PDA

View Full Version : Starting fresh...

moklepaul
10-15-2003, 07:49 PM
Hey guys :) Long time no post ;)

Well I started my slimming/buffing routine over a year ago,a nd I was getting great results at the time, but some unexpected variable came up in my life, and basically I'm back to where I started:

5'10"
245 Lbs
38 waist
20+% body fat

I'd like to get back into a slimming/buffing routine ASAP, so naturally, I'm comming to you guys for tips. My goal is to get to under 15% BF and lose maybe around 10 Lbs (which means I'd need to also build muscle ;)) before the end of January. In your opinion, is this too much too fast? my "long term" goal is 10% BF or less and being buff in time for summer. :)

Due to time restrictions, I can only get to the gym 3 (MAYBE 4) times a week for about 1 hour or so, and I can go for a run late at night most nights.

I plan on taking Animal Cuts aswell as Ab-Solved for the next 2 months. I figure I'll have to lose the fat before gaining the muscle.

4 meals a day is what I believe I can plan for. Special K Red Berries for breakfast ;) Any ideas for the rest of the day? I love tuna believe it or not, so a can of tuna with relish and a Tblspoon of low-fat mayo and whole wheat makes me a good lunch. :)

I don't see why you would, but does anyone see a problem with doing a 40 min or so jog every night? Longer if weather/time permits.

Sorry for rambling, just trying to get some ideas out. :) Thanks for any tips you have. :)

bradley
10-16-2003, 02:39 AM
Originally posted by moklepaul
I'd like to get back into a slimming/buffing routine ASAP, so naturally, I'm comming to you guys for tips. My goal is to get to under 15% BF and lose maybe around 10 Lbs (which means I'd need to also build muscle ;)) before the end of January. In your opinion, is this too much too fast?

10lbs. by January first sounds attainable, and I would be surprised if you were not able to drop more than 10lbs. in that amount of time.

Due to time restrictions, I can only get to the gym 3 (MAYBE 4) times a week for about 1 hour or so, and I can go for a run late at night most nights.

That is plenty of time, and you can check out the WBB routines which are 3-day splits.

I plan on taking Animal Cuts aswell as Ab-Solved for the next 2 months. I figure I'll have to lose the fat before gaining the muscle.

Agreed, trying to lose weight and gain muscle is possible, but I think you will see better results focusing on one goal at a time.

4 meals a day is what I believe I can plan for. Special K Red Berries for breakfast ;) Any ideas for the rest of the day? I love tuna believe it or not, so a can of tuna with relish and a Tblspoon of low-fat mayo and whole wheat makes me a good lunch. :)

4 meals per day will be fine, but just make sure you are taking in adequate amounts of protein and fat over the course of the day. Shoot for ~1g of protein per lb. of bw, spread out over the course of the day, and ~25% of your daily cals from fat (EFAs). Good fat sources would include fish oil, olive oil, nuts, flaxseed oil, natural peanut butter, oily fish (salmon), etc. Carbs should come from low GI sources, such as oats, veggies, fruit, sweet potatoes, etc.

A post workout shake of some sort would be beneficial but not necessary. Ideally the shake would include some protein and high GI carbs (dextrose and/or maltodextrin).

Decrease your daily calories in small increments each week until you are losing ~1-2lbs. per week.

I don't see why you would, but does anyone see a problem with doing a 40 min or so jog every night? Longer if weather/time permits.

Sounds fine to me, just make sure and allow for recovery from your workouts. You might want to start out jogging on your off days and incease as you see fit.:)

moklepaul
10-16-2003, 05:03 PM
Ok, thanks a lot for the post. :)

I plan on starting this ASAP, this week hopefully. Tonight is my first cheat night I guess, as I'm going out to drink ;)