PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Question About Brown Eggs...

defcon
09-30-2003, 06:30 PM
Hey guys.. whats the difference between the normal eggs, and the brown eggs? which is better for you, more protein, nutritional breakdown.. any info at all id like to know :) thanx.

defcon
09-30-2003, 06:53 PM
would it just be sumthing as simple as the type of hen it got pushed out of? :P

Dedicated
09-30-2003, 07:14 PM
Brown eggs taste better I think, I buy them all the time. Not sure on the nutritional differences.

defcon
09-30-2003, 07:15 PM
im about to find out, i got 2 large eggs on the boil right now :P one white.. one brown,....
TASTE TEST! :P

bradley
10-01-2003, 02:01 AM
There is no difference in nutritional value. The color of the egg is due to the breed of the hen.

defcon
10-01-2003, 04:29 AM
and ive found out that ( well atleast with this carton of eggs ), the brown eggs yolk always seem to be dropped to the bottom of the egg.. and the things are a lot harder to peel :P

bradley
10-01-2003, 05:16 AM
Originally posted by defcon
and ive found out that ( well atleast with this carton of eggs ), the brown eggs yolk always seem to be dropped to the bottom of the egg.. and the things are a lot harder to peel :P

I always use a spoon to peel my boiled eggs, just flip the spoon over and use it to get under the membrane of the egg. This is the best way that I have found to peel hard boiled eggs.:)

defcon
10-01-2003, 05:26 AM
i just hit it off the edge of a table and peel a stripe along the middle ( horionataly ) and then the top comes off in once peice, and the bottom comes off in one peice :) well.. for white eggs anyway.. these brown ones are idiots tho :P They were evil hens i tell ya.. EVIL!

Ti1301
10-01-2003, 08:07 PM
Brown and white are the same.
taste and nutrition.
if you say it tastes different it is cause you choose to believe so.

Stephen Riddington
10-01-2003, 11:37 PM
i just hit it off the edge of a table and peel a stripe along the middle ( horionataly ) and then the top comes off in once peice, and the bottom comes off in one peice :) well.. for white eggs anyway.. these brown ones are idiots tho :P They were evil hens i tell ya.. EVIL!

LOL, I do the same thing!!!!

defcon
10-02-2003, 05:09 AM
canadian homer.. im also canadian.. maybe that is the canadian way :)

Reinier
10-02-2003, 04:08 PM
No nutritional difference of any significance. The brown ones tend to be from more animal friendly kept chicken tho, or not?

I think the white egg hens just make better bio industry chicken or something

PizDoff
10-02-2003, 05:16 PM

I really don't like your discriminatory remarks.

j/k
;)

Reinvented
10-02-2003, 10:39 PM
hahha i do it the same way, and i am Canadian tooo

defcon
10-03-2003, 04:51 AM
Well its official then.. Us canadians lit the egg on its horizontal, then peal the top and botom peices off :)

powerhalf
10-08-2003, 07:42 PM
Gotta do it the speedy food service way: Crack the long side of the egg lightly on a table and roll it the 'short' way back and forth a few times, and the shell comes off in a snap.

Stephen Riddington
10-08-2003, 11:16 PM
I also do the same thing with madarin oranges. Peel a strip off in the middle and remove the top and bottom as one piece. Christmas is coming, that means Madarin Orange season is coming!!!!!!!!!!
:drooling:

BTW: I know its off topic. *hides*

JuniorMint6669
10-09-2003, 12:17 AM
just eat the shell, its full of calcium

I notice that if I over OR under cook the egg, they are incredibly difficult to peel, and I do indeed end up eating some of the shell. But if I cook it JUUUUUUUUUUUST right, they peel off easily after a good smashing on the counter. If no counter is available, smashing them together also works. DO NOT try smashing them on your head. As I elluded to in a different post, it is impossible to smash an egg on your head, hard boiled or not.

edit: im not sure if its really good to eat the shell, or if it really has calcium, but I think i was reading a multivitamin bottle that said its calcium was from egg shells. so meh, who knows? bradley problem...

bradley
10-09-2003, 02:21 AM
Originally posted by JuniorMint6669
edit: im not sure if its really good to eat the shell, or if it really has calcium, but I think i was reading a multivitamin bottle that said its calcium was from egg shells. so meh, who knows? bradley problem...

The egg shell does contain calcium and can be absorbed by the body, as stated in the study below. Although I would think that the shell would need to be ground up so as to increase the bioavailability.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=10758743&dopt=Abstract