PDA

View Full Version : Hypoglycemia Question

donescobar2000
09-26-2003, 11:30 AM
Latley I have been feeling low levels of energy. I have a feeling it hypoglycemia. I was on a site yesterday and I saw that I had more than 60% percent of the symtoms. I also took a online quiz and I scored very high on it. Anyways how can I got about treating this. My energy levels really suck.

Exnor
09-26-2003, 11:36 AM
Low energy could be a varety of things. You might be getting sick or fighting off an infection of some kind. If your working out still your central nervous system get worn out and in turn your immume system is lowered. If your fighting off an infection for example, you need your immune system to be full strength. Try taking a week orso off, sleep a lot, drink a lot, see if you feel any better. Or just see the doc and get your various levels tested.

drew
09-26-2003, 11:41 AM
I find that a glass of OJ cures hypoglycemia real quick. Of course, that's just a quick fix. If it's something you're experiencing regularly, get yourself checked out.

donescobar2000
09-26-2003, 12:09 PM
Well I just returned to the gym 2 weeks ago. The first couple of day I was fine. I am cutting right now. For the last 4 days of so I have struggling with energy.

Exnor
09-26-2003, 01:26 PM
Whats your cutting diet like? How many cals per day? etc.

donescobar2000
09-26-2003, 01:36 PM
Meal # 1

Oatmeal Waffles
1 Cup of Fresh Egg Whites
1/2 Cup of Cottage Cheese

Meal # 2

6.5 Potato
Isopure Shake
1Tbsp of Peanut Butter

Meal # 3

10 Oz. Brussel Sprouts
6 Oz. Chicken Breast

Meal # 4

Gatorade Powder
Isopure Shake
5 Grams of Glutamine

Meal # 5

1 Tbsp Of Peanut Butter
4 Oz. Chicken Breast
2 Oz. Celery

Meal # 6

1/2 Cup of Cottage Cheese

213 Carbs 223 Protein 33 Fat

1900 - 2000 cals

Similar to this everday.

bradley
09-26-2003, 04:15 PM
What are the specific symptoms? Hypoglycemia as it refers to diabetics, individuals who go overboard with insulin, etc. would mean basically that the body is shutting down (trembling, sweating, etc.).

Some people use the term loosely to refer to the feelings of lightheadedness, due to not eating enough, etc. Did you cut your cals too quickly, which could in a sense shock your body?

Just asking some general questions to get more of an idea of what you are referring to. If it just started in response to you beginning your cutting diet, then I would suspect that to be the cause. If has been an ongoing problem then you should see your doctor.

donescobar2000
09-26-2003, 05:21 PM
I did cut cals quite a bit. I was going to bulk but I have too much fat added since I was out for a month. I was doing somewhere around 2700 it not less. I was not really counting while I was out. But Im doing 1900 - 2000 now to cut. Since I felt like crap today. I ate normal though.

fatigue
insomnia
mental confusion
mood swings
faintness
depression
phobias
heart palpitations
a craving for sweets
dizziness
blurred vision
outbursts of temper
sudden hunger

I was experiencing all of these. Some of those I found out have to do with Celiac disease also.

Stray
09-26-2003, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by donescobar2000
fatigue
insomnia
mental confusion
mood swings
faintness
depression
phobias
heart palpitations
a craving for sweets
dizziness
blurred vision
outbursts of temper
sudden hunger

Sounds like a normal cutting phase to me :D

bradley
09-27-2003, 04:01 AM
Originally posted by donescobar2000
I did cut cals quite a bit. I was going to bulk but I have too much fat added since I was out for a month. I was doing somewhere around 2700 it not less. I was not really counting while I was out. But Im doing 1900 - 2000 now to cut. Since I felt like crap today. I ate normal though.

Try decreasing cals slowly over the next couple of weeks, instead of one large drop. Although if these problems persisted I would see a doctor. Better safe than sorry.:)

donescobar2000
09-27-2003, 06:51 AM
Yea. Thank a lot Bradley. I hope I feel better today. I forced myself to get 7 hours of sleep. Unless its that is affecting me.

Holto
09-28-2003, 11:12 AM
I would do a re-feed day and then go on the "new" calorie intake

it seems that re-starting training takes a big chunk out of glycogen and energy levels

re-load and do it again

donescobar2000
09-28-2003, 12:09 PM
Yea I did that. I doing fine now Thanks everyone. On another note I am seeing results. Scales sucks, mirror rocks!