PDA

View Full Version : Evil People of The World

Maki Riddington
10-04-2003, 06:17 PM
Which individual do you feel has left their mark on this world as being the person who has inflicted the most amount of death and destruction to mankind, and why?

Bam Bam
10-04-2003, 06:22 PM
gengus khan

Spartacus
10-04-2003, 06:22 PM
the usual answers are hitler, stalin, pol pot, etc

Stephen Riddington
10-04-2003, 07:12 PM
Hitler, Milosevic, PolPot, Jim Jones (mass suicide at Jonestown), and President Harry Truman (A-Bombing Hiroshima and Nagasaki).

PizDoff
10-04-2003, 07:18 PM
I have no love for several recent war starting American Presidents......but then I have even less love those they "evicted."

What the hell is going on with the people killing each other around the Gaza strip? Bosnia, Chechnya etc.....

HahnB
10-04-2003, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by CanadianHomer
President Harry Truman (A-Bombing Hiroshima and Nagasaki).

:rolleyes:

Spartacus
10-04-2003, 08:39 PM
yeah try emperor hirohito.

Alex.V
10-04-2003, 09:11 PM
Jesus Christ.

*ducks*

MrWebb78
10-04-2003, 09:57 PM
Belial beat me to it

harryhoudini66
10-04-2003, 09:59 PM
i was going to psot that as soon as I saw the topic, but was scared i may get banned.

WestyHeadbanger
10-04-2003, 10:07 PM
Whoever the richest man in the world is at this point in time is the most evil person currently alive.

Manveet
10-04-2003, 10:15 PM
Probably some sort of political leader/figure.

MrWebb78
10-04-2003, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by WestyHeadbanger
Whoever the richest man in the world is at this point in time is the most evil person currently alive.

how do you figure?

Neil
10-04-2003, 11:00 PM
Why Jesus Christ?

RG570
10-04-2003, 11:21 PM
Eve.

MixmasterNash
10-04-2003, 11:48 PM
Coach K. That bastard.

-TIM-
10-04-2003, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by RG570
Eve.

One step above, Satan.

EdgeCrusher
10-05-2003, 12:02 AM
In christian theology, Satan would be the most evil - but he is an angel, not a person.

I think that evil doesn't necessarily mean they have to inflict death and destruction. In theory, any given person can be the most evil person in history, as long as they recognize a set of moral laws to be honestly good and then wholeheartedly believe in the opposite.

Scott S
10-05-2003, 12:04 AM
I wouldn't agree with the Jesus Christ statement. Yes, the Catholic Church is responsible for a great deal of evil, but how much of it did Christ himself command people to do?

Is Mohammed personally responsible for Sep 11? For the suicide bombings happening now? Of course not.

Alex.V
10-05-2003, 12:04 AM
In that case.

me.

Alex.V
10-05-2003, 12:07 AM
Scott:

Originally posted by Maki Riddington
Which individual do you feel has left their mark on this world as being the person who has inflicted the most amount of death and destruction to mankind, and why?

Directly, I don't believe there's evidence on Hitler killing a single person by his own hands. We're talking about legacy.

EdgeCrusher
10-05-2003, 12:11 AM
Belial: Couldn't you say the same for the original humans (because from them, there was a legacy of death?), Jesus's parents, or a hypothetical God (who set the whole thing up)? I mean, if you're going to be going off of chains of cause and effect leading to death, you could pick an almost arbitrary point in time and connect someone who hasn't killed or ordered killing to horrible acts.

Scott S
10-05-2003, 12:15 AM
Belial: I wasn't taking it so literally either. If followers of someone who commands peace and brotherly love commit evil acts, does that make the person evil? Say a Buddhist goes nuts tomorrow and blows up a church. Was the Buddha, then, an evil person?

Alex.V
10-05-2003, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by EdgeCrusher
Belial: Couldn't you say the same for the original humans (because from them, there was a legacy of death?)

What, you mean monkeys?

No, I'm talking about an individual whose legacy (intentionally or not) has led to two millenia of strife.

EdgeCrusher
10-05-2003, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by Belial

What, you mean monkeys?

No, I'm talking about an individual whose legacy (intentionally or not) has led to two millenia of strife.

A. What is your definition of evil?

B. I don't see how a person can be held accountable in any reasonable arena for things that he had not done or preached in any way at all. If you go through the NT, Jesus doesn't preach holy war or anything of the sort. He was a pacifist who let himself be killed rather than lead a full scale rebellion. Now, I know there is the idea floating around that Jesus figured that by Martyring himself, the Jews would take it as a rallying cry to overthrow the Roman control in their towns, but I don't know of any historical statements from Jesus that he wanted this at all. If someone thought you were super awesome, started a religion about you, and then fought other groups in your honour/name, does that mean you are responsible or is it the people who are fueling these wars? If you want to use the Crusades as something Jesus caused, it would make more sense to point the finger at the religious leaders in Western Europe who decided to defend Constantinople against the Muslums by saying that anyone who fought would go to heaven regardless of past sins. If you want to use other wars, we could go into the history and find characters who use religion to help their political/economic causes.

ectx
10-05-2003, 01:11 AM
I actually agree with belial on this. It's a shame that the thoughts and beliefs of one individual can be followed with such zealotry that their following often defeat the original teachings and intentions. This can be said for christianity as well as for the teachings of Mohamed (with all due respect to Saturday Fever and other muslims on this sight) although some of his teachings were directly self defeating.

I'd say the single most evil thing is our intolerance for other people's cultures and beliefs. Our fight to homogonize our ideas; our faith, our culture, and our monitary supremacy has been a leading cause for death in the last few centuries.

PowerManDL
10-05-2003, 01:54 AM
God told them to kill.

Evil is wanton destruction, or the instigation thereof, for reasons besides those actions necessary for the preservation of life, ie self defense.

God commanded man to kill in more than one instance, for reasons that most certainly did not involve self defense. So, if you want to really come to the source, God is evil.

EdgeCrusher
10-05-2003, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by PowerManDL
God told them to kill.

Evil is wanton destruction, or the instigation thereof, for reasons besides those actions necessary for the preservation of life, ie self defense.

God commanded man to kill in more than one instance, for reasons that most certainly did not involve self defense. So, if you want to really come to the source, God is evil.

Even if God did not tell people to kill, the Christian theory still provides the outcome that God is the creator of evil. The reasoning is that God created the Angels and Lucifer turned against him. God then cast him down on to the earth and plans on sending him into "the lake of fire" for eternity after the second coming of Jesus.

God created Lucifer. God sent Lucifer to earth. Lucifer is Satan. Satan is evil. God created evil and sent it to earth.

PowerManDL
10-05-2003, 02:02 AM
Well yeah. I've been using the causality argument for years.

But some people don't want to admit that God is truly all-powerful and all-knowing.

EdgeCrusher
10-05-2003, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by PowerManDL
Well yeah. I've been using the causality argument for years.

But some people don't want to admit that God is truly all-powerful and all-knowing.

Some people also don't want to admit God isn't provable by legitimate science or any philosophical argument.

Oh yeah - I pmed and imed ya about my routine for increasing my bench - can/should i do cardio and if so, what kind/for how long?

PowerManDL
10-05-2003, 02:11 AM
You drunk bastard. My PM's have a 4-10 day turnaround time. That's standard policy that anyone should know.

Get back to insulting God, you infidel.

Trent_Steel
10-05-2003, 05:18 AM
The most evil person on earth is my ex-girlfriend :mad:

Songsangnim
10-05-2003, 06:50 AM
Originally posted by Belial

What, you mean monkeys?

But this has nothing to do with intentional or not. If you take an idea and pervert it, is the author of that idea responsible? No, because it is not the original idea. It has now become your idea with your own interpretation of it. Take the Crusades for example. Jesus never said it was all right to kill non-believers. That was entirely created by political figures. So if you take an idea, then change and add on to it, it is your idea not the original thinker's.

Your statement would only make sense, if you could prove (by directly quoting Jesus) that he was responsible for all the evil the Catholic church (and others) did over the years.

It's like you saying that cheating (in a bodybuilding sense) is sometimes a useful tool. Then someone else takes this idea and says "well if sometimes is good always must be even better" He then trains another individual in this fashion. When said trainee winds up injuring himself he blames you for his injury.:cool:

Reinier
10-05-2003, 07:32 AM
Whats evil?

Trent_Steel
10-05-2003, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by Reinier
Whats evil?

I told you my Ex-Girlfriend :mad:

Reinier
10-05-2003, 07:51 AM
Standard protocol trent- Kill everybody involved, hide the bodies

Gyno Rhino
10-05-2003, 09:14 AM
Gary Oldman.

Alex.V
10-05-2003, 09:24 AM
EA- I thought you were gone. :)

Go back and read the original question. Then get back to me.