PDA

View Full Version : Subtract calories burned from your daily intake?

TiGeR AK
09-24-2003, 03:21 AM
if you go workout at the gym.. or do a little cardio..

the approx. calories burned should be subtracted from your daily intake when counting calories.. correct?

sorry if that's a dumb question.. just wanted to make sure

bradley
09-24-2003, 03:27 AM
Originally posted by TiGeR AK
if you go workout at the gym.. or do a little cardio..

the approx. calories burned should be subtracted from your daily intake when counting calories.. correct?

sorry if that's a dumb question.. just wanted to make sure

The calories burned during exercise vary to a great degree, depending on factors such as intensity, duration, type of exercise, etc.

Another approach would be to follow a training program and adjust calories based on the results you see from week to week. For example, if you are training 3x a week along with cardio 3x a week, and you are losing too much weight each week, then obviously you would need to increase your daily calorie intake.

TiGeR AK
09-25-2003, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by bradley

The calories burned during exercise vary to a great degree, depending on factors such as intensity, duration, type of exercise, etc.

Another approach would be to follow a training program and adjust calories based on the results you see from week to week. For example, if you are training 3x a week along with cardio 3x a week, and you are losing too much weight each week, then obviously you would need to increase your daily calorie intake.

well the reason why i ask this is because on RARE occasion i go over my "cutting level" calorie count... so i try to burn some of them off by lifting weights or doing cardio..

is that a reliable method?

Big John
09-25-2003, 01:38 AM
" NO "The odd day over does IMO no harm, you should know your dayly requirements ( Toatal cals), Stick as close to this as is possible, weigh your self Once per week, and adjust from there. Big John

bradley
09-25-2003, 02:47 AM
Originally posted by TiGeR AK

well the reason why i ask this is because on RARE occasion i go over my "cutting level" calorie count... so i try to burn some of them off by lifting weights or doing cardio..

is that a reliable method?

If you want to throw in a little extra cardio, then I think that is fine, but don't worry about going slightly over your daily calorie intake. One day above maintenance is not going to negate days/weeks of dieting.