined to quarter because of the typhoon that didn't happen. Two, I'm an insomniac and after 3 nights sans sleep, my system crashed yesterday. Have some dumbells so I did shoulders and arms while watching the news today. It was my usual workout so I'm not going to bother will all the details. No cardio because I'm still confined to quarters until the "all-clear" is posted. Diet's been pretty good.

D.

xraygirl
09-27-2001, 10:16 PM
Well, with all the stuff going on right now, I've had to scale down to a 2-day split (grrr...) Upper one day, lower the next. Cardio when I can fit it in.
Since I have been unable to make it to the gym as often as I like, I've used the time to evaluate why I go in the first place. Part of it is to look good, but it's more about the fact that I actually enjoy lifting. It's not about impressing anyone. There are many things in my life that I have no direct control over but what I do in the weight room is all me and for someone who never really had that, it's a pretty heady feeling. Needless to say, I've attacked my workouts with a new mentality. I will lift as heavy as I want because I can and to hell with anyone who thinks that I'm getting too blocky. Because I could probably outlift them anyway :cool:

D.

syntekz
09-28-2001, 07:47 AM
LOL.

:D

IceRgrrl
09-28-2001, 07:55 AM
Good to see you back, xraygirl...I like your new attitude :)

Lifting is great stress management for me too, something I do for myself, "my time" of the day.

You sound a lot like me...my lower body responds quickly to lifting and I have to do a lot of cardio to keep it lean.

Keep up the good work ;)

xraygirl
09-28-2001, 10:14 PM
Thanks. Work has been crazy since the 11th. Some of the management doesn't have a clue around here and it can be frustrating to say the least. Others are just waaay into overkill and then there are the whiners. I just want to slap them and ask why they signed the dotted line if they can't accept the responsibility.
The gym keeps me from doing just that. Right now the only places where poundages are really going up are back and rear delts of all places. So I'm just working harder at what I can lift.

D.

xraygirl
10-13-2001, 10:10 PM
Still doin' the 2-day thang. Getting cardio in at least 3x a week for at least 20 min. I should be looking the way I want by my b-day (in Dec). Gonna have to change up again though since the hubby hopped on a plane to PA this morning. If I can get out of work on time, it will give me approx. 40 both weights and cardio. May split it up and do one of them during my lunch break. Dunno yet...

D.

xraygirl
10-18-2001, 10:02 PM
Well, I have made it to the gym once this week. Had to study for a final on Tues, sat at home during a typhoon on Wed and had a final last night. Will be going tomorrow afternoon since I won't be making it today either. I've also been pulling the late shift this week. Next week is all planned out though.
The abbreviated leg workout I adopted a few weeks ago is paying off :) and my upper body strength had definitely increased so I'm happy.
Started alternating jogging with the stairmaster and that's going well too.
The diet has been a little imperfect but I'll be tightening that up next week. Actually, this weekend since I'm grocery shopping tomorrow.
Dat's all for now.

xraygirl
10-21-2001, 12:28 AM
Did legs
3x10 squats-went up on this!
4x15 SLDL's
4x15 leg press
4x10 leg curls-went up on this too!
My (R) quad started cramping up on me :mad: so my workout was cut short.
Yesterday was supposed to be my cheat day, but it didn't happen so today...pig out! Not really. I'm losing my taste for junk. But I will use this opportunity to make some chicken curry.
Tomorrow, chest and back.

Maki Riddington
10-21-2001, 01:18 AM
I must commend you on your dedication Xray.
Keep it up!!!
You're doing awesome.

xraygirl
10-21-2001, 01:22 AM

xraygirl
10-22-2001, 02:44 AM
Chest and back...
The usual, but super slow. Incline DB Bench and Flat Flyes. One set each: 12, 10, 8
Ditto for 'da back. Pulldowns and Seated Rows. The T-bar was being used :mad: 12, 10, 8
Also did some negatives on the assisted dip/pull-up machine. I'm sooo weak! :(
15 min cardio 'cause my legs are killing me from yesterday's workout. It's amazing what 10 additional lbs make on the squat. I walked into the dept this morning and the 1st words out of one of my troops mouth was "You worked legs yesterday, didn't you?"
Tomorrow, cardio only.

xraygirl
10-26-2001, 08:24 PM
Let's see, no cardio this week because I didn't have the time. Even if I did get the time, I'm coming down with something ugly and wouldn't have done it anyway. Can't do cardio when I'm sick, but I can lift!
Did shoulders and arms on Wed. Great workout! The usual exercises for the shoulders with a 12, 10, 8 rep sequence. Did EZ Bar and Concentration Curls for the Bi's. Skull Crushers and Rope Pressdowns for Tri's. Went seriously up on both Bi's and Tri's. :D
Legs Yesterday. Got in the 4th set at my new weight in squats and it's time to increase the weight on SLDL's. Also went up in weight on the Seated Calve.
A side note: A young girl come up to me yesterday to ask me how I stayed slender while lifting heavy. This is the 2nd time that's happened in the past month. So I explained to her about how women don't really bulk unless they take steroids etc...There's hope that the high rep to avoid bulking on women trend will die an ugly death!

xraygirl
12-12-2001, 04:17 AM
Well, due to my el-stinko job, my workouts have been inconsistent at best. Very frustrating since lifting was the only thing keeping my elevated stress levels at bay. Did my annual fitness assessment last week and kicked it in the a$$! :D As of this week, I've started to walk out of my office at 3:30 to hit the gym since they won't let me take any leave. Started running again too.
Mon-Run 1.5 Incline Bench and Flat Flye
Tues-Run 1.5 T-bar Row, Pull-downs Also did a few sets of negatives on the assisted pull-up. Want to be able to do a real pull-up.
Wed-Run 2.0 (yeah!) Did Front, Lateral and Rear Raises. Also did EZ Bar Curls and Rope Press-Downs.
Since the last update, I've gone up on everything except lateral raises. I'm pretty happy with my progress even though my consistency has sucked.

That's it for now.

Diana

xraygirl
01-15-2002, 02:54 AM
Okay, time to start up a new journal.

Monday-Major time crunch :mad: so...chest and back

Incline Bench, Flat Flyes-1x15, 1x12, 1x10
Pulldowns, T-bar Rows-same as above
Cable Crunches, and out 'da door in time to pick up the younger kiddo!

Tuesday-A little more time to play with...shoulders and arms
Cable Lateral Raises, Upright Rows, Overhead Press, Reverse Flyes-1x15, 2x10
DB Curls, Concentration Curls-same as above
Overhead Presses, Rope Pressdowns-3x15

Notes: It must have been bad-bicep-form day. No one was going through the full range of motion. Some people were inventing motions. Totally weird. Tomorrow...legs!

D.

xraygirl
01-16-2002, 03:53 PM
Did legs and abs yesterday...

Squats-3x15. did a fourth set and quit at 12 'cause it just wasn't fun anymore. Actually, my left knee was aching, so I moved on to:
SLDL's 4x15
Leg Raises and Leg curls-4x10
Seated and Standing Calve Raises-3x15
Cable crunches-4x20

Notes: It's really hard to work out when a migraine's coming on...and I need to go up in wt on the cable crunches. That is all.

xraygirl
01-18-2002, 04:59 PM
Chest and back with one set of shoulders and arms thrown in for 'da heck of it!

Incline bench and flat flyes-1x15, 1x12, 1x10

Pull-downs and Seated Rows-same as above

1 set of 15 of each-overhead press, bb curls, rope extensions

Notes: went up on back work, but my chest has plateaued. But I also stopped using thermos a couple of days ago since it may have been the cause of my migraines. It had green tea in it and I think that my system cannot handle it.
Was able to do the bb curls with the 45lb bar for the 1st time! I was excited!
okay...that's all.

xraygirl
01-27-2002, 09:48 PM
Had to do the 2 day split thing last week (I loooove my job!) Upper one day, lower the next. The only real differences on upper were that I used BB Bench instead of DB's, T-Bar Rows instead of Seated Rows and I did Preacher Curls. Change is good :D
Lower stayed pretty much the same but I had to put a DB between my feet to do the Leg Curls. Forgot how tough those are. I also did Single Leg Presses.
Started dieting yesterday. I hate dieting. Makes me crabby :mad: But being fatter than I want to be makes me crabbier soooo...on with the diet. Today, It's upper body :D

xraygirl
01-28-2002, 10:54 PM
Did chest and back with some shoulders thrown in because I felt like it.
Warmed up with assisted dip/chin machine-2x12 each

BB Bench press-1x15, 1x12, 1x10
Flat Flyes-3x15, time to move up in wt

Seated Rows (someone set up camp at the t-bar)-3x15
Pulldowns-3x15 (time to move up on this too)

Front, lateral and side raises-3x10 of each.

Did some crunches when I got home.

Notes: Like noted earlier, need to go up in wt on flyes and pulldowns.
Diet's still here. Day 3 and barely making it. This was the worst week to start dieting (damn hormonal cycles :mad: ), but if I can control it this week, then the next three weeks should be a cake walk.
Tomorrow, either lower body or cardio.

xraygirl
02-04-2002, 01:58 AM
Only made it to the gym 1 more time last week. Performance was not good because of the hormonal crap.

Squats 4x10, lunges 2x20, Single-Leg press 4x12, SLDL's 4x10, Leg extensions 4x10, Leg Curls 4x10, Seated and Standing Calves 4x12.
After all that, I dragged my sorry carcass home and did nothing for the rest of the day.

Today was much better. Chest and back
Incline Bench- 4x8
Flat Flyes-4x10
Seated Rows-4x12
Wide grip Pulldowns-4x12

Notes: Went up in wt on everything today. Did 30 min on the treadmill afterwards. A good workout! :D

D.

YatesNightBlade
02-04-2002, 02:23 AM
:thumbup: Nicework !!! ;)

xraygirl
02-04-2002, 02:51 AM
Thanks !

Tryska
02-04-2002, 04:38 AM
hey x...what hormonal crap?

the usual kind? i've actually found that to be one of my strong weeks btw. ace job increasing those lifts!

xraygirl
02-05-2002, 11:59 PM
Yep, the usual hormonal crap. That's my worst week. My joints become achy and I can't push the weight. It sucks!

Did shoulders and arms yesterday. Pretty much the usual.
Shoulders: Cable laterals, Overhead DB Press, Rear Delt Raises
Bi's: DB Curls, Concentration Curls
Tri's: SkullCrushers, Single Arm Press-downs

Notes: Need to do something new for shoulders. Oh, went up on overhead presses. Still trying to find my biceps. They're strong, but they're in stealth mode. I can't see them unless I flex. Triceps needed a challenge. The skullcrushers are new to me, and I haven't literally crushed my skull, so they'll stay in the repetoire for now. Change is good :)

Day off from the gym today because they're having a power outage. Bastards!

dat's all folks!

xraygirl
03-18-2002, 06:32 PM
Okay, I have a little bit of time so back to the journal!
Been making it to the gym at least 2x a week since my last entry. The job has been kicking my butt and I got fed up with it, so a couple of weeks ago, I just started walking out at 3:00 at least 3x a week to do weights.
I've also been having an issue with one of my troops. She was in a serious relationship with one of the para-rescue guys that went down in Phillipines last month. So I've been picking up the slack for her.
My weights haven't been going up, but I'm finally losing some body fat, so I'm just going to keep on with what I'm doing.
Day 1: Chest and Back
Day 2: Shoulders & Arms
Day 3: Legs/Butt/Calves
Sometimes I'll just do the upper body in one workout when I have the time (like yesterday)

Also StairMaster or Treadmill depending on how my lower body feels.

That's it for now...

PowerManDL
03-18-2002, 08:41 PM
You stay on this board more missy or I'll be forced to discipline you!

tuttut tuttut tuttut

Just look at how mad mr. Tuttut is!

xraygirl
03-18-2002, 08:47 PM
:p phht! :p

If you're going to post in my journal, you can at least tell me how to post a @#$% picture. I feel like such a dork because I can't get this stupid thing up!

PowerManDL
03-18-2002, 08:51 PM
When you post reply, go to the attachment thingy at the bottom. It has to be below a certain size to fit.

PowerManDL
03-18-2002, 08:56 PM
If it doesn't work, email it to me and I'll resize it for you.

xraygirl
03-18-2002, 09:01 PM
The picture is only 8832 bytes. This has become a personal challenge now.

PowerManDL
03-18-2002, 09:15 PM
Why don't you just email it to everyone on the site? It might be faster.

:D

xraygirl
03-18-2002, 09:32 PM
grrr...Okay funny guy...Do I have to re-name this, or put some kind of funny code or what?

PowerManDL
03-18-2002, 09:55 PM
Well.....

xraygirl
03-19-2002, 02:36 AM
heh...heh..heh...If you were to utilize that grey mush between your ears, otherwise known as your brain, you would remember that I am the one who found all these cute little gifs everyone uses. That would include that cute little :tuttut:
But that's okay, you don't need to give me directions. I'm sure Tryska will be more than happy to help me out because she's my friend :D
Have a nice day....:)

xraygirl
03-19-2002, 05:06 AM
grrr...take 6 or is it 7 now?

okay, I give up for tonight :mad: Will try again tomorrow.

xraygirl
03-19-2002, 04:57 PM
3x20 on everything 'cause I'm a glutton for punishment

Squats, SLDL's, Single-Leg Presses, Leg Extensions, Leg Curls, Seated and Standing Calve Raises.
Hobbled over to the treadmill and walked for 40min before I decided that no matter how bad it was, it was not worth dying on the treadmill over and came home.

Diet's been going great. I gradually decrease the carb load throughout the day. By dinner, it's just veggies and a protein source. Except for Saturday when I eat all the food I love all day long. The average day looks like this:
Breakfast: 1 onigiri (rice, egg, ham, tuna wrapped in seaweed), 1 superjuice phyto-nutrient, calcium supplement and a banana
Snack: apple and a handful of mixed nuts
Lunch: leftover meat, rice or potatoe and veggie from night before or some rice and beans with more calcium
Snack: either some crackers and cheese or some fruit if I didn't leave it at home
Dinner: Salad and meat or cheese (can only take some much chicken), vitamin pack and some acidopholus (sp?)

Okay, that's it :D

xraygirl
03-19-2002, 07:51 PM
I think Mr. Xraygirl, put something on this computer that prevents me from posting photos. But what the heck, I'll try again...

xraygirl
03-19-2002, 07:53 PM
Yea! It worked! Okay, so I'm not the queen of grace and beauty, but I'm not Rover's puerto-rican half-breed step-sister either. Bring on the verbal onslaught!

D.

PowerManDL
03-19-2002, 10:09 PM
You're bangable.

YatesNightBlade
03-20-2002, 02:55 AM
Very Very Pretty. How old are you ? :drooling:

xraygirl
03-20-2002, 03:36 AM
Thanks for the compliment. Still trying to figure out if what P-Mas said was a compliment.
As for my age, trust me...you don't wanna know

YatesNightBlade
03-20-2002, 03:46 AM
oh but I do !!!!

Tryska
03-20-2002, 04:51 AM
:clap:

wow x! you look exactly like i thought you would...except i expected your hair to be shorter. It's a vey cute cut tho....and you are very pretty! great to finally see ya! ;)

xraygirl
03-20-2002, 05:05 AM
Thanks! I figured that if you were brave enough to put up your photo (we're on the same wavelengh about that), it would be fine to put mine up too. Nice to finally see you too :D
I've been sporting either variations of a chin-length bob or half-way down my back since '89. I'm about to grow it out again though because I can't keep it straight during the summer. It's way too humid here.

btw Yates, I'm 39. 40 in Dec.

IceRgrrl
03-20-2002, 05:10 AM
Nice pic...very pretty :) Love your hair!

YatesNightBlade
03-20-2002, 05:28 AM
geee ...... you dont look a day over 30.

xraygirl
03-20-2002, 05:31 AM
Thanks. :) I got lucky and found the one american hairdresser on this base. The rest are native okinawans and cannot understand simple english. You know, like "just a couple of inches off the end. And no...I will not be wanting layers".

Tryska
03-20-2002, 06:38 AM
i do the same thing actually....grow it out then cut it to chin-length then grow it out again.

i really wanna grow it to like mid-back this time.....but i have a feeling wiht the curl, that means growing it to my waist to get it that length. *sigh*

xraygirl
03-20-2002, 04:01 PM
My hair is like yours. I take a big round brush and straighten it out every day. That's another reason why alternate growing it out. Just to take a break from all that crap 'cause it gets old. Especially at 5:45 in the morning.

Thanks for another compliment Yates. Must be all that clean living ;)

Okay, workout update for Wed.

Cardio. Ran for 30 min on the treadmill. Wanted to do the StairMaster because that really tightens up the ole booty. But my truck window broke and my husband insisted on trying to fix it when I was about to head out to the gym that I normally attend. By the time he was done NOT fixing my window :rolleyes: I only had enough time to go to a closer gym with no StairMasters. :mad: Hence the treadmill.
Also did the full Pilates mat program.
Does hitting 170 golf balls at the driving range count as part of my workout? :D

Diet was on, baby! It's actually becoming easier.

Today, it's upper-body again. Today is a Japanese holiday, so the shop can't fix my truck until tomorrow so I have to use a/c. This sucks because I'm a window's-down person. Oh well, dems da breaks.

Orange357
03-20-2002, 06:43 PM
llok great!

Tryska
03-21-2002, 03:47 AM
haha....i remember when i used to fight with my hair.....i gave up. or i lost or something. *lol*

Sebi
03-21-2002, 04:03 AM
xrg-
You look good!

xraygirl
03-22-2002, 03:32 AM
Thanks Orange and Sebi :)

I did upper body again yesterday. Trying to shock the metabolism and it's working. But I have a giant toothache all over my body. Couldn't even do my Pilates last night and that's not something I can blow off.
2x15 of the following:
Flat DB Bench, Flat Flyes
Lat Pulldowns, Close Grip Seated Rows

3x10 of the following:
Cable lateral Raises, Upright Rows, Delt Flyes
DB Curls, Concentration Curls
Overhead Presses, Single-Arm Pressdowns

Ran 2.5 miles on the treadmill.
Notes: Went back to my high weight for the everything. I was on some meds that were sapping all of my strength gains. Really ticked me off
The StairMaster was taken :mad: That's why I was doing the treadmill. Can't wait till the track is fixed (they're re-surfacing it).
Diet was on, but harder. It usually starts of get difficult by Thursday so I was prepared.

Today, worked the lower body again.
3x20 of the following-
Squats, SLDL's, Single-Leg Press, Hyperextensions
4x15 of the following-
Leg Extensions, Leg Curls
3x15 of the following-
Standing and Seated Calve Raises

Notes-I must have pretty good leg recovery, because I felt strong on everything except standing calves. The weight put too much pressure on my T6-T7 bone graft. My back still hurts. And it's been 4 hours since I did them. Prolly gonna have to discontinue those and substitute them with Leg-Press Calve Raises.
Diet went well. It was actually easier today but only because I know that tomorrow is CHEAT DAY!!! No curry though...I'm bumming :( The family wants me to make Pizza from scratch instead. Oh well, curry next weekend :D

That's all for now...
The B+ Saggitaurius Tiger (covered all the bases there)

YatesNightBlade
03-22-2002, 07:21 AM
:thumbup:

The_Chicken_Daddy
03-22-2002, 08:03 AM
I agree w/ Yates, you look nowhere near 40 lass.

xraygirl
03-22-2002, 03:41 PM
Thanks CD :)

No workout today folks. No diet either. Life is good!

Orange357
03-22-2002, 05:37 PM
Thanks CD :)

No workout today folks. No diet either. Life is good!

lol:thumbup: :alcoholic

xraygirl
03-22-2002, 11:24 PM
Damn skippy baby! I have beer chillin in the fridge right now.

xraygirl
03-25-2002, 02:49 AM
Lower body because I go back to work tomorrow and don't know if I'm going to have time to do it right any other time this week.
It's the same as last Tuesday, without the cardio, so I'm not going to bother to repost it.

Now I'm going to vent since this is my thread anyway...
I got to test for promotion today. It sucked :mad: The testing cycle goes from 15 Feb-31 Mar, but they don't give out results until Jun/Jul time frame. Not even scores. If they were to let me know what I scored on these tests, I would have no problem with waiting 3 months to find out that I'm not getting promoted again this year. I have my theories as to why they don't give immediate...or prompt feedback and it's not pretty. And, if I'm right, then this whole testing business is a complete waste of my time and effort. I'm not very happy right now. They promote people who couldn't successfully pick their collective nose, let alone lead. Then these same idiots wonder why we don't stay in past the 20 year mark. They don't take care of their people. Jackasses :rolleyes:
Okay, I've finished my vent session. :)

xraygirl
03-26-2002, 03:38 AM
Had to stay at work an extra 45 min. today so I did the fastest workout I've ever done...
Chest-2x15
Flat DB Bench, Flat Flyes
Shoulders-3x10
Cable Laterals, DB Overhead Press, Rear Delt Flyes
Did Bi's at home with DB's while I supervised homework-3x10
Zottmans, Concentration Curls

Flat Bench is progressing nicely, Flyes and shoulders are stagnant. Biceps are beginning to come out of stealth mode.
Diet was okay. Didn't eat enough and was out of Lactaid, so I couldn't drink a shake. Gonna be ravenous in the morning.

Still irritated about the promotion system :mad: But I'm middle-aged, I'll adjust.

'dat's all kiddos!

xraygirl
03-27-2002, 04:05 AM
Spent the majority of my duty day in meetings and finished wading thru the over 200 e-mails that accumulated while I was not at work. Also had a meeting after work so the gym did not happen. Back and triceps tomorrow because I always screw up and work biceps with chest and shoulders. I know, dingbat :rolleyes:
Diet is pretty good today. Gotta plan better for work though. And lay off the Diet Coke.
That's it.

Orange357
03-27-2002, 05:36 AM
lol.

xraygirl
03-28-2002, 03:19 AM
Hey! Stop that laughing! :swear:

Was pressed for time again. Did abbreviated Back, Triceps, and Calves, just because I could.

Back-3x10 of Pulldowns (too weak to do chins) and seated rows.
Triceps-3x10 of Overhead Presses and Kickbacks
Calves-4x10 of Seated and Standing Raises

Diet: Started off good, nearly went to hell in a handbasket at lunch and finished off good. Still not enough H2O though. There's gotta be a pill out there that will kill my PMS carb cravings. It's messing up my diet :mad:

Notes: Did the first set of both back exercises at a higher weight. I need to figure out the Cybex poundages. Triceps were strong on the overheads. The cable was taken so I had to do the kickbacks which I hate. Calves were good.

Thought for the Day: The Air Force. It's not an adventure, it's just a job.

the doc
03-28-2002, 07:38 AM
hey xray, :hello:

Pup
03-28-2002, 08:14 AM
Hola muchacha, *decided to peak my head in your journal* :cool:

Orange357
03-28-2002, 01:28 PM

You one of the anti-army types?

Blood&Iron
03-28-2002, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Orange357

You one of the anti-army types?
Actually, I think she's in the Air Force. Look at her title--must not of been promoted or somethin'.

xraygirl
03-28-2002, 03:13 PM
HI right back at ya Doc!

I've been in the AF for 18 years. This assignment has really gotten to me and I deal with stress by being a smart-ass. The truth is that I like being in the military, it's just that I'm in a manager job, but treated like I'm not because of my rank and the fact that I feel that it's more important for me to be in my section doing my job than running all over base kissing some chief's ass. Hopefully things will change soon. If not, I'm still out of here on 02 Aug 2003 and not a day later. The island is cool. The native Okinawans are cool. It's just the assignment. Oh well, they say that adversity builds character. I'm building a shitload right now :D

Orange357
03-28-2002, 06:44 PM
Ah...I see it now.

xraygirl
04-01-2002, 08:01 PM
Chest and Back-3x10 of the following
BB Bench, Flat Flyes, Seated Rows and Pulldowns

Did 200 crunches, spent 25 minutes in StairMaster Hell, then beat a hasty retreat.

Notes: Went to a different gym and may just stick to this one. Fewer people to get in my way. Workout good, cardio good, diet sucked and sleep sucked even worse. I can barely keep my eyes open 'cause I'm so tired.

Gonna have to do legs today 'cause I may not make it to the gym for the rest of the week.

IceRgrrl
04-02-2002, 05:27 AM
Just dropping by to say keep up the good work :)

xraygirl
04-02-2002, 06:09 PM
Thanks IceR!

Did legs yesterday. The ususal, so I'm not bothering to list the whole spiel again. Was a little weaker than usual, but that was expected. Diet was almost spot on. That was expected as well. Sleep was good, but not plentiful. Will be better tonight. If I make it to the gym today, it will be StairMaster only.
That is all...

xraygirl
04-14-2002, 06:48 PM
Well, got an unplanned week off from the gym because 1 tech is in training till 01 May, another got pegged to drive around the base clean up detail for a week and I got to stand in an old fashioned military formation for a change of command. Of course they had to practice a couple of days before hand because people don't remember how to do facing movements. The commander said "left face" and 1/4 of the folks turned right. Another 1/4 stood there with stupid looks on their faces. :rolleyes: It would have been funny if I were a spectator instead of a participant.
Anyway, I hit the gym at 0500 hrs just to make sure I got a workout in.

Legs, butt, calves...
4x15 of everything. 1 warm-up & 3 working sets
Squats, SLDL's, Leg Extensions, Leg Curls, Seated and Standing Calves.

Notes: Like I said, had to do warm-up sets 'cause it was so early in the a.m. Feel good right now. Need to go up on SLDS's and Standing Calves. Amazing how much of a difference no gloves makes on the deads. Now my hands hurt though 'cause I'm a girly-girl
Diet was off & on last week, but back on track today. Sleep totally sucked last night.
That's all for now...

Sebi
04-14-2002, 09:11 PM
Glad to have you back. You must have a busy schedule. Working out at 5 am? Wow. Keep it up.

xraygirl
04-14-2002, 10:05 PM
Thanks Sebi. Went to a Marine gym this morning. I think that I prefer this gym. It's much smaller, but it's better maintained. Everything is put away and folks clean up after themselves.

xraygirl
04-15-2002, 05:05 PM
Got in Chest and Back this a.m.

3x10-DB Bench and Flat Flyes
3x10-T-bar Rows, Pulldowns

Assisted Dips and Chins.

Notes: Really need to build more strength. I want to be able to do chins and dips unassisted. My flyes are really weak too. I'm using 25# db's on the 1st 2 sets, then my weak-ass has to move down to the 20# for set 3. Very irritating.
Diet was on. Sleep was sporadic. But I refuse to stress when I can't sleep. It's counter-productive.

W8_4_Me
04-15-2002, 07:21 PM
You keep goin' girl!

I'll be 39 in May...

xraygirl
04-15-2002, 09:22 PM
Thanks! :) Age is just a thang and weight-lifting is the fountain of youth.

xraygirl
04-16-2002, 04:20 PM
I had a little time to blow last night so I got my shoulders and arms done.
3x10 of the following:
Shoulders: Lateral Raises w/ the Hammer Strength Machine, DB Overhead Presses, Rear Delt Flyes
Biceps: DB curls, Concentration Curls, Zottmans
Triceps: Single-arm Overheads, Kickbacks, Dips off the back of a chair

Notes: I did this workout at home, so no cable press-downs for the tri's. Thought that my arm musculature was coming out of stealth mode, but they were just teasing me. :mad: Taking today off because I'm doing legs again tomorrow.
Diet: most good :thumbsup:
Sleep: What sleep??? That must be what other people do at night. I just lay there and wish that I was sleeping.

Dat's all kiddos...

xraygirl
04-17-2002, 05:59 PM
3x10 Stationary Lunges
3x10 Squats
3x15 SLDL
3x20 Leg Press
3x15 Seated and Standing Calve Raise.

Notes: Too early to navigate the whole lunge thing, hench the stationary lunges. Squats pretty good. SLDL and Leg press were both outstanding. Went up on standing calves, yea!
Diet-good, but boring
Sleep-dismal
Mental Outlook (tm)-good

xraygirl, out...

xraygirl
04-19-2002, 12:29 AM
Did 3x10 of everything!
Chest-DB Bench, Pec-Dec
Back-Pulldowns, Seated Row
Shoulders-Lateral Raises, Military Press, Rear Delt
Bicep-EZ Bar Curl
Tricep-SkullCrushers, Pressdowns

Notes: Up on military press and pressdowns. Will be keeping the stationary lunges that I did yesterday in my program. Also making some other changes to my program. New split will look like this:
Day 1-Quads, Hams, Glutes
Day 2-Chest, Back, Calves
Day 3-Shoulders, Bi's, Tri's
This way, I can won't have to rush through the workout. If you read what I did today, you will notice that I only had time for 1 bicep exercise. I also had to shave off an exercise from the tri's on Tues as well.
Diet-Good
Sleep-Bah! :mad:
Mental Outlook (tm)-With the exception of wanting to throttle my 11 y/o daughter and my irritation with the group of teenagers who jumped off a bridge invading my x-ray dept...good.

'dat's all folks!

Orange357
04-19-2002, 05:44 AM

Mental Outlook (tm)-good

xraygirl, out...

lol..

xraygirl
04-21-2002, 11:57 PM
Meant to start off my week with lower body, but I was on my feet all day yesterday doing stuff and my sciatica is acting up, so I did the traditional Monday workout. Chest, shoulders, tri's.
Overall warm-up-Assisted dips. Only 2x15
Chest:
BB Bench-2x10, 1x8
Flat Flyes-1x15, 1x12, 1x10
Pec-Dec-2x10, 1x8
Shoulders:
DB Lateral Raise-3x10
Overhead DB-3x10
Rear Delt (on Pec-Dec machine)-3x10
Tri's:
SkullCrushers-2x10, 1x8
Cable Overheads-3x10
Single-Arm Pressdowns-3x10

Notes: Switched to BB Bench to try and up my poundages. Finally get to go up on flyes, they were easy today. Couldn't do the cable laterals because the gym I went to has the top 3 plates on the cable unit fused together. Too much resistance for this chica. Used the Pec-Dec for the rear delts and really like it.

Gotta use Orange's Idiot Sighting here because this one deserves it. Please forgive me Orange :)
There was this chick at the gym on Saturday that is well and truly deserving of the dubious honor of being written about in my journal.
I'm sure that y'all know the type. Coordinated gym-wear, mid-section bearing a more than passing resemblance to say...a sack of potatoes, and attitude for days.
She took one look at me in my huge t-shirt, slightly large workout pants and non-made-up face and promptly stuffed her nose in the air and went about her squats. She had 2 plates on either side and went through this elaborate prep before placing herself beneath the bar and squatting those 4 plates about...8 or so inches. That's right folks, all that attitude for a partial of a partial squat. Scratch that, I can't even dignify that by call it a squat. It was more like a small bounce. I had to leave the weight room to laugh. So that was my idiot sighting.

Diet-Surprisingly good
Sleep-Finally got some
Mental Outlook (TM)-Still good

That's it...

xraygirl
04-22-2002, 07:19 PM
Warmup-Assisted Chins
Back-3x10 of each
T-Bar Rows, Pull-downs, Pullovers
Biceps-3x10 each
EZ-Bar Curls, Hammer Curls
Calves-3x15
Standing and Seated Calves Raises

Notes: The only thing that really felt right today was the EZ-Bar Curls. I can usually immerse myself into a workout, but today I just went through the motions. The mind/body connection just wasn't there. I'm taking tomorrow off and we'll see what happens.
Started running at night. That's going all right. It's a great stress reliever. I'm hoping that it will take some fat off of me since I can't diet more than I am and have any quality in my life.

Diet-Good
Sleep-sucked
Mental Outlook (tm)-good in spite of sleep deprivation

Orange357
04-22-2002, 07:33 PM
lol @ Sguater chich...Xray go in there and out squat her on full squats....then say 'how you like that biatch!" Fallowed by "all your base are belong to us"

xraygirl
04-22-2002, 09:01 PM
My workout orders goes: Squats, SLDL's, Leg Press. By the time I finished that part of my workout, she was staring daggers at me. I almost snapped "bite me, sow" :rolleyes: but I came to my senses. I have nothing to prove to peeps like that, and they don't want any constructive feedback from anyone who isn't
Male
at least 6'3" in height and...
built like a house

xraygirl
04-25-2002, 06:46 PM
Walking Lunges-2x10
Stationary Lunges-2x10
Squats-3x12
Leg Extensions-3x15
SLDL-3x15
Standing Leg Curls-3x15
Hyperextensions-3x15

Notes: Remember the lack of mind-body connection on Tues? Well, I tried to do my evening run that night and just could not do it! It was like my system shut down. So I took two days off and went this morning. Much better. I think that I was over-doing it. So henceforth, I will be lifting 3x a week max. Regardless of how good I feel.

Diet: Sucked
Sleep: Good
Mental Outlook: wobbly

xraygirl
04-28-2002, 06:18 PM
Took the weekend off and revamped again. Start the week with legs before the become worn out because of running etc...
BB Lunge-3x10
Squat-3x15
Single Leg Extension-3x15
Leg Curl-3x15
SLDL-3x15
Hyperextension-3x15

Notes: Lunges feel wobbly at 4:15 a.m. Well, the first set did anyway. Have noticed that my squat is stronger because of the lunges. Almost time to move up in wt for leg ext and curls. Wanted to do leg press but it was already taken

Diet: Still too early in the day to tell
Sleep: Insomnia again
Mental Outlook: Better than last Thursday.

xraygirl
05-02-2002, 09:04 PM
Wed's workout, chest & Back
DB Bench, Flat Flyes, Pec-Dek-3x15
Pulldowns, DB Rows, Pullovers-3x15
Hanging Leg Raises-3x15

Notes: Had to do DB Bench because all the BB's were taken. Not enamoured with the DB rows so I'm back to the t-bar rows. Like the pullovers though. Was going to do straight arm press-downs instead, but the cable setup was taken.

Fri's Workout, Shoulders & Arms
Front Raises, Upright Rows, Reverse Delts-4x10
EZ Bar Curls, Preacher Curls-4x10
Skull Crushers, Single-Arm Overheads, Rope Pressdowns-4x10

Notes: Normally don't do preachers but it's time to start. Had to do rope pressdowns on the lat pulldown machine because some intellectually challenged marine was trying to impress his new gf and monopolized the cables. Whadda dork!

Cardio-nope. My sick daughter needed mom at night more than mom needed to run.
Diet-don't ask...:rolleyes:
Sleep-good, 7hrs
Mental Outlook(tm)-compared to my troop with the prozac dreams, pretty good :D

xraygirl out.....

xraygirl
05-05-2002, 06:40 PM
Stationary Lunges-3x10
Squats-4x15
Single Leg Extensions-5x10
SLDL's-4x15
Leg Curl-5x10
Hyperextensions-3x15

Notes: I've started adding wt on each successive set for Squats and SLDL's. It's been 4.5 hours since I've finished working out and I'm already starting to get a little sore. Really good workout.

Cardio-Ran 3 miles last night. No cardio tonight.

Diet-Bah!

Sleep-Good :D

Mental Outlook: One year, 2 months, 25 days left here. Good!

xraygirl
05-07-2002, 10:49 PM
Chest
Incline DB Bench-3x10
Flat Flyes-3x12
Pec-Dek-3x12

Back
Chins-3x10
T-Bar Rows-3x10
Straight Arm Pulldowns-3x12

Calves
Standing Raises-3x12
Seated Raises-3x15

Notes-Was weak on the bench, chins and rows. But the form was good and the mind/body connection was there so I'm not going to snivel over it.

Cardio-Ran 2.5 miles last night. Endurance is improving. Feeling really good about the running. Most people can lose weight by running on an empty stomach first thing in the morning. I lose weight best by running at night.

Diet-Good

Sleep-Fitful but there. 6.5 hrs

Mental Outlook(tm)-Trip to San Antonio in September. I'm stoked!

xraygirl
05-09-2002, 11:19 PM
Shoulders
DB Lateral Raises-3x10
Front Raises-3x10
Reverse Flyes-3x10

Biceps
Incline Curls-3x10
Preacher Curls-3x10
Zottmans-3x10

Triceps
SkullCrushers-3x12
Overhead Extensions-3x12
Bar Pressdowns-3x12

Notes-Weak on the incline and preacher curls. But they will improve. My arms will get out of stealth mode. Also did ab work between exercises.

Cardio-2.5 mile run last night. It's getting easier.

Diet-On! I've lost a couple of pounds this week. Don't know what my body fat levels are. I guess it's time to find out.

Sleep-Good!

Mental Outlook (tm)-I've lost 2 lbs and I'm going to San Antonio in Sept. Good. But I could use some positive vibes. The promotion list comes out at the beginning of next month. I need to get promoted. As the date gets closer, I become more stressed over it.

xraygirl
05-13-2002, 09:31 PM
Warm-up-
Stationary Lunges-4x10

The Workout-
Leg Press-3x20
Single-Leg Extension-4x15
SLDL-4x15
Leg Curl-3x15
Hyperextensions-3x15

Notes: Been experimenting with weight for the lunges. Gonna add 10# more to it next week and see how that works. Did the Leg Press because my back was giving me some angst and didn't want to press my luck. Need to add 5# to my SLDL next week.

Cardio: 2.5 mile run on Sunday night. Went well. Endurance and speed are improving. Next run on Tues.

Diet: Outstanding! But eating oatmeal in the a.m. does not work for me. My blood sugar crashes too quickly.

Sleep: Good!

Mental Outlook: Ugh! They changed the promotion release date to 27 June! This sucks! :mad:

PowerManDL
05-13-2002, 09:49 PM
Should people your age be undergoing so much stress?

xraygirl
05-13-2002, 10:02 PM
No!!! It's inhumane, I tell ya!!! Just saving it all for my age-discrimination suit :D

xraygirl
06-11-2002, 05:06 PM
Well, I missed two weeks at the gym and it well and truly sucked!!! :mad: Had the mother of all sinus infections the first week. Just finished an extended course of antibiotics yesterday. Hubby got sent to Hawaii for some AF network adminstrators conference so I couldn't just leave the kids alone in the house and go to the gym in the a.m. like I normally do. Made it there this a.m. though. Did Chest and Back

Chest
DB Bench and Flat Flyes-2x15

Back
Seated Rows and Wide Grip Pulldowns-2x15

3x25 Cable Crunches

Notes: That sinus infection messed me up. My poundages went down on everything except the crunches. But I should be back up to par in another couple of weeks.

Diet: Good. I'm doing a little bit of experimentation and cut wheat products out of my diet for a month to see how my body does. So far, so good. My joint aches and sluggishness is gone.

Cardio: Ran 3 miles last night.

15 days till promotion results come out.

'dats all folks!

xraygirl
06-13-2002, 04:59 PM
Ignore this post...it's just a template for my future entries. I'm just going to cut and paste this then fill in the blanks.

The Workout:

Notes:

Cardio

Diet:

Sleep:

Mental Outlook:

xraygirl
06-13-2002, 05:07 PM
The Workout: Legs, Glutes, etc...
3x15 of everything, 0400 hrs is too early to think.
Squats, SLDL's, Leg Extension, Leg Curls, Hyperextensions, Seated and Standing Calve Raises

Notes: The lower body is still a little bit sluggish from not working out for 2 weeks. Yuck. Gonna switch to the Push/Pull that was posted for Tryska and see how that works for me. Will work arms and shoulders tomorrow since I have db's of the right poundages at home.

Cardio:Ran last night. Feels good to be running again

Diet:Pretty good. Have gotten pretty droned out on the food here.

Sleep:Insomnia...:mad:

Mental Outlook:13 Days till promotion results. Getting stressed.

xraygirl
06-16-2002, 05:31 PM
The Workout:Push
Squats-3x15
Bench-2x15, 1x10
Leg Press-2x15, 1x10
Overhead Press-2x15, 1x9
Seated Calves-3x15
SkullCrushers-3x15

Notes:Felt real good today. Trying to raise the poundages, that's why some of those 3rd sets have fewer reps. Went up on everything. Didn't love the skulls though. Gonna have to do something else next time around.

Cardio:Ran 3 miles last night. Was going to run on Friday night, but went out to dinner instead.

Diet:Pretty good except for the curry on Friday. I loooove curry! May as well list the supplements I take during the course of a day...
6 Hydroxycut, separated into 3 doses of 2capsules 5 hrs apart. Can't take the 3 capsule dose. Makes me puke.
2 Peruvian Maca, 1 in the a.m., 1 in the p.m.
1 Immune Keto DHEA in the middle of the day
3 calcium supplement pill spread throughout the day. I'm lactose intolerant, that's why I take 3 doses.
2 Acidopholus capsules in the evenings.
Multivitamin, Vitamin E, Evening Primrose Oil, Gelatin pill. This comes as a pack and I take it with dinner every night.

Sleep:Insomnia...'nuff said

Mental Outlook: 11 days till the MSgt release date. Pray for me...light candles...burn incense...etc...I need this stripe!

That is all...

xraygirl
06-18-2002, 07:38 PM
The Workout: Pull Day!
SLDL-3x10
Assisted Chin Negs-3x10
Seated Row-3x10
Leg Curl-3x15
EZ Bar Bicep Curl-2x10, 1x8
Cable Crunches-3x30

Notes: 4:00 a.m. is too d@mn early to do SLDL's. Need to add another set of those to the workout. The Negatives are getting easier, so less assistance next time around. Was not feeling the seated row today. Went up on Leg Curl and most definitely need to go up on cable crunches. I'm up to 100 lbs resistance on it an I still whipped out 3x30. If anyone has any input on the push/pull routine, please share! This is my 1st week doing this and I'm sure that it needs tweaking.

Cardio: Usual. Ran 3 miles last night. Keeps me from going crazy.

Diet: Pretty good. Got some salsa mixes from Desert Gardens Chile & Spice Company in the mail yesterday. Made the Fire Roasted Chipotle Salsa and put that on my baked potato last night instead of butter and stuff. Yum! Hot as hell though. Used Rotels in it :D I'm looking at some of the diets here and to be blunt, I couldn't do what some of you folks do. I can cut out bread and starches for extended periods of time. But to live on meat, cheese, and fat. No. I would die. Gotta have my salads and fruit.

Sleep: Finally got some last night. But 6 hrs is not enough. That's about what I average on Sun, Tues and Thurs nights because I get up an hour early to lift.

Mental Outlook: If my husband speculates about this year's promotion rates one more time, I'm gonna duct-tape his mouth shut!!! grrr. :mad:

PowerManDL
06-18-2002, 07:44 PM
Hi!

:hello:

xraygirl
06-18-2002, 07:59 PM
Hola P-Dude! :hello:
Have any decent advice for my push/pull routine? I'm new at this one.

PowerManDL
06-18-2002, 09:11 PM
Well you know I'm partial to heavier weights/lower reps; but if that's your thing, that's your thing.

Other than that, keep an eye on your leg volume. There's a fairly high frequency combined with a fairly high volume of work, and that can catch up to you after a few weeks.

Besides that, it looks like you've got the bases covered.

the doc
06-18-2002, 09:16 PM
I'm looking at some of the diets here and to be blunt, I couldn't do what some of you folks do. I can cut out bread and starches for extended periods of time. But to live on meat, cheese, and fat. No. I would die. Gotta have my salads and fruit
lol,
nothing like living on fat

xraygirl
06-18-2002, 09:24 PM
Most cool. Am trying to move to a lower volume. Did pretty good today. Must be some kind of psychological block or something. My lower body strength is pretty good. Okay, it's pretty ungodly. On leg-press, I work in with the guys (no, you don't need to reduce the weight...) I'll throw more weight on the bar on Fri, do fewer reps and see how it goes. Thanks for the input :D

xraygirl
06-20-2002, 01:30 PM
The Workout: Nada, zero, zip...

Notes: Well Dolls and Others, no gym for me today. That's right. Instead I am assisting with a Golf Tournament and only in the military would they have a reporting time of *ahem* "...between 0500 and 0600 hrs". Don't these morons realize that they are cutting into my gym time??? :mad: Anyway, I'm off...have a lovely day folks.

Cardio: Ran last night. The usual...

Diet: Sucked. Haven't been eating.

Sleep: All right. Would be better if my 6 y/o wouldn't wake up at 0100 hrs and turn on the Cartoon Network.

Mental Outlook: I'll let y'all know after I wake up. It's still too early in the a.m. to think that hard.

xraygirl
06-23-2002, 06:19 PM
Push Routine-
Squats-4x10, DB Bench-3x10, Leg Press/Calve Raise-4x10, DB Overhead Press-3x10, Seated Calves-4x15, SkullCrushers-4x10

Notes: Followed Matt's advice. Went up in wt on everything and brought the reps down. Still needs a little bit of tweaking as evidenced by my Seated Calves. Definitely was not challenging myself as much as I could have. Will go up on the squats, Overhead Press and Seated Calves next push day.

Cardio: Nonexistent! Worked the golf tourney on Fri and was pretty wiped out after that. Played 12 holes yesterday. My kids were whining too much so I had to leave after that.

Sleep: Uhhh...what sleep????

Diet: Not bad. I'm really sick of the food here.

Mental Outlook: MSgt results come out in 4 days. They released the promotion rates this past Friday. 33% I'm screwed :cry: Oh well, there's always next year.

xraygirl
06-25-2002, 04:51 PM
Pull Routine-
SLDL-4x10, Chin Negs-3x10, Seated Rows-3x10, Standing Leg Curl-4x10, Bicep Curl-3x10

I can't do SLDL 1st thing in the a.m. May have to do that separately in the afternoon. Less assistance needed for the chins. Went up in wt on everthing.

Cardio: No

Diet: off and on. I'm so sick of the food here.

Mental outlook: Angry, bitter. Heartedly sick of being raked over the coals. That is all...

PowerManDL
06-25-2002, 05:11 PM
Well its good that you're taking everything so pleasantly!

xraygirl
06-27-2002, 06:30 PM
Push Routine-
4x10 of each:
Squat, Bench, Leg Press/Calve Press combo, Overhead Presses, Seated Calves, Single-Arm Pressdowns

Notes: Excellent workout. Not quite to Tryska's level of beastdom yet, but I'm gettin there. Went waaay up on seated calves. Another 10 lbs and I'll have 2 plates on that thing! What can I say, little things like that excite me :rolleyes:

Cardio: I haven't run at all this week. I've walked 3x though. The more #, fewer reps thing wears my legs out.

Sleep: All right, I guess.

Diet: Still off and on.

Mental Outlook: Well, my husband got promoted and I didn't. He's patronizing me and nothing irritates me more than when someone looks down on me. I am angry and disgusted and frustrated and heartbroken all at the same time. It's no wonder I feel like sh!t. Have started studying for next year at work. That way he will not sabotage my efforts like he has for the past 2 cycles.
252 study days until the next testing cycle starts.

PowerManDL
06-27-2002, 06:35 PM
*patronizes x-raygirl*

xraygirl
06-27-2002, 06:46 PM
heh...:rolleyes:

YatesNightBlade
06-28-2002, 03:38 AM
Don't worry about it ...... just spend more of HIS money. ;)

Tryska
06-28-2002, 07:47 AM
*lol* yeah what yates said...i think you should go take yourself a nice long vacation.....alone.

seriously it does sound like you need some "alone-time" to sort stuff out.

xraygirl
06-28-2002, 04:11 PM
Yes I do. But it's not gonna happen. He thinks that when we got married, that we did the vulcan mind meld or something :rolleyes: Every time I mention that I want to go somewhere, he starts making plans for the whole family. Then takes it personally when I say "No, just me"
Right now, I've been locking myself in the bedroom and teaching myself guitar (Just got it last weekend). Up to 7 chords now...go me :D Also plan on using his money to pay off the 1 bill that I have left. Talk about great minds... Thanks y'all for your support.

Tryska
06-28-2002, 04:48 PM
reason #212 for not getting into a relationship. ;)

xraygirl
06-28-2002, 07:27 PM
Damn skippy! Why do you think marriage is referred to as an "institution"???

PowerManDL
06-29-2002, 02:09 AM
So you're saying you need time to spend with an attractive, sweet-talking young stud?

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeelllllllllllllllllllllllll................

xraygirl
06-29-2002, 04:53 PM
Damn! I can't come up with a snappy comeback for that one!

*skulks off to find her stupid sign*

Tryska
06-29-2002, 09:05 PM
"yeah. do you know one?"

woulda been a good comeback.

PowerManDL
06-30-2002, 02:19 PM
{begin Mr. Peabody voice from Bullwinkle}

Quiet you.

{End Mr. Peabody voice}

xraygirl
06-30-2002, 05:04 PM
What can I say, it was a long weekend...

Monday, 01 Jul-Pull Routine

3x10-Pulldowns, Seated Rows, Standing Leg Curls
4x10-SLDL's
3x5-Bicep Curls
3x15-Standing Cable Curls

Notes: The chin-assist was out of order, so I had to do pulldowns instead. Moved the SLDL's to later in the workout because my body is not warmed up enough to do them 1st that early in the a.m. Went up in weight on most of the exercises. The gym got some new ez bars and got rid of the old ones. The problem is that these new ones weigh more than the old ones so I have no idea how much weight I was pulling for biceps. All in all, a decent workout :thumbup:

Cardio: nah...walked instead to conserve leg strength

Sleep: sucked

Diet: Finally eating again

Mental outlook: Much improved. 229 days till the next testing cycle and my nose is already in the books. Gotta jettison the old man though. He brings me down.

Dat's all kiddos!

PowerManDL
07-03-2002, 02:16 PM
condescending bump

xraygirl
09-11-2002, 12:58 AM
Public service announcement...she's back!!!

Time to get out of lurk mode...
Haven't been able to make it to the gym more than 2x a week for a couple of months. Gonna have to pare down the workout again. Back to my original:

1. Chest/Back
2. Legs/Glutes
3. Shoulders/Arms

Running or stair-master when I can fit it in.
Hopefully, my schedule will clear up a little after the 21st...if there is no typhoon on that day. But I'm not holding my breath...Anyhoo, going to do shoulders and arms tonight since I can do those at home.

Will post a picture of me in my Mess Dress after the 21st since I avoid cameras like a plague and have no recent photos.

That is all...

the doc
09-11-2002, 06:21 AM
howdy xray! :hello:

xraygirl
09-11-2002, 04:50 PM
Hola Doc! :hello:
Did shoulders and arms last night.
DB Lateral Raises-2x10, 1x8
Overhead Presses-1x12, 1x10 (barely), 1x8
Hammer Curls-2x12
Zottmans-2x10
Overhead Tricep Extension-2x15
Dips-2x15

I need to go up in weight, but the BX is always out of the DB's I need.

Tried to run 2 miles last night. It was pretty pathetic. But in a week and a half, I'm gonna have to shove myself into my mess dress and not look like I'm wearing sausage casing. So, I'll be running every night until next Saturday.

Diet: outstanding!
Sleep: actually got some for a change
Mental outlook: Outstanding, baby!

That's it...

PowerManDL
09-11-2002, 05:54 PM
Where have you been young [sic] lady?

Tryska
09-11-2002, 07:06 PM

hi x!!! what's up?

mess dress = dress whites? yes? no? either wya i'm sure you will look fantastic. ;)

xraygirl
09-11-2002, 09:14 PM
Matt, suffice it to say that sometimes being in a leadership position is nothing more than baby-sitting adults who should know better :rolleyes:
Tryska,I'm probably over-reacting. Mess dress is the AF equivalent of dress whites. They're just blue. Short jacket, full-length skirt, medals, cufflinks, the works. Silly vain creature that I am, I'm really anal about looking just right in my mess.dress.

Tryska
09-12-2002, 07:27 AM
that makes sense. at least they are blue and not white, ay? ;)

xraygirl
09-12-2002, 03:16 PM
ay...
But this AF Ball planning business is making my life one long weekend in Hell. Can't wait till it's over. And I can turn over all my crap to next year's committee.

Tryska
09-12-2002, 07:05 PM
oh your planning it? i love doing that kind of stuff!

of course i'm guessing it's a wee bit easier as your prolly not looking at too many outside vendors huh?

xraygirl
09-12-2002, 07:27 PM
The problem is that the 1st Projo (Project Officer) had an assignment out of here and the Commander knew this when he gave this guy the job. Then it got horked off on a Dentist who had never attended an AF Ball. He dropped the ball on everything. This is not an exaggeration. All the while, I'm telling them the way things are supposed to be done. An AF Ball is pretty cut and dried, but leave it to these folks to f*** it up. As of this week, a new projo took over. Thank goodness this one has the good sense to listen to people who have been there. The script still has not been reviewed by the protocol office. I didn't receive a list of the attendees to start the seating chart until yesterday afternoon. And, that's just the beginning. At least my head is not going to be rolling...

Okay, vent finished :D

PowerManDL
09-12-2002, 07:29 PM
*revokes xray's italic tag*

Tryska
09-12-2002, 07:30 PM
bah...and the seating is really the biggest b*tch of all. that is a pain in the ass.

xraygirl
09-12-2002, 07:31 PM
*revokes P-Man's ninja status*

PowerManDL
09-12-2002, 07:34 PM
*revokes P-Man's ninga status*

Bwahahahahaha!! You can never take MY ninga status!

(mainly because its ninja status)

xraygirl
09-12-2002, 07:35 PM
No joke, and the list has already changed 3x since I got it.

Tryska
09-12-2002, 07:37 PM
ninga please! :rolleyes:

as for the seating...yup, and i'm sure you'll get many more changes before all is said and done. do you have to make precise arrangements as to who sits at what table for most of the guests? or is it just making sure couples are togehter?

PowerManDL
09-12-2002, 07:38 PM
Too late.....I already captured it in the QUOTE.

Ahhhhh my precious QUOTE tags.

*condescends at xraygirl*

xraygirl
09-12-2002, 07:39 PM
Note the newly edited version. Yep! Loooove that editing feature.
Oh, by the way, I can revoke your ninja status because it's my world baby! So there!

PowerManDL
09-12-2002, 07:39 PM
*chops off heads and uppercuts things*

xraygirl
09-12-2002, 07:44 PM
as for the seating...yup, and i'm sure you'll get many more changes before all is said and done. do you have to make precise arrangements as to who sits at what table for most of the guests? or is it just making sure couples are togehter?
That's still up in the air. The VIP's, or DV's as we call them, seating chart is already done. But everyone else, I may just assign tables and let them have at it. I wanted to do a place by place chart, but these folks sat on stuff for too long.

*chops off heads and uppercuts things*

Bah! That only means that you didn't have a snappy comeback. I'm not fooled for a second.

PowerManDL
09-12-2002, 07:46 PM
:swear:

Tryska
09-12-2002, 07:49 PM
it would be easier that way. and then you don't have to worry about placecards and mre nitpicky last minute stuff.

Tryska
09-12-2002, 07:55 PM
btw x, did you ever get that stuff from gnc we talked about, and if so, how did it work out for ya?

xraygirl
09-12-2002, 07:58 PM
Yeah, I know, but the new projo puts the "A" in anal. I personally think that it's too late to do a detailed chart and I'm hoping that she'll agree with me.

Matt :D hee hee...

xraygirl
09-12-2002, 07:59 PM
yep, it's working out good. Should I separate the maca? You know, 1 in the am and 1 in the pm, or is taking both pills in the am cool?

Tryska
09-13-2002, 04:30 AM
i would split them out, so that you get more of a continous effect. I love maca, btw.

IceRgrrl
09-13-2002, 10:37 AM
Yay! xray's back :)

Good luck on all those arrangements...sounds like a nightmare!

xraygirl
09-13-2002, 05:02 PM
Thanks T! :thumbup:

IceR, it is a nightmare, but one that's only going to last one more week!!! Have the feeling that some things are going to fall apart at the last moment. But that's not my problemo :evillaugh:

Made it to the gym yesterday. Did abreviated chest and back...

Chest-
DB Bench- 1x10, 2x8 Almost up to the 40lb db's on those. About &*%$ time!
Flat Flyes- ditto, except nowhere near 40lb on those :(

Back-
T-Bar Rows-1x15, 2x12 Need to go up on these
Lat Pulldowns-1x10, 2x8

Cardio: Ran 1.5 miles and trudged home.
Diet: Stellar!
Sleep: Except for the fact that my 6y/o woke me up a 4:45 this morning because he did not feel like sleeping, pretty good.
Mental outlook: Pretty decent.

dat's all folks!...xraygirl out

PowerManDL
09-13-2002, 05:37 PM
See, look how cool I made you. You've added two pages just with my presence.

xraygirl
09-13-2002, 05:43 PM
Hello...I was already cool. It's just that no one knew it. Thanks though.
Advice needed....How the hell can I get out of the 35lb dumbell for bench rut I'm in??? I want to go up to the 40's!!! *stamps foot and pouts*

Dude! I just noticed that as of right now, you have exactly 6000 more posts than I do. That's alot of posting!

Tryska
09-13-2002, 07:25 PM
pfft...have no clue...you are still benching more than me. *lol*

if you find out, be a dear, and let me know.

PowerManDL
09-14-2002, 08:32 PM
Advice needed....How the hell can I get out of the 35lb dumbell for bench rut I'm in??? I want to go up to the 40's!!! *stamps foot and pouts*

Calm down there.....I know people your age are inclined to have heart problems and strokes and stuff.

Best advice I can give for a plateau is just to break through it. Don't be afraid of the weight.

In fact, own the bastard. Pick it up without a doubt in your mind that it will go up.

And when you do that, come back the next week and add more.

You may not reach your goal reps with it, but guess what? That doesn't matter. You will in a session or two, tops.

That's the trick I use, and it seems to work nicely.

xraygirl
09-14-2002, 08:43 PM
Calm down there.....I know people your age are inclined to have heart problems and strokes and stuff.
No wonder it took a day to get a response...it took that long to think that one up, didn't it?
Okay, I'll try that one. Don't have to get my goal reps the 1st time. Just work my way up.
Thanks!

PowerManDL
09-14-2002, 08:46 PM
Aye. I think that's what holds a lot of people back; they think if they can't hit 8 reps with 5 lbs more, then they shouldn't do the weight.

No ma'am. Grab that bastard, and if you can only get six, then get six and go from there.

xraygirl
09-14-2002, 08:56 PM
Gotcha! Will do that with the flyes too. Only up to 25lbs with that one too. Feel like a Texas sized wimpola.
Heh...gonna tear up the weight room now!

xraygirl
09-19-2002, 10:35 PM
Well, it looks like I may be out of the weight room indefinitely. My back started acting up at the bone-graft site on Monday and has rapidly deteriorated. Anyway, I'm supposed to have a neuro consult early next week, will probably get an MRI soon after that. Until then, no weights. No sleep either because it hurts to roll over in bed. Sitting for more than 20 min. is bad too. Anyway, gonna have to develop the 'wait and see' attitude.

PowerManDL
09-20-2002, 05:53 PM
*cough* lazy *cough*

xraygirl
09-21-2002, 05:25 PM
Whatever...:rolleyes:
Trying to find a way to work around it. Will probably have to do that "light weight for lots of reps routine" till I'm literally ordered out of the weight room. If you have any suggestions I can use, please put them forth. The problem is in the T6-T7 area (they sliced out the part of the disc that was pressing against my spinal cord and grafted it with one of my ribs) I need to lift!!!

PowerManDL
09-21-2002, 05:31 PM
*shakes groove-thang for loot*

(I'll contribute a real response tomorrow since I'm leaving)

xraygirl
09-22-2002, 04:37 PM
*shakes groove-thang for loot*
This should be entertaining...

PowerManDL
09-22-2002, 05:36 PM
Ok, here's my idea. Limit your compound movements. As much as I hate to say it, you'll probably not be squatting, deading, or even leg pressing till this gets fixed.

However, you can still do single-joint movements. I'd do that for lower body. For your upper body, you'll just have to see where it hurts; thoracic vertebrae can still f*ck up a back workout as well; start light and play with it. And for God's sake don't overdo it out of zealous need to prove something.

xraygirl
09-22-2002, 10:29 PM
I was thinking the same thing. How about single leg press? Would that be cool?
Also cable single arm rows for the upper back and broomstick good mornings for the lower. Will also have to do my benches on the floor. This limits my range of motion enough to not irk my back.
Thanks for the input. I'm back in the weight room! :D

xraygirl
10-01-2002, 07:23 PM
Finally made it back into the weight room on Monday. Performed some slight modifications. Until I find out exactly how bad the situation is with the back, I'm in maintenance mode. Anyhoo, here it is.
Monday-
Bench Press 3x12
Single leg press/Calve Raise-4x15 Will add more weight next workout
DB Military press-3x10
Cable Lateral raises-3x10
Single-Leg Extension3x15
Single-arm Tricep pressdowns-3x10

Tuesday-
Light-weight SLDL's-3x15
Lat Pull-downs w/facing grip-3x10
Single-Leg Curl-3x15
Hammer Curls-3x15

Been doing crunches daily to maintain abdominal strength and walking at night since running is out. Diet is outstanding! Sleep is outstanding because I'm taking Darvocet for the back pain. Don't like taking this stuff because it's a narcotic.
The neurologist is gone till tomorrow and I will not even hear from him until Friday at the earliest.

PowerManDL
10-01-2002, 08:05 PM
Tra la la la la

xraygirl
10-03-2002, 07:03 PM
Tra la la la la
Uh...having a smurf moment?

Took Wed off because I could. Yesterday (thurs), I did basically the same routine as Mon.
DB Flyes-3x12 Think I may be able to go back up on those
Leg Press/Calve Raise-1x20, 2x15 Went back up to pre-back-angst weight on those and need to go up even more.
DB Military Press-3x12 Went back up on those too.
Leg Extension-3x15
Rope Pressdowns-3x15

Went back to normal poundages on almost everything. But I'm not gonna rock the boat. The neuro's office called me first thing yesterday morning. I see him on the 16th. Since yesterday was his first day back at work and the call came before I finished my 1st cup of joe, I'm officially paranoid.
Diet-pretty good
Sleep-drug induced
Mental outlook-crabby :mad: God has punished me by giving me a dept of women who live in a state of perpetual PMS. Wanna bitch-slap the whole lot of them. Never had these problems with male troops. I swear, my first words to my next supervisor will be "Don't even think of giving me any female troops to rate, because I will turn in my retirement papers right now." Okay, rant over...

PowerManDL
10-03-2002, 07:24 PM
:spam:

xraygirl
10-15-2002, 04:25 PM
Tues, 15 Oct-Push Routine
Bench Press-2x10
Flyes-2x10
Leg Press/Calve Raise Combo-3x20
Cable Lateral Raise-2x10
Dumbell Overhead Press-2x10
Leg Extension-3x15
SkullCrushers-2x10
Single Arm Rope Extensions-2x10
Seated Calve Raises

Notes-Go back up on almost everything except Overhead Shoulder Press and Seated Calves.

Cardio-Just walking since I am not allowed to run
Diet-Sucked
Sleep-hahaha...what sleep?

Inane Rambling-There were no weights on the Leg Press machine when I got to it. So I asked some guy to put the 100's on it for me. Anyway, here's what happened...
x-Hey, can you put the 100's on this thing for me?
g-You mean the 45's, right?
x-Nooo...the 100's. (I point to the 100's to alleviate this poor sods confusion)
g-Are you sure you want to do this?
x-Sure, do it all the time
g-Uh...allright then. (Sticks around to make sure I don't get crushed by the big bad 100's I guess)
I found the whole situation amusing.
That is all for now.

beastin v6
10-15-2002, 04:42 PM
I did not know we had an xraygirl..! hmm, so tht makes it 2 women that are member of the board?

guys we should recruit more ladies!

PowerManDL
10-15-2002, 06:31 PM
How's your back doing?

xraygirl
10-15-2002, 08:52 PM
Funny you should ask. I literally just got back from the neurologists office. I have a slight loss of both sensation and strength in my right side. I didn't really notice it until he started the checkup. He got a quicker than usual MRI appt for me. Friday. Of both my C & T spine. And I get to see the neurosurgeon on Monday.
Got into an argument with the tech at the neurosurgeon's office. I told her that I would get my preliminary x-rays done at my office because to be blunt, they're better technicians. She told me that I can't do that because the film quality sucks. Come to find out that these twits are making patients get a second set of x-rays at the Navy hospital before their neuro appts. Air Force x-ray techs undergo the most rigorous training of all the branches of the military. And I quality check everything that goes out. Needless to say, I chewed her little E-3 ass out for subjecting patients to extra radiation then went right up the chain of command. I don't think she'll be a problem anymore. :angel:

PowerManDL
10-15-2002, 09:19 PM
You so crazy!

xraygirl
10-16-2002, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by PowerManDL
You so crazy!
Yep! Been called worse, but usually behind my back :D
Since I'm in my "Day in the Life of" mode...here's another excerpt from my mediocre life...
My 11 y/o stubs her toe because she's a klutz. Of course, being a wimpo with an absolute zero tolerance for pain, she starts wailing like a banshee.
x-What did you do now?
r-I sttuubbed my toooeee :cry: I think my toe is broken :cry:
x-okay, lemme look at it. OMG! I think they're going to have to amputate!!! ( I know, bad mom!)
r-Nooo!!! :cry:
x-I'm just kidding :rolleyes: Stay still and let me tape your toe up.
r-But it huurrrts! :cry:
x-Good grief Rachael! No one has ever died of a stubbed toe!
r-How do you know? :cry: :mad:
x-Don't have kids either. You wouldn't be able to handle it.

Yep. I have a mucho funno life!

xraygirl
10-21-2002, 07:34 PM
Last workout was on Thurs of last week.
Pull Routine
Seated Row and Lat Pulldowns-3x10
SLDL, Leg Curls, Hyperextensions-3x15
Alternating Bicep Curls and Concentration Curls-3x10

Notes-
Marked loss of strength in my right arm. Not good. This is effecting everthing except my leg work.

Sleep-Good
Cardio-Non existent
Mental Outlook-officially scared s***less. Going to have to get another MRI. But this one will be of my head. Then I'm getting sent stateside for an evaluation. Whatever is making me weaker is not coming from my spine, which means it's most likely something inside my head that hopefully can be removed.

xraygirl
11-11-2002, 04:11 AM
*dusts off journal*
*has coughing fit*

Okay, I'm back. Been messing with my workout these past few weeks trying to move on to something that works.

Squats are out because:
1. T7-T8 is herniated
2. I jacked up my left knee a couple of weeks ago and still don't know how it happened :rolleyes:
Lunges & heavy leg presses are out for reason #2 above.
Running has been out for the same reason, but I'll try it again tonight.

Strangely enough, leg extensions and leg curls are not a problem. Single leg presses are not a problem as long as I provide bilateral support to the bad knee.

Anyway, this is what tomorrow's workout is supposed to look like. The * are the ones I might do:
Chest:
BB Bench Press-I do 35# with the db's and want to see how much I do with the bar.
Flat Flyes hopefully supersetted with Push-ups, but don't count on it-Can only do the #25 with these. I hate flyes :mad:
*Pec-Dek-Haven't been doing this so I couldn't tell you what I push on this thing. But change is good, yes?

Back:
Parallel Grip Pulldowns-I don't know how much the weights on the Cybex machine are. I put the peg on the 6th plate
Seated Rows-Peg on the 7th plate
*Pullovers-35# db. May move up depending on mood and energy reserves.

Abdominals
Hanging Leg Raises-3x15
Cable Crunches-Peg on the 10th plate.

Notes:
Note that I actually put my weights down. Thought about my whole health situation and decided to make some dietary adjustments as well. The strength loss on my right side has diminished. It could have been hormonal, or the allergic reaction I had to my semi-annual TB test. Still having the brain-scan on the 19th. But I'm not sweating it anymore. Well, not much anyway.

Diet:
This is my weak point right now. I'm just really sick of the food here. Anyhoo, I've switched to a more vegetable based diet and feel better for it. I'm also in the process of eliminating processed wheat from my diet. This is more difficult than it sounds because they put wheat flour in just about everything. Just fresh fruits and veggies along with lean meats, & I'm the healthy camper . :thumbup:

Cardio:
Running is out because of my knee. Actually walking is pretty much all that is not out. So that's how I unwind at night. Walk for about 50 min with my MP3 player blaring.

Stats:
Ht: 5'1"
Wt:135#
BF: Beats the hell out of me :confused: Higher than I would like. But I'm still comfortable in a size 7 so I'm not sweating it. But I would like to unload a good 15#, max. Anything below 120# and people become concerned about my health.

Mental Outlook (tm):
Pretty good as long as I don't dwell on the fact that I'm turning 40 in 24 days.

xraygirl out...

Franjipani
11-11-2002, 04:46 AM
Still having the brain-scan on the 19th. But I'm not sweating it anymore. Well, not much anyway.

Good luck for the 19th:thumbup:.

I was curious about your post in JSGirly's journal about wearing gloves during lifting... I would have thought it helped with grip rather than interferred with it?

xraygirl
11-11-2002, 06:31 AM
Hi! Welcome to my humble abode :D
About the gloves, all they do is prevent major callous formation. They really don't interfere with grip strength if you don't lift heavy or if you have a strong grip. JSG lifts heavy so gloves may not be a good thing. I used to be a gymnast and my specialty was the bars so I have a strong grip. But my hands are so small that the gloves just get in the way. When I can find a pair that are not too big.
Chalk helps the grip though. Just gotta remember to pumice the hands afterwards or you'll get the problem that JSG has right now.
Hope this makes sense...

Diana

PowerManDL
11-11-2002, 09:56 AM
Brain scan huh?

Well I don't think you'll have to worry about them finding anything.

*badabing*

:angel:

Rock
11-11-2002, 10:03 AM
Bada bom!

IceRgrrl
11-11-2002, 02:07 PM
Yay! xray's back :) Good luck with the scan...we're pulling for you. :)

And callouses are cool! They build and peel, build and peel, that's normal. And my own opinion is that going without gloves is much better for your grip strength in the long run!

Franjipani
11-11-2002, 02:24 PM
About the gloves, all they do is prevent major callous formation.

Thanks for the info xray & IceR.....I wear very small thin ones but I find that I'm still developing callouses underneath so maybe I'll ditch the gloves & invest in a pummice stone:)

xraygirl
11-11-2002, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by PowerManDL
Brain scan huh?

Well I don't think you'll have to worry about them finding anything.

*badabing*

:angel:
Heh...:rolleyes: Hope you didn't stay up late thinking up that one

Originally posted by Rock
Bada bom!
tuttut Respect to little old ladies!

Originally posted by IceRgrrl
Yay! xray's back Good luck with the scan...we're pulling for you.
Thanks! I appreciate it :)

Originally posted by Franjipani
...maybe I'll ditch the gloves & invest in a pummice stone
*We are the WBB Borg. You will be assimilated...*

Pup
11-11-2002, 05:57 PM
Just popping in :waves:

...btw, thnx for sticking up for me against the mean old man ;)

xraygirl
11-11-2002, 05:59 PM
No problemo. Of course I'm not that far behind him. This could become...*insert ominous background music*
The Geriatric Wars!!!

xraygirl
11-12-2002, 05:08 PM
Chest, Back & Abs
BB Bench-12@65#, 10@70#, 8@75#, 4@80#
Flyes-2x 10@25#
Pec-Dek-2x5@55.5#
Parallel-Grip Pulldowns-10@75#, 2x6@87.5#
DB Row-2x10@30#
Pullovers-2x10@35#
Hanging Leg Raises-2x15
Cable Crunches2x15@125# :eek:

Notes
Gotta move up on most. Not the pulldowns or cable crunches. The Flyes will probably go up in about another 2 weeks. Finally! The Cable Crunch poundage shocked me. I had no idea.

Diet
Bah! Nasty 4-letter word!

Cardio
Running is still out. :(

Sleep
Most excellent!

Mental Outlook
Most excellent also.

'dat's all folks!

Franjipani
11-13-2002, 02:59 AM
Mental Outlook
Most excellent also.

Glad to hear it ;).

Thats a most excellent workout you had there for somebody with back challenges:thumbup:

xraygirl
11-13-2002, 04:40 PM
Thanks Franji!

Yesterday was lower body.

Leg Press & Calve Raise-3x15@200#
Leg Extension-3x15@70#
SLDL-3x8@90#
Leg Curl-3x8@70
Hyperextensions-3x15 (held 10#plate)
Seated Calves-3x15@70

Notes: The word of the day was "abysmal". It just was not a good workout. I was tired from lack of sleep and my knee hurts. Oh, and the gym was so crowded that I had to wait to get on everything. A normally 40 minute workout took over an hour to do because of it. Gonna have to eliminate all of the bent leg movements for about a month. In short, no quad work. The leg-curls will be out too. Decided that today will be a rest day.

Cardio: my usual walk

Sleep: Need about 3 hours more.

Diet: Actually, it's not that bad.

Mental Outlook: Good except for the dicouragement about the knee and sleep deprivation.

Friday, Shoulders and Arms...stay tuned :D

Franjipani
11-26-2002, 02:30 AM
*bump*

Where art thou Xraygirl:confused:

xraygirl
11-26-2002, 05:13 PM
I be here. Just haven't been able to get to the gym in a few days. Too much stuff going on at work. Going to start going during my lunch hour as of next week. Been running at night though.
There was a major computer crash on base last week and I spent my time with the computer folks reloading computers in the clinic. I told them when it happened that they didn't need to re-image the machines(about 260 of them), but they didn't listen to me because I'm not a systems person. Forget the facts that my husband runs the base network and that I got the info from his office :rolleyes: My boss is still sans computer. And it's been a week as of today. :D

xraygirl
12-28-2002, 03:30 AM
Okay, so I'm getting an early start. Sue me.

Ht: 5'1"
Wt: 135
Goals: To increase my strength, get my biceps out of stealth mode, and lose the 10# that I've gained since I've been here. Oh...and to never look my age ;)

Sat, 28 Dec '02, 1430-1515 hrs, Courtney Gym (USMC Gym)
Lower Body Hell

Walking lunges-4x10@50
Squats-3x20@50 Didn't want to mess up my back any more than it is. Was forced to clean the bar to do these because some guy doing oly lifts monopolised the squat rack for the entire 45 min that I was there.
Angled Leg Press-3x12@250 Also did 15 calve raises between each set
Leg Extension-3x15@70
SLDL-3x12@70 (grrrr...)
Single Leg Curl-3x15@40
Hyperextensions-3x12@10
Seated Calves-3x15@85
Standing Calves-3x15@160 (PR bay-bee!)

Notes: Well this is the first time I've done squats since I've messed up my Knee (1.5 months) So I went easy on them. My lower back just was not up to the workout today. Hence the 70# DL's. Took no more than 1 min. break between sets so my heartrate was going the entire time Was exhausted at the end of the workout, but in a good way.
Can't run/walk/trudge tonight because my daughter has a friend spending the night.

That is all.

bradley
12-28-2002, 06:01 AM
Looks like a solid workout to begin the journal with. Good luck on reaching your goals and with the new journal.

xraygirl
12-28-2002, 07:06 AM
Thanks. I'm kind of irritated about the squats. If I had the rack, I could have done about 40# more. Was up to 110# when the knee pooped out on me a couple of months ago. There's no deadlift pedestal at this gym either. They only have a hammer DL machine. So I had to pull these off the floor too. That's also why I had to do so many reps. Will be doing my next leg workout at a different gym that has all the stuff I need, and more than 1 squat rack. The poundages will be different then.

Tryska
12-28-2002, 08:30 AM
girl you will never look your age!!

anyways....do y'all have a trap-bar there? that might work better for your deads.

also for the knee-popping thing witht he squats? were you using a wide stance?

i remember reading an article on PFS on Krista's site, that mentioned that owmen, because of our wider hips, do better with a wider than average stance when squatting to take care of our knees.

PowerManDL
12-28-2002, 11:28 AM
*sues xraygirl*

xraygirl
12-28-2002, 05:25 PM
*grabs P-Man's crowbar, smacks him across the head with it, hands it back*

Yep T, I use a fairly wide stance for the squats. About shoulder width if not a little bit wider depending on my cycle (joint laxictiy is a big problem). As a matter of fact, this arguement is one of the myriad of reasons why 'da spouse and me are not in the weight room at the same time.
If Courtney has a trap-bar, they're hiding it from me. This is a very small gym, but it is only 5 min. from my house and has BodyMasters equipment which I prefer to Cybex, which the Risner Gym has. The patrons also put everything away when they have finished using it. Risner is hyooge, and is open 24/7, and has and equally hyooge bimbo factor. As you can imagine, I don't fit in there too well ;) But they have everything, including a good roman chair (I love roman chair cruches). Too bad half the people don't put **** away when they're done using it. It's about 5 min from my workplace.

Franjipani
12-28-2002, 08:55 PM

Yayyyyy

'bout time you started this girly !!!!

btw.. i agree with Tryska.... you'll never look your age

Orange357
12-28-2002, 11:44 PM
I agree.. Xray=hot piece of ass.

G-B
12-29-2002, 12:02 AM
The good ole Courtney gym....

xray I sure hope they have improved that gym. There was not much to it when I was there, and they had some pretty old beat up equipment that was brought down from schwab that all the grunts beat the crap out of.

xraygirl
12-29-2002, 03:49 AM
Uh...thanks Orange...I think...:confused:
GB, Courtney has good equipment now. It still gets beat up though 'cause the marines don't play in the gym. They have a manager over there that looks like the old BET vj Donnie Simpson and he does an excellent job in keeping the equipment up. But you know, that place is small, they can only fit so much in there so the place is packed with equipment. I have to maneuver around stuff.

xraygirl
12-30-2002, 03:48 AM
1455-1600 hrs. Risner Gym or The Meat Market, you decide...
Upper Body or...Why I do not rule :rolleyes:
Chest
DB Bench-2x10@35, Flat Flyes-2x10@25 (see, told you I don't rule)
Back
PullDowns-2x10@90, Seated Rows-2x10@105 (okay, I might rule a little)
Shoulders
Cable Lateral Raises-2x10@20 (it's about @#$% time!), DB Press-2x10@20, Rear Flyes-2x10@12.5 (nevermind, I'm a loozah!)
Biceps
EZ Bar Curls-3x5@42, Concentration Curls-3x8@20 (yeah!)
Triceps
DB Overhead extensions-3x8@20, Pressdowns-3x10@70
Hanging Leg Raises-3x10

Well they got a room full of Hammer Strength stuff. And took out my roman chair :cry: The only reason I've forgiven them for taking it out is because they finally got a good dip station that accomodates my short self.
Add to my goal list: Do pull ups without an assist. Because I will rule.
Hi Franji! :hello: Couldn't think of a cool name for the journal. But at least I started it. ;)
P-Man, have you read Cryptonomicon yet? It's by the same dude that wrote Diamond Age. It's like 1100 pages long and I could not put the damn thing down! It's a WWII Codebreaker/21st century computer geek book.

xraygirl, out...

Tryska
12-30-2002, 09:48 AM
try swapping out machine flyes for the db flyes for a bit. it's been helping me immensely. ps - i'm now benching a whole 80lbs for reps! (little 2.5 plates are a godsend)

xraygirl
12-30-2002, 05:30 PM
Hi T :hello: I do DB flyes. The problem is that I've been out of the gym for a few weeks. And...I'm weak.
Congrats on the 80# benches. You do rule! :D

xraygirl
12-31-2002, 12:02 AM
1415-1455 hrs. Courtney Gym
Was going to do cardio, but changed my mind as soon as I walked into the weight room. Did abbreviated lower body since I am still in recovery mode from Sat.

Squats-3x10@95, 1x8@95
Leg Press/Calve Raises-3x10@250
Hammer DL-3x8@85
Seated Calves-4x10@125

As you can see, I wasn't joking when I said abbreviated. That was pretty much all I had in me. Will be the slug queen tomorrow. Nothing more strenous than floor crunches.
Didn't like the Hammer DL machine at all. Will not be doing those again. Happy about the seated calves.

That is it...I'm too pooped to say anything entertaining or original...

xraygirl, out...

PowerManDL
12-31-2002, 12:05 AM
All hail teh Slug Queen!

I think I'm goign to become a rastafarian.

Reinier
12-31-2002, 03:32 AM
Pssst.... shes only 5"1, pass it on

xraygirl
12-31-2002, 03:33 AM
And you are like 6'11.5, right?

ectx
12-31-2002, 04:50 AM
Hey you....Okinawa, huh? Are folks at the Japanese clubs still asses to people w/military ID's?

Oh...and here...

just because.

BTW...petite women rule. ;)

Delphi
12-31-2002, 06:30 AM
Damn, ectx beat me to it. Oh well...

Tryska
12-31-2002, 08:26 AM
Hi T :hello: I do DB flyes. The problem is that I've been out of the gym for a few weeks. And...I'm weak.

no that's what i'm saying....do machine flyes (pec dec?) for a little bit, to get your strength up, then switch back to the dbs.

G-B
12-31-2002, 10:00 AM
The gym may not be all that well equiped...

But I do remember taking quite a few refreshing runs down by the ocean. Just dont run by the skeet shooting range...thats a mistake I made and almost got shot.

xraygirl
01-02-2003, 04:52 PM
Hello All! Found a life there for a few days. No computer access. Just hanging out on the beach etc... Will get hitting the gym this afternoon.
P-Man, it's about time you recognized my innate nobility :p
ectx, I have no idea. I have yet to walk into a club here. The commanders really police what people do here so I tend to keep a low profile.
T, I'll try the pec-dek if I can find one that accomodates my short self :D
GB, I'll buy a bullet-proof vest today! ;)
Delphi, *lol Thanks for the spam.

*The term "lol" is copyrighted to Tryska and is not to be used without either her authorization or acknowledgement.
Thank you,
The Management

galileo
01-02-2003, 04:59 PM
BOOM!

Franjipani
01-03-2003, 04:57 AM
Hi Franji! :hello: Couldn't think of a cool name for the journal. But at least I started it. ;)

Great to see you really motivated too x-ray:thumbup:. Happy New Year to you too !!!!

Tryska
01-03-2003, 04:57 AM
*lol*

yeah i know what you mean...just fiddle with the seat some. and you can have full use of *lol* if you so wish, x. ;)