PDA

View Full Version : Frozen Burgers

SadCubicleHead
09-05-2001, 07:38 AM
I eat a lot of frozen burgers. However, Iím not sure if theyíre a healthy choice.
Iím just getting in to understanding nutritional value of foods.

Hereís the stats to the burgers I eat, are they healthy?

===============
Calories 390
Protein 24 g
Fat 30 g
Carbs 6 g

142 g a serving (1 burger - Mesquite)
===============

I exercise regularly.
Mon/Wed/Thurs 30 min (3 mile) jog
Wed/Fri/Sat/Sun 1 hour workout
Every Day 120 situps

Weight 140 lbs
Height 6'1

*I'm trying to gain legitimate mass (muscle) by eating more food. More meaning, more quality food.

SadCubicleHead :-(

Forever, I fadeÖ

Tryska
09-05-2001, 07:40 AM
question?

where are the carbs coming from?

if you can find bubba burgers (the lean kind) those might workout better. also better meat quality.

SadCubicleHead
09-05-2001, 07:43 AM
I think there are bread crumbs in it or something.
There's even sugar in them, which isn't that cool.

I was :-)
but I just woke up in my cubicle.
Now I'm :-(

Life is horrible in my tiny tiny cubicle.

Tryska
09-05-2001, 07:45 AM
perhaps sticking a nice calendar to your cube wall?

as for the burgers...next time you go shopping try to find some premade patties that have nothing but meat in them....well maybe some onions. Like i said...i favor bubba burger.

SadCubicleHead
09-05-2001, 07:55 AM
So do you think these burgers aren't a good choice?

Is the 30 g of fat very high for bugers?

What do you think of sirloin burgers?

I have the company calender posted on my carpet wall in front of me. It is orange, black and white. All of the 12 months display together.

Tryska
09-05-2001, 07:59 AM
get rid of the company calendar.....get one of those normal calendars with nice tropical sunsets on them..for the love of GOD!

okay, back to the burgers.....well, I'm biased in that i don't think fat should be feared.....but the fat content is a bit high in comparison to the protein content......it will ahve to do for know though, but in the future get patties made with a leaner cut, a higher protein to fat ratio...and no carbs. (if that's sirloin, then okay.)

syntekz
09-05-2001, 08:10 AM
Ever thought of buying ground beef and just making your own patties? Cook em on the grill or get yourself a George Foreman Grill; great for hamburgers and it helps cut out the fat if that's what you are worried about.

I think 30g of fat is a little excessive; just because I eat a lot of hamburgers.

Tryska
09-05-2001, 08:12 AM
silly muscle authority. that's almost like cooking! :rolleyes:

we are busy cubicle dwellers..we don't have time for things like that!

seriously..that's actually a good idea.

SadCubicleHead
09-05-2001, 08:21 AM
I know, it is a good idea. I do that sometimes, but my mom buys these burgers. My mommy, that's right. :-(

I got to start buying my own food, because my mom eats like 'S' and she doesn't buy everything I want.

My cubicle is scrapping my shoulders. I am totally un-motivated here.

syntekz
09-05-2001, 08:34 AM
They key to eating hamburgers even though you work in a cubicle is this.

Every sunday night cook a couple pounds of beef and put it in the fridge. It'll last you all week and as far as I know it won't go bad. At least I hope it won't; I haven't gotten sick yet.

Sun
09-05-2001, 08:48 AM
I'm a suit (For how long, I do not know...), and I just cook up a week's worth of chicken, whatever on Sunday evenings.

Stick it in the fridge. Pack it as needed. It's all good.

the doc
09-05-2001, 09:43 AM
get real beef and a foreman grill as was mentioned

those bugars are full of fillers and that is not good...

SadCubicleHead
09-05-2001, 10:49 AM
Thanks for the replies.

I just came back from doing some boring testing. Now Iím back at my cubicle. :-(

Iím gonna take those ĎSí burgers out of my diet (even though that taste good) and Iíll start getting more organized with the extra lean beef scene.

Is extra lean beef better than lean beef, or is it good to have the extra fat that lean beef contains?

Iím going jogging. I gotta get out of here. The computer screen keeps getting smaller, my back is aching, my shoulders are tense and I work in a cubicle.