PDA

View Full Version : Would anyone like to share their diet plans with me?

BH-Dizzle
09-30-2003, 10:33 PM
I need a nutrition regimen to follow. I'm 5'8" 165 lbs with a slight muscular build. I've been lifting off and on since I was a sophomore in high school, and I've had a lot of results from that, but I would like to take my training to the next level! I haven't ever followed any kind of regular routine, just doin' what I feel like and it has gotten me to this point and no further. I would really like to put on some mass, and lose some fat. I'm not fat now by any means, but I could definately afford to trim up. If anyone wants to share some plans with me it would be great. I have the motivation, I just need the direction!

BH-Dizzle
09-30-2003, 11:38 PM
C'mon now, anyone :help:

theomen
10-01-2003, 12:18 AM
just browse this board and get some ideas as to what you should be doing, then combine different aspects of diets to achieve your goals. To give an idea, here's the basis of my diet;

3500kcal on rest days
4000 on workout days (post workout shake's after workout cause the disrempencies)
around 225-300g protein a day
30-45g monounsaturated fats
the rest is filled in with low GI carbs (except post workout)
I eat around 8 meals a day, each meal is around 300-500kcals and always balanced.

JuniorMint6669
10-01-2003, 12:21 AM
What has worked for me is counting calories. At first I counted everything I ate and noticed if I gained or lost weight. Find the amount of calories where you will neither gain nor lose weight. You can call this your "maintainance". If you want to lose fat, eat about 500 calories less than this number. If you want to gain muscle, eat about 500 calories above this number. If your weight gain/loss stalls, adjust this number accordingly. Its worked for me, and countless others. It takes a lot of dedication, but its worth it if you want to get to the next level.

bigboy_85616
10-01-2003, 12:26 AM
I would suggest that you start by searching on line for a plan that suits you for your personal goals..... there are plenty of different diet plans and training guidlines depending on experience levels..... Magazines are a good source for ideas and pic's of inspiration...

http://www.global-fitness.com

http://www.popularfitness.com/

http://www.musculardevelopment.com/new/mdmain.html

BH-Dizzle
10-01-2003, 12:34 AM
Cool, thanks for the tips, Is there any kind of chart to count calories. Also how about timetables? Does eating at certain times of the day make a difference?

bradley
10-01-2003, 02:51 AM
Originally posted by BH-Dizzle
Cool, thanks for the tips, Is there any kind of chart to count calories. Also how about timetables? Does eating at certain times of the day make a difference?

Just make sure and eat 3-4 meals per day, and make sure and have a meal upon waking and before bed. Also a post workout nutrition can be beneficial as well.

Here is something that I have posted in numerous threads that might be of help.

Here are some general dieting guidelines that might be of some help:
1) 1 gram of protein per lb. of bodyweight

2) ~25% of daily calories should come from fat (remember to include some essential fatty acids)

3) Fill in the rest of daily calories with low glycemic index carbs, except pre/postworkout which would ideally include high glycemic index carbs along with a quick digesting protein (whey protein).

4) Drink plenty of water throughout the day, and one gallon would be good starting point.

Listed below are some good sources of each macronutrient. This is just a small list and is by no means all inclusive.

protein sources: eggs, poultry, lean beef, dairy, fish

low GI carbs: oats, sweet potatoes, beans, whole wheat bread, vegetables, fruit

fats: nuts, natural peanut butter, oily fish (such as salmon), fish oil, flax oil, olive oil

To find out how many cals you should be eating each day I would slowly increase cals in small increments until you are gaining the desired amount of weight each week (approximately 1lb per week is a good number IMO). You can use www.fitday.com to help you track calories if you like. Here is an example of what I mean. Say you are eating 2000 cals and maintaining your weight then you would need to increase cals by a small amount (about 200-300). That would put you at 2300 cals for the week. Keep cals at this level for the week and then weigh yourself at the end of the week and see how much weight you have gained (if any). Repeat this process until you are gaining about .5-1 lb per week. I woud weigh myself at the same time each week to try and ensure the most accurate measurement.

As far as routines go you might want to check out one of the WBB routines on the main page. The following site has a list of exercise illustrations that might be helpful as well www.exrx.net

There is a lot of information in previous threads as well. Run some searches and you will find a lot of answers to your questions.

This thread may also be of some help.
http://www.wannabebigforums.com/sho...ht=grocery+list

AllUp
10-01-2003, 11:04 AM
Fo-Shizzle BH-Dizzle.. Its AllUp-Izzle from the WBB-tizzle. Goodluck on the Diet-izzle.

Oh, and eh. Dont Fizzle, my Nizzle..

J/k. mint name BH-Dizzle. lol
Like stated above just make sure you eat like 4x/Day. and eat tiny stuff inbetween. I started losing myself once I started eating tiny meals every 2h and end the day on a calorie deficit. That worked for me.

<Allup-Izzle In The Hizouse-izzle.

Dedicated
10-01-2003, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by BH-Dizzle
I'm 5'8" 165 lbs with a slight muscular build.
So am I pretty much. Actually I'm 5'7 and 3/4 and 162.5 pounds with a little bodyfat I need to get rid of.
I eat 2600 calories on average a day and I am not gaining weight or losing weight. My strength is increasing rapidly so eventually the muscle must grow and the fat must come off I'd think. Play around with consuming different calories.

BH-Dizzle
10-01-2003, 03:00 PM
for Rizzle my nizzle