PDA

View Full Version : Pizza...a good bulking food?

reloaded
10-16-2003, 10:21 PM
hey yo. alot of times, i order a pizza when i dont have food in the fridge or dont have that much time to go grocery shopping. i know pizza isnt the best as far as nutrition goes, but would it still work for bulking? i was looking up the nutrition facts for various pizzas from pizza hut, dominos, etc...and it looks decent as far as calories, carbs, and protein. just kinda fattening. anyone else have an opinion on this and/or any thoughts on having pizza maybe once every couple weeks or so?

Don Birnam
10-16-2003, 11:01 PM
I hope it's good... I eat pizza plenty and I'm on a mild bulk. I figure dough, cheese, tomato sauce, some meat and veggies... these are not the worst things you could be eating. And remember, you need a certain amount of fats anyways, let pizza be that when you eat it.

iLUDEd
10-17-2003, 12:48 AM
pizza helps prevent stomic cancer!

TheGimp
10-17-2003, 02:05 AM
I would say everything is ok *in moderation*

You might not do as well as someone following a cleaner bulk (by which I mean end up with more fat) but if you're only having it every couple of weeks then I doubt it would make much difference.

bradley
10-17-2003, 02:20 AM
Pizza is far from the ideal food when bulking, but it will add the necessary calories. Pizza contains high amounts of saturated and trans-fats, and the protein content would vary depending on the type of pizza ordered. Well pizza provide you with a large amount of calories, yes, but there are definitely much better choices out there.

theomen
10-17-2003, 03:52 PM
I'm w/ bradley. But then again I'm preparing for competition so most food that isn't prepared by yourself is bad IMO. Pizza is loaded with kcal's, but not much of it is of any use. If you need the extra calories than try eating more good food, eat some lean red meat (top round and the likes), Some Chicken breast, load up on the low GI carbs, Veggies and Fruits and if you must have pizza try to limit it and not make it "part" of your diet. I personally would only eat pizza if I were forced to, and I never "cheat" but then again most people aren't as fanatical as I am.

AlexBBbegginer
10-17-2003, 04:42 PM
you could make your own pizza if u MUST eat it, that way you could control the amount of badness you put on it.
cheese is going to be the worst part since it turns into mega saturates once melted.
Topping wise if you made it very meaty it would be ok for protein requirements, just stick to chicken and seafood and avoid pepperoni.

The white flour dough isnt particularly good for you but high GI carbs should be in your diet (sparingly).

Pizza is definately a cheat food IMO and one a week as a reward should be fine.

MasturNate
10-17-2003, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by bradley
Pizza is far from the ideal food when bulking, but it will add the necessary calories. Pizza contains high amounts of saturated and trans-fats, and the protein content would vary depending on the type of pizza ordered. Well pizza provide you with a large amount of calories, yes, but there are definitely much better choices out there.

It all depends on the type of pizza you get. For example, every sunday my dad makes homemade pizza for our family and the only fat in the whole pie comes from olive oil.

Ironman8
10-17-2003, 06:34 PM
I would save it for a cheatmeal.

Spartacus
10-17-2003, 08:08 PM
if you don't make it yourself, its not going to be good. its not too hard to keep something easy in the cupboard.

Bam Bam
10-17-2003, 08:18 PM
i use pizza as a cheat or bulk meal cals are cals or so i hear

MrWebb78
10-17-2003, 08:35 PM
i use pizza as a mainstay in my diet.

Spartacus
10-17-2003, 11:15 PM
i use pizza as clothing

hngacurv
10-18-2003, 01:17 AM
If you are naturally lean then eat away. If you aren't then you'll be adding a lot of fat with your muscle by eating it all the time. Moderation would be the much better choice if you gain fat easily.

Trent_Steel
10-19-2003, 02:21 PM
A pizza is packed with protein, well it is if you put in the amount of cheese that I do :D
You going to add fat anyway on a bulk, eating pizza just means when you do your cut your going to have a couple extra bf% to shift.

jinxx
10-20-2003, 03:48 AM
Had nice pizza yesterday, but it was my cheatday so it was all good. Can't wait till next sunday :D