PDA

View Full Version : Protein powder + yogurt = pudding

IceRgrrl
09-24-2003, 02:22 PM
I mentioned this in my journal and to a few folks here and there but thought I'd throw it out there in case it was useful to anyone else.

When I'm at work or somewhere else without access to a blender, I hate trying to mix protein powder with water or milk b/c it always ends up lumpy, partially mixed, and nasty. So what I've been doing lately is mixing protein powder with plain, nonfat yogurt. The protein powder flavors and sweetens the plain yougurt and it mixes up smooth into a protein-laden pudding. Nice for those of us who have to pack lunch(es) every day. :)

If I get fancy, I'll add some frozen berries to the protein/yogurt (they thaw in time for lunch/snack) and add some lowfat granola for carbs and crunch when I feel like it.

Easy stuff to throw together for a long day...

chops
09-25-2003, 06:31 AM
did this yesterday. good and better tasting than mixing cott cheese and yogurt, didn't even need artificial sweetner

AndresC
10-08-2003, 12:54 AM
wow cool idea. Sounds tasty.

Berserker
10-13-2003, 06:44 PM
I did this, but added a little water. Maybe milk can't remember. Though lately I am having trouble finding unsweatened yogurt.

AndresC
11-22-2003, 03:50 PM
Tryed it also. Was pretty good think i've made it 3-4 times now.

fatsoPanda
12-01-2003, 09:55 AM
sounds good, gonna have to try that one

IceRgrrl
12-08-2003, 05:13 AM
Glad that you all have liked it...it's become one of my favorite convenient staples :)

Berserker, have you looked for just plain yogurt? Plain is usually unsweetened.