PDA

View Full Version : Crazy sweating (not in the gym)

tcraigscott
10-01-2003, 07:33 PM
Even since I started going to the gym and eating a lot of food. I have found that I wake up in the middle of the night just dripping in sweat.

Looks like I pissed the bed or something (which I am fairly cofident is not happening)

I am not sure if it is the extra food. I usually eat pretty soon before I go to bed or the extra calories

anyone else experienced this?

PizDoff
10-01-2003, 07:37 PM
Brand is that you? LOL

I don't think it is the food as I (and I'm sure many here do) eat shortly before bed.

bradley
10-02-2003, 02:51 AM
Could be related to an increase in metabolic rate. I have noticed after refeeds that I tend to wake up sweating during the night.

tcraigscott
10-02-2003, 09:01 AM
Yeah I was thinking it might be something like that. Every since I have been eating all tons of extra calories 3000+ a day (151 lbs) and pretty lax job.

I think my body has all this energy some it used for building muscle, some for a little fat and the rest it is just like make me hot.

I have also found in that eating hords of food I don't need as much sleep if I didn't get 8+ hours before I was a mess. Now, hell, I can get like 4 and be ok

:D

Scott S
10-02-2003, 11:13 AM
I am warm all the time too. My girlfriend hates it when I get the bed (and her) all sweaty.

I've always thrown off a lot of heat. Even now that I'm dieting! This is due to a good thyroid, right, Bradley?

bradley
10-02-2003, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Scott S
I've always thrown off a lot of heat. Even now that I'm dieting! This is due to a good thyroid, right, Bradley?

I would assume that it is a sign of a properly functioning metabolism. It can be attributed to a healthy thyroid since the thyroid is a regulator of body temperature, but I am just speculating.

Dedicated
10-02-2003, 07:35 PM
Ya I also think it is the metabolism, a good sign.

Exnor
10-03-2003, 03:58 AM
Yeah, i'm the same. A lot of the time my palms get a bit sweaty, a lot so when i do excersize etc.

I took a blood test to find out if I had an over-reactive thiroid, but it came out negative, I guess its just the metabolism :)

ishaqmir
10-04-2003, 11:04 AM
yea mate

i've only been training and buling for like 11 weeks (for the first time). i used to be skinny. have started eating 6 meals per day, and boy i feel really warm at times.

i keep pissing my family off in the house, cuz they feel cold, but i end up sticking the celiling fans on. hahaha.

tcraigscott
10-04-2003, 11:55 AM
well I'm glad to learn I'm not a freak.

Thanks guys

starks713
10-04-2003, 01:17 PM
I don't have that happen at night but I'm always hot as hell during the day when I'm lifting consistently.