protein shake
piece of fruit
1/3 cup oats

6:00 Meal 5
chicken breat
3 servings of veggies

9:00 Meal 6
Protein shake

what do you think? Also i'm 5 foot 2 and weigh 135 lbs. how many grams f protien can i process in one sittting?

bradley
10-18-2003, 07:35 AM
You need more fat in your diet. Fat should make up ~25% of your daily calories, with most of this coming from healthy sources such as fish oil, olive oil, flaxseed oil, nuts, natural peanut butter, etc.

What are your current goals? What type of protein are you using before bed? I would recommend a blend of some sort, or if using whey you can mix it with milk.

how many grams f protien can i process in one sittting?

Your body is quite effecient at digesting and absorbing the food you consume. Approximately 90% of all protein consumed will be used by the body, so if you eat a large protein meal it will just take longer for it to be digested, as compared to a smaller meal. In other words a large meal will stay in the gut longer than a small meal.

xbranman2
10-18-2003, 07:40 AM
well 2 sandwiches in my diet are natural pb. and my protein shakes are musclle milk which have a good amount of fat in them. The protein i have before bed is 100 optimum whey.

bradley
10-18-2003, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by xbranman2
well 2 sandwiches in my diet are natural pb. and my protein shakes are musclle milk which have a good amount of fat in them. The protein i have before bed is 100 optimum whey.

This still does not provide any type of omega-3 fats, which are abundant in fish oil and flaxseed oil.

I would use the Muscle Milk before bed, and the 100% whey post workout. Although I really do not see much benefit in Muscle Milk, other than the MCTs, and a protein blend with added fat would work just as well. The fat sources in Muscle Milk are things like canola oil and some type of modified vegetable oil, and you are probably getting more than enough of these type of fats through your diet. Also contains a lot of added vitamins and minerals but when you get down to it, it is just a protein supplement that has added fat.

xbranman2
10-19-2003, 08:13 AM
what would you recommend for more fat in my diet?

bradley
10-19-2003, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by xbranman2
what would you recommend for more fat in my diet?

Fish oil or flaxseed oil would be a good choice as far as omega 3 fats, and then you can use olive oil to increase fat intake as well.

Nuts, natural peanut butter, and oily fish (salmon for example) are also good sources of fat.