PDA

View Full Version : Potential Lean Diet

eps
09-25-2003, 09:53 PM
Hey everyone, I have a very high metabolism and I'm aiming for a diet that is around 4000 calories per day.

It's been very hard for me to gain weight and this a new attempt at bulking up properly...

If you can, please critique my diet and let me know what should be taken out or added or moved around. Actually, any input is welcome :)

Thanks!
----------------------------

Daily Diet: Calorie intake goal: ~4000 cal

1st Meal: (at 8:00 a.m.)
--------

Protein Shake: 1.5 Scoops Whey 165
Skim Milk: 1 Cup 180
Cheerios (Oats): 1/2 Cup 110
Jiff PB: 2 TS: 190
1 Banana 95

Total: 740 cal

2nd Meal: (at 12:00 p.m.)
--------

1 Apple: 100
1 ft-Long Subway Roasted Chicken 600
1 Cup Orange Juice 100

Total: 800 Cal

3rd Meal: (at 2:30 p.m.)
--------

Protein Shake: (Same as above)

4th Meal: (at 6:00 p.m)
--------

Brown Rice 245
Piece of Sirloin Steak 275
1 Cucumber: 36
1 Apple: 100
1 Cup Orange Juice 100

Total: 756

5th Meal: (at 8:00 p.m.)
--------

Protein Shake: (Same as above)

6th Meal: (at 10:30 p.m.)
--------
Apple Juice 110
1 Banana 95

Daily Total: 3981 cal

bradley
09-26-2003, 02:54 AM
I would try and at least take in some more whole food. Maybe replace one of the shakes with a whole food meal, and also include some type of omega 3 fats in your diet. You could add in some fish oil or flaxseed oil to help you accomplish this, and ~25% of your daily cals should come from fat (healthy sources).

Also a slow digesting protein source would be a better choice for meal 6.

Are you taking in any type of post workout shake?

eps
09-26-2003, 07:15 AM
I usually take a small peanut butter and banana shake after workouts or some pre-made supplement drink (40 g protein). What can I add the flaxseed or fish oil to? (I've never had these oils before)

For meal 6, what sould consistute as slow-protein source? I can drink milk, but then I'd have to drink a lot I would think

-eps

bradley
09-26-2003, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by eps
I usually take a small peanut butter and banana shake after workouts or some pre-made supplement drink (40 g protein). What can I add the flaxseed or fish oil to? (I've never had these oils before)

For your post workout shake you can keep the banana and protein, but leave out the peanut butter since it will slow the digestion of the shake. Also use water when mixing up the protein powder.

Another good source of carbs for pre/post workout shakes, would be dextrose or maltodextrin.

The oils can be added pretty much anywhere in your diet, excluding pre/post workout. If given a choice I would go with the fish oil over the flaxseed oil, and if you like you can go with the fish oil caps instead of the liquid. This is more convenient IMO, especially if you are on the go a lot.

For meal 6, what sould consistute as slow-protein source? I can drink milk, but then I'd have to drink a lot I would think

Cottage cheese would work just fine, or a whole food protein source such as tuna, chicken, steak, etc. You could also throw in some fat, which would further slow the digestion of the meal, which would be beneficial due to the overnight fast.