PDA

View Full Version : whole milk

Matx
09-04-2001, 10:51 PM
should i switch to 2% or something like that.. i drink a lot of milk.. sometimes 3 gallons a week.. (okay for someone that isnt an athlete or a body builder) Im 17 blood pressure is good.. no heart disease or anything like that in my family..

syntekz
09-04-2001, 11:06 PM
Drink some skim milk; if you can handle the difference between the two.

Don't really need to switch unless your fat intake becomes an issue because of whole milk.

Wizard
09-05-2001, 08:13 AM
Or even better eat some low fat yoghurt.

Jane
09-09-2001, 02:47 PM
MuscleAuthority is right, but you can't just jump from whole milk to skim milk. In my opinion, you are much better off drinking skim milk, especially if you drink that much. But the way you have to do it is this: (at least it worked for me). First, you probably have your milk every morning, right? With cereal maybe? So tommorow, you can have your fav cereal with 2% milk. And the next day, the same thing. Do 2% for a week or maybe longer. Eventually move to 1%. Stay there for a while. Then move to skim. Get good quality skim though. I get it at a farmer's market and it is great, but the America's Choice kind I got at SuperFresh looks and tastes like bluish water. So shop around, and give yourself time. It takes time to adjust but a lot of people have done it. Good luck!

Not taking any kind of weight lifting bulking OR cutting or anything like that into account, I just personally think whole milk is a waste of calories. 150 cals a cup vs. 80 cals a cup. It can add up, IMO.

Kazuki
09-09-2001, 02:54 PM
Invest in skim, buy some flax or natural PB to substitute for the fat source.

Tryska
09-09-2001, 06:40 PM
3 gallons a week?? why so much?

I would work on cutting down the volume a bit...you can set yourself up for kidney stones taking that much dairy in a week.

body
09-10-2001, 01:55 PM
I drink about 5 pints a day of skimmed milk.
it a easy 90 grams of protein.
its also very cheap under a pound.
easy to consume as well. unlike tuna etc.