PDA

View Full Version : Is eating fast bad?

LastTemptation
09-28-2003, 12:15 PM
i have a habit of eating fast.. i'll have a hamburger gone while another person is half way thru theirs. For someone trying to lose a gut (example: a beer belly, thin body but a stomach that sticks out).. should he eat slower? I used to eat all the time when i wasnt even hungry, but the last few days I've broke that habit. I'm thinking of eating 2 EggBeaters eggs for breakfast at 11am, then 2 EggBeaters eggs and some fruit and meat for dinner at 5pm. is that good diet? just trying to lose the gut. as for working out, i only do about 15 push-up's and 15 ab crunches.. no equipment just me on the floor. will doing those 2 exercises everyday show any results?

Trent_Steel
09-28-2003, 12:18 PM
Eat as fast as you like, just keep your calorie intake the same and you will be ok. Eatting fast can cause intergestion, that the only problem I know of!

eatdirt40
09-28-2003, 12:47 PM
eating slower satifies me more and drinking a lot of water helps to while eating... try it out and tell me ur feedback later

Trent_Steel
09-28-2003, 12:55 PM
It takes 20 minutes from eatting to when the brain can tell your stomaches full, thats why if you eat slow you will be more satisified. Im bulking so Im eatting fast.

bradley
09-28-2003, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by LastTemptation
i have a habit of eating fast.. i'll have a hamburger gone while another person is half way thru theirs. For someone trying to lose a gut (example: a beer belly, thin body but a stomach that sticks out).. should he eat slower? I used to eat all the time when i wasnt even hungry, but the last few days I've broke that habit. I'm thinking of eating 2 EggBeaters eggs for breakfast at 11am, then 2 EggBeaters eggs and some fruit and meat for dinner at 5pm. is that good diet? just trying to lose the gut. as for working out, i only do about 15 push-up's and 15 ab crunches.. no equipment just me on the floor. will doing those 2 exercises everyday show any results?

You will need to eat more than two meals a day to effectively diet down without losing LBM and slowing your metabolism to a crawl. Just slowly reduce your current daily calorie intake by a small amount each week, until you are losing a small amount of weight each week. Also make sure that you are taking in adequate amounts of protein and fats (essential fatty acids) in your diet.

As far as training, you do not necessarily need equipment, but I would recommend more than pushups and situps. Maybe throw in some chins, along with the pushups, as well as performing some interval training (sprints, etc.). I do not think you are going to see much benefit from only performing 15 pushups/crunches per day. You might try searching the bodybuilding/fitness forum for some different training approaches that do not involve the use of equipment.

Reinvented
09-29-2003, 03:37 PM
I THINK eating fast contributes to more gas......

metabolicwar
09-30-2003, 03:28 AM
I THINK eating fast contributes to more gas......

gas from wolfing is probably dependant on how much air you ingest with the food... as opposed to gas being created from food being thrown into the digestive tract in a hurry...

as for losing weight, I agree with bradley... sprinting or something else cardio would be beneficial to tearing up some of that gut... you can also spike your metabolism a little with grapefruit juice in the morning... unless that's a myth...
could help with burning some of your calories out through the day