PDA

View Full Version : Paul Anderson

RisingPhoenix
09-28-2003, 01:31 PM
i just found out about this guy and am amazed by his strength feats.

how the hell could someone squat over 1200 lbs without any "assistance"? what is the current world record in the squat?

I'm assuming he was natural because he lifted in the 1950's. Of course i could be wrong, i don't claim to know much about iron game history.... but i'm just really surprised that so few people know this.

noraa
09-29-2003, 12:56 AM
A lot of things have been claimed about Paul Anderson, but little can be confirmed.
He was a strong mofo, but squatting 1200, nah.
Considering even with the best drugs, equipment, monosquat racks etc still aint within 100lb of that lift.

FortifiedIron
10-08-2003, 01:38 PM
Consider this, he also exhibition squatted over 1000lbs wkly. Even with the drugs and everything now, nobody can come close to his backlift, which pictures and vid's prove.

His 1200 gym squat is legit in my eyes. I know somebody that is good friends with one of the witnesses, and believe me they would never lie about it.

Kc

WillKuenzel
10-08-2003, 02:04 PM
http://ffden-2.phys.uaf.edu/211_fall2002.web.dir/Peter_Broady/Pages/Strongestman.htm

RG570
10-08-2003, 02:58 PM
what is a backlift?

WestyHeadbanger
10-08-2003, 07:25 PM
Noraa: Paul is in Guiness records for most weight ever lifted by a human. 6270lbs in the backlift. Add up how much weight in total you lift in the gym during an entire workout to get an understanding of the amount of strength required to move that much weight. Scott Mendhleson and his powerlifting buddies are freaky strong!! But Paul Anderson is their daddy.

Scott S
10-08-2003, 07:32 PM
Was Dr Hatfield natural when he squatted 1000? From his articles, he seems to have a disdain for drugs, but...?

APE.
10-10-2003, 06:51 PM
Read "Paul Anderson;The Mightiest Minister" the book.Availablle @ www.ironmind.com . Paul was an awesome human.He even opened a home for wayward boys back in the 40/50's. You can also get copies of his thoughts on lifting from Cranes World.

Between him and "The Atom" ; I'm not sure who was more awesom.

DEADLIFT4405
10-26-2003, 03:13 PM
My dad knew Paul Anderson personally. I think Paul Anderson died of a heart attack correct me if I'm wrong.

DEADLIFT4405
10-26-2003, 03:18 PM
Go to this website to see Scot Mendelson bench 875lbs!
http://www.joeskopec.com/

benchmonster
10-29-2003, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Scott S
Was Dr Hatfield natural when he squatted 1000? From his articles, he seems to have a disdain for drugs, but...?

Ahahahahahahaha. Fred Hatfield clean. Tee hee.

Whew, that was a good one, seriously tho, Hatfield himself has not and will not answer that question, and according to Disa (his daughter) his reasons for not answering the question are the following:

1. if he admits to using juice, some will say he cheated
2. if he denies using juice, some will say he lies

Oh, and Paul Anderson was the man!!!

B.

noraa
10-31-2003, 02:39 AM
Originally posted by WestyHeadbanger
Noraa: Paul is in Guiness records for most weight ever lifted by a human. 6270lbs in the backlift. Add up how much weight in total you lift in the gym during an entire workout to get an understanding of the amount of strength required to move that much weight. Scott Mendhleson and his powerlifting buddies are freaky strong!! But Paul Anderson is their daddy.

sorry to burst your bubble, Guiness book of records removed that from later editions becuase of lack of proof (ie, nobody seemed to be there at all least of all guiness book of records)

read this .back lift article (http://209.204.62.73/SportsLibrary/IGH/IGH0701/IGH0701e.pdf)

Consider this, he also exhibition squatted over 1000lbs wklydid you weigh the plates he used? were you there?
I know somebody who knows somebody who benched 1050 in their basement, honest, they said so

its not saying paul wasnt extremely strong, his lifts were just a touch exagerated

and also, if the guiness book of records has no proof, wheres the pictures/videos of the 1200lb squat/ 6000+lb backlift?