PDA

View Full Version : need to burn the fat

Gettingthere
10-10-2003, 11:52 PM
I try to cut down calories.....some fat is lost....but an equal amount of muscle is lost as well. This sucks!!!

For the last time....what EXACTLY do I need to do to burn more fat while still maintaining lean mass. I've been very frustrated these past few months because I haven't made any gains what so ever

I know that I am on the verge of putting it all together but, I need help with my diet. Like many other dudes, my stomach is the worst area of my body.....got visible abs at the top...bottom is flabby...looks horrible.

Im 182 lbs 6'1.....trying to increase lean mass or at least maintain it while burning this fat. I'm willing to put in the effort and hard work....I just gotta know exactly what to do!!!! :help: :confused:

Scott S
10-10-2003, 11:57 PM
You have to lose weight slowly enough so that you don't burn up muscle too. Try to lose no more than 1-2 lbs per week.

Jasonl
10-11-2003, 01:11 AM
do a search on HIIT training, should help you lose fat without cutting out too much muscle, it worked very well for me.

AJ_11
10-11-2003, 01:27 AM
whats your diet look like first of all?

bradley
10-11-2003, 04:10 AM
Originally posted by Gettingthere
I try to cut down calories.....some fat is lost....but an equal amount of muscle is lost as well. This sucks!!!

How long have you been dieting? How do you know you are losing an equal amount of muscle and fat? Remember that you will lose some glycogen and water while on a reduced calorie diet, so don't confuse glycogen/water weight with muscle loss.

For the last time....what EXACTLY do I need to do to burn more fat while still maintaining lean mass. I've been very frustrated these past few months because I haven't made any gains what so ever

I doubt you are going to make any LBM gains while in a calorie deficit. You need to make sure you are supplying your body with adequate protein and essential fatty acids, and maintain a small calorie deficit at the end of each day. Decrease calories in small increments each week until you are losing a small amount of weight each week.

I know that I am on the verge of putting it all together but, I need help with my diet. Like many other dudes, my stomach is the worst area of my body.....got visible abs at the top...bottom is flabby...looks horrible.

Abdominal fat is usually the last to go, and the addition of cardio will help in mobilizing subcutaneous fat more than diet alone. You have to give it some time.

Im 182 lbs 6'1.....trying to increase lean mass or at least maintain it while burning this fat. I'm willing to put in the effort and hard work....I just gotta know exactly what to do!!!! :help: :confused:

It is not likely that you will increase LBM while losing bf at the same time, but you should be able to minimize muscle loss when dieting if you concentrate on losing a small amount of weight each week.

What does your diet look like, and don't forget to include pre/post workout shakes? Are you taking in enough EFAs? What is your ~bf%?

jinxx
10-11-2003, 04:32 AM
Originally posted by Gettingthere

For the last time....what EXACTLY do I need to do to burn more fat while still maintaining lean mass.

That's the problem right there. You can't gain LBM and loose fat, it's one or another. Either bulk or cut.

You might get away with it for a short period of time if your a total newbie tho.

mstar
10-11-2003, 07:41 AM
with the help of a GOOD fat burner can he maintain a lot more muscle then normal ON a calorie deficit diet? just wondering...:confused: :confused: :confused:

bradley
10-11-2003, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by mstar
with the help of a GOOD fat burner can he maintain a lot more muscle then normal ON a calorie deficit diet? just wondering...:confused: :confused: :confused:

An EC/ECA stack can be muscle sparing, but to what degree is debatable. It will help, but concentrating on losing a small amount of weight each week would be more beneficial than relying on an ECA stack to preserve LBM.

BECOMING
10-11-2003, 08:04 PM
what is subcutaneous fat? Is this some kind of really stubborn fat?

bradley
10-12-2003, 03:37 AM
Originally posted by BECOMING
what is subcutaneous fat? Is this some kind of really stubborn fat?

Subcutaneous fat is the fat that is located directly under the skin, and is usually associated with the lower abs and back in males.

Visceral fat is the fat that is located around the organs, and would be associated with the "beer belly."

BECOMING
10-12-2003, 09:13 PM
ahh, cool. yet again thank you bradly.

BECOMING
10-12-2003, 09:19 PM
ahh, cool. yet again thank you bradly.

BECOMING
10-12-2003, 09:20 PM
i dont know why that posted twice. my bad.