PDA

View Full Version : Trents good clean bulk, not so clean smells



Trent_Steel
09-28-2003, 09:20 AM
This is a serious question guys.

Im doing a good clean bulk, lots of brown rice, lots of beans, lots of veg, lots of brown everything really.

Well Im starting to get a big gasy. How do you guys cope with a high fiber diet, cos this is killing me.

Can you get pills or something for the gas or Im I eatting the wrong kind of fiber

Dedicated
09-28-2003, 09:25 AM
I eat lots of beans and rice. I think the best thing is to just get used to it. I mean taking pills to help with gas can't be good. Better to do it naturally and just let the gases flow heh.

furious
09-28-2003, 03:38 PM
I hear that bro. I am a freakin gas factory, and Ive found it quite handy for clearing workout stations at the gym. Seriously, people must hate me, everytime i strain for that last rep.....BOOM, reekage. I feel its just something you have to accept and even appreciate, it is the protein synthesis doing it's work.

jinxx
09-29-2003, 01:07 AM
LMAO, you guys crack me up. :D

It's not that much of a problem for me actually.

bradley
09-29-2003, 02:12 AM
Have you consideered using a product such as Beano, which should help with digestion?

Trent_Steel
09-29-2003, 10:39 AM
No, tell me more Bradley, anything to keep me smelling sweet.

bradley
09-29-2003, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by Trent_Steel
No, tell me more Bradley, anything to keep me smelling sweet.

The site below is informative, and also mentions Beano (which is a digestive enzyme BTW).

http://digestive.niddk.nih.gov/ddiseases/pubs/gas/index.htm

Spartacus
09-29-2003, 11:00 AM
couldn't using beano or lactaid increase the GI of those foods?

Bryan
09-29-2003, 11:31 AM
I've heard that ginger root helps with the digestion of protien thus reducing the 'protien farts'

Trent_Steel
09-29-2003, 11:47 AM
Thanks for all the help guys, Im glad Im not the only smelly body builder.

I think the article Bradley in this thread has hit the nail on the head, lactose and fructose is my problem.
My protein shake has fructose in it and Im drinking about 3 - 4 pints of milk a day so Im getting loads of lactose.

But like dedicated and furious Im going to learn to live with it.

:fart:

Cheers guys

intensity
09-29-2003, 12:52 PM
"Take Beano now, and there will be no gas later."

that slogan is classic...

bradley
09-29-2003, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Spartacus
couldn't using beano or lactaid increase the GI of those foods?

Well they are just digestive enzymes that fill in the defeciencies that some people have, so I doubt that would have any effect on the GI of the foods.

Reinvented
09-29-2003, 02:34 PM
so is beano safe to use daily? b/c i fart like a hurricane and i am sure my gf would appreciate my muscles more if i didn't do that :P

bradley
09-29-2003, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by Reinvented
so is beano safe to use daily? b/c i fart like a hurricane and i am sure my gf would appreciate my muscles more if i didn't do that :P

Beano is a natural enzyme, and I would recommend taking it with meals that you know cause gas/bloating. There should be no problem with taking Beano daily. The Beano site below should answer most of your questions.:)

www.beano.net

Reinvented
09-30-2003, 10:47 AM
when they say oat bran/oat flour, does this include oats that we all eat in our shakes?

i noticed alot of the food i eat is on that list, and you have to take alot of beano then every day :(

last time i looked that beano bottle was very small...

bradley
09-30-2003, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Reinvented
when they say oat bran/oat flour, does this include oats that we all eat in our shakes?

i noticed alot of the food i eat is on that list, and you have to take alot of beano then every day :(

last time i looked that beano bottle was very small...

Yes oat bran and oat flour would be pretty much the same thing as oats.

If you could narrow down what particular food is causing the problem, then you could use Beano at the meals where you will be eating those particular food(s).

Reinvented
09-30-2003, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by bradley


If you could narrow down what particular food is causing the problem, then you could use Beano at the meals where you will be eating those particular food(s).

yeah, well, i eat all those foods, and i just seem to accumulate alot of gas.....and it just wreaks...

i eat healthy, but i think my gas is worse than my beer and fast food days :eek:

furious
09-30-2003, 01:48 PM
Call me sick....but i enjoy the farting. They are powerful and make me feel like a big man:eek:

Reinvented
09-30-2003, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by furious
Call me sick....but i enjoy the farting. They are powerful and make me feel like a big man:eek:

:lol:

i enjoy it too, its the gf who doesn't , and after awhile my furniture starts to smell...

i had to get a new computer chair b/c of this problem.

i kept farting into the fabric and not even a cleaning could save the poor chair.

how do you explain to your future mother in law that the reason i got rid of the chair you bought me is b/c my gas is so horrible.

:help:

furious
09-30-2003, 03:50 PM
Hmmm, no wonder im single.;)

Giddo
10-01-2003, 06:44 AM
What the hell is Beano? Is there an English version? The poor guy that shares an office with me has stopped finding it funny, he say's I have a problem, " he's right I stink."

bradley
10-01-2003, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by Giddo
What the hell is Beano? Is there an English version? The poor guy that shares an office with me has stopped finding it funny, he say's I have a problem, " he's right I stink."

It is a natural digestive enzyme and I would imagine that there would be similar products overseas, although I do not know of any particular brand names.

JuniorMint6669
10-01-2003, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by Reinvented

and after awhile my furniture starts to smell...

i had to get a new computer chair b/c of this problem.

i kept farting into the fabric and not even a cleaning could save the poor chair.



That is the most disgusting/hilarious thing I have heard in a long time... reminds me of when they did a study on seats at theatres and found fecal matter on them. :eek: gross

On a related note: eggs/egg whites gimme problems, any solution to this?

geoffgarcia
10-01-2003, 01:27 PM
hey everyone, I work at GSK which is the company that makes Beano, its not that expensive I dont think, but I get a good employee discount, not sure if its worth it with shipping expense but I'll take a look at this price and let yall know...

PS, why do you guys all eat so much beans and oats for ur carb intake?
My carb intake is made up of (on a daily basis):
2-3 cups mixed Acme Frozen Vegetables
1-2 cups Egg Enriched Angel Hair pasta
plus whatever is in my morning/night, postworkout shakes

should I be taking oats?! i went to the supermarket yesterday and read the ingredients and dont see anything special about them...they aren't particularly high in fiber or anything... compared to some cereals like Kashi Go Lean as an ex...

please edumacate me:)

bradley
10-01-2003, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by geoffgarcia
should I be taking oats?! i went to the supermarket yesterday and read the ingredients and dont see anything special about them...they aren't particularly high in fiber or anything... compared to some cereals like Kashi Go Lean as an ex...


There is nothing that says you have to eat them, but they are a good source of low GI carbs, inexpensive, and versatile. There area dozen different ways that you can include oats in your diet.:)

geoffgarcia
10-01-2003, 02:04 PM
right...but is there anything wrong with the mixed veggies and pasta that I eat?

are they high GI or something?
I could easily switch to oats to fulfill my dietary needs as taste matters little to me...I'm just looking for a reason to justify it

bradley
10-01-2003, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by geoffgarcia
right...but is there anything wrong with the mixed veggies and pasta that I eat?

are they high GI or something?


The pasta and veggies would work just fine, but I would recommend using the whole wheat pasta. It contains more fiber, etc. as compared to the white pasta.

The glycemic index of the average pasta would be ~45.

BH-Dizzle
10-01-2003, 09:01 PM
Beano....beano